Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Paladin

Citizen
the next entry in the Zord Ascension Project is the Astro Megazord!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
the next entry in the Zord Ascension Project is the Astro Megazord!
Oh no.

Oh no oh no oh no.

How much is that likely to be, based on the others?

Oh no.

The only thing that bugs me is that the shutter doors on the shoulders aren't set the same way as on TV, they're more slanted.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Well I have the day off and the rest of season 2 of Dino Fury dropped, so I pretty much went "Hug it, I'm binging this"

Really liked it. Did not see some of the twists happening.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well I have the day off and the rest of season 2 of Dino Fury dropped, so I pretty much went "Hug it, I'm binging this"

Really liked it. Did not see some of the twists happening.
I'll say. Just finished binging it, myself.

I did see the reveal about Amelia's parents coming a mile away, but the other big reveal that they were Rafkonians was definitely a surprise.

The whole "Morphin Masters handwave plot holes from previous seasons" thing was kind of cheeky, but now I'm wondering if we're also supposed to believe that it's the reason Kendrix came back at the end of Lost Galaxy.

The wishing charms episode had me all excited to see Power Rangers use a Sentai zord suit in newly-shot footage at Ranger scale. Previously, any and newly-shot zord footage for Power Rangers had only ever been at the proper giant scale. Seeing the T-Rex Champion Zord suit at it's natural size was a joy to see.

There's still a few unanswered questions, though. Like, how long ago did Tarrick and Santaura come to Earth? Why did they come to Earth in the first place? Where did they come from if Rafkon had been evacuated and still healing for 65 million years? Where did Area 62 get that crate full of Rafkonian knight weaponry? Did Tarrick and Santaura bring it to Earth with them? If so, where did they get it? Zayto recognized the Dino Knight Morpher, so where did Tarrick get a 65-million-year-old Knights of Rafkon morpher? Since Zayto recognized it, was it created along with the original Rafkon Rangers back on Earth 65 million years ago? How did it survive the mists of time for 65 million years? And the whole premise of Area 62 raises a ton of questions, too.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'll say. Just finished binging it, myself.

I did see the reveal about Amelia's parents coming a mile away, but the other big reveal that they were Rafkonians was definitely a surprise.

The whole "Morphin Masters handwave plot holes from previous seasons" thing was kind of cheeky, but now I'm wondering if we're also supposed to believe that it's the reason Kendrix came back at the end of Lost Galaxy.

The wishing charms episode had me all excited to see Power Rangers use a Sentai zord suit in newly-shot footage at Ranger scale. Previously, any and newly-shot zord footage for Power Rangers had only ever been at the proper giant scale. Seeing the T-Rex Champion Zord suit at it's natural size was a joy to see.

There's still a few unanswered questions, though. Like, how long ago did Tarrick and Santaura come to Earth? Why did they come to Earth in the first place? Where did they come from if Rafkon had been evacuated and still healing for 65 million years? Where did Area 62 get that crate full of Rafkonian knight weaponry? Did Tarrick and Santaura bring it to Earth with them? If so, where did they get it? Zayto recognized the Dino Knight Morpher, so where did Tarrick get a 65-million-year-old Knights of Rafkon morpher? Since Zayto recognized it, was it created along with the original Rafkon Rangers back on Earth 65 million years ago? How did it survive the mists of time for 65 million years? And the whole premise of Area 62 raises a ton of questions, too.

I also just finished it.

While cheeky, I like the idea that the weird unexplained dues ex machina type moments actually get some explination of it being the Morphin Masters, I doubt just Green, looking out for the Rangers and trying to help them while also being 'hands off' as possible.

The bit I loved was them connecting Lothorn to Lokar from MMRP, not the kinda reference I'd expect since he's a semi-obscure villian despite having fairly important role in in two multipart episodes.

Tarrick and Santaura:
It seems like they crashed, Its mentioned that the Rafkonians have become Nomads and Tarrick comments about Scavaging. Area 62 is just PR Area 51; so I imagine that they found the Knight stuff at somepoint, becuase it seems like Pine Ridge is where they fell. It's not hard to imagine that someone like Ollie's mom would have discovered them at some point, and them being Alien origin gets consficated by area 62. How did it survive? Well, considering basically everything else but the other 4 rangers seemed to survive, I don't think thats as big a hole as you think it is.

Paladin

Citizen
say hello to the Cosmic Fury suits.

Attachments

• Power Rangers Cosmic Fury Preview.jpg
    Power Rangers Cosmic Fury Preview.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 113

Shadewing

Citizen
So they are basically doing what MMPR season 2 did. Monster and Zord stuff being adapted, but basically everything else is American footage. Not sure how I feel about the suits, espically since I kinda liked some of the Kyuranger suits.

Paladin

Citizen
Oh no.

Oh no oh no oh no.

How much is that likely to be, based on the others?

Oh no.

The only thing that bugs me is that the shutter doors on the shoulders aren't set the same way as on TV, they're more slanted.

well the good news is it's ONLY $166.

says April but they pushed back the first Megazord a few times so summer might be more likely.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
......Me thinks the Lightning Collection team really should've gotten the IDW artists to design Ranger forms for Ken and Cammy that match with Ryu and Chun-li, because dear Primus those two just look like simple part-swap customs. >.<

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man...

How tall is 1:144 scale, anyway, given that 1:1 would be the size of a skyscraper?

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
......Me thinks the Lightning Collection team really should've gotten the IDW artists to design Ranger forms for Ken and Cammy that match with Ryu and Chun-li, because dear Primus those two just look like simple part-swap customs. >.<
Maybe then we could get figures of the Omega Rangers?!

Top Bottom