Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Counterpoint: If I’m paying $220 it damn well better be a pretentious Super Grown-up Collectible with real metal parts because metal.

$60 light up plastic sword? Less so.
That's fair, but not the life for me. Can certainly see the logic of wanting as much for the cash as possible, but I literally can't afford to use the amount as a starting point, heh.

I was never going to pay $220 for one of these -- and certainly not now that there is a decent alternative that accepts it's a kids' toy and is priced, well, not exactly accordingly, but closer.

If I can get a reasonable facsimile of the thing it's a roleplay version of for THAT much less, that's $140 that can go to more kids' toys, so wins all around.

Speaking of which -- are the Target season 3 Ninjas out in the states yet? When are they supposed to be due?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And here's the revised version of the History of Wild Force:

Better explanations of opinions, corrected/updated information, additional info added from revelations given since the release of the original upload, and an overall more professional quality to the presentation.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
For anyone who's collecting the Dino Fury Zord Link figures, both the Mosa Razor Zord and the Ptera Freeze Zord are now available in stores. I picked up both a few nights ago from Target.

Last edited:

Paladin

Citizen
For anyone who's collecting the Dino Fury Zord Link figures, both the Mosa Razor Zord and the Ptera Freeze Zord are now available in stores. I picked up both a few nights ago from Target.

There's been a couple reports of the Mosa Zord coming with two right feet.

Proving once again, the Dino Fury line did not get off on the right foot.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Fortunately for me, my Mosa Razor Zord has all of its correct parts.

What's not so fortunate is that, since I waited this late to pick up all of the earlier zords, when I recently picked up the T-Rex Champion Zord, it had two of the same T-Rex arm. And it was the later-wave repackaged release that comes alongside the Mosa Razor Zord and Ptera Freeze Zord.

So I had to go buy a second T-Rex to get a correctly-assembled one, and it was one from the first wave in the same packaging as the blue/black and pink/green zords. So the later-wave release was the one with the QC problem that should have been caught and dealt with in the first wave.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Apparently, Hasbro MIGHT be trying to reunite the original Power Rangers cast for a anniversary special to celebrate the franchise's 30th Anniversary.

I...doubt they'll be able to pull it off. Getting everyone to New Zealand is a pretty big hurdle. I'm sure they'll be able to get some of them, but everyone?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
David Yost has been saying at convention panels that he's been trying to pitch a MMPR reunion mini-series, called "The Quantum Continuum", to Hasbro and Netflix. But the last I saw of what he said about it, he was still been trying to pitch it and hadn't yet convinced them.

Paladin

Citizen
well, so much for any anniversary plans Hasbro might've had.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, Power Rangers Universe #6 came out today, and with a few far-reaching LORE implications.

I was right, these guys were the Emissaries. It's yet to be seen if 3 of them fall to the dark side and become the Empyreals, but it's a non-zero possibility. And one way or another we need to see what became of the other 3, since they NEVER showed up before.

Also, I have to wonder if the Dairanger suits were actually THEIRS or if there's still another team in the future that uses them properly. All the other suits were from some future team. And these New Power suits weren't really treated as all that special when they showed up on Super Megaforce (mind you there's...several good reasons for that...one being they had "never been seen before on this planet"...which is NOT TRUE ANYMORE).

Which brings us to the biggest reveal, and probably the one most people will have a problem with...The Morphin Master's homeworld is actually Earth in the FAR past. This...is consistent with what Hasbro ALWAYS does, giving GREAT COSMIC IMPORTANCE to things that...don't really need it. But, it does give us a reason why aliens are ALWAYS attacking Earth, since it's flooded with "positive" Morphin Energy and is the only gateway into the Morphin Grid, which Dark Specter NEEDS in order to destroy it. But, yeah, this is Optimus is the Thirteenth or Twilight is a Alicorn all over again.

We'll have to wait and see how the fandom reacts to this. Overall... I hate to say it but this mini was a little weak. I didn't really care for this style of art in this particular context., the color is a little too heavy on "chalky" tones and the linework is not really detailed enough to really make all the costumes stand out. And the characters never really got a chance to show us their personalities. Which...might have been on purpose, given that they were going to become the Emissaries, and they've always been mostly personality-less blobs of mystery. Finally getting a origin for the Phantom Ranger is nice after all these years and some of the art with Dark Specter taking over Phantom was actually kind of cool. I don't even really mind the "Earth is SUPER SPECIAL" reveal, myself. Still, I wish the Emissaries could have gotten fleshed out just a little bit more so it's more "tragic" when they eventually lose themselves in their new roles.

Last edited:

spikeriley

Citizen
well, so much for any anniversary plans Hasbro might've had.

Don't count them out just yet. Remember, ASJ is innocent until proven guilty, and he plans to fight this, as he has pled not guilty to the charges.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Don't count them out just yet. Remember, ASJ is innocent until proven guilty, and he plans to fight this, as he has pled not guilty to the charges.
Innocent until proven guilty isn't what you think it is.

Also, plenty of guilty people plead Innocent and swear to fight it. Here are the two choices, either he's an idiot, or a thief. Either reason would be an excuse not to have him back.

Also, stop believing unsubstantiated rumors about a reunion show that no one would watch.

spikeriley

Citizen
Three years after the last Super Sentai DVD release (thanks a lot, Hasbro), Shout Factory is finally releasing another series:

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Which is... released by hasbro. I guess it never occurred that buying energy may have put a lot of things behind ref tape?

spikeriley

Citizen
Which is... released by hasbro. I guess it never occurred that buying energy may have put a lot of things behind ref tape?

That is true, so maybe with the announcement of the Fiveman set, chance are Hasbro and Shout Factory may have finally reached a deal allowing SF to continue releasing Super Sentai DVD sets in America (so people can have a way to watch them legally).

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Question: which of these listing is likely to net me the actual 19-disc set with the appropriate extras and whatnot? The largely identical descriptions and images aren't much help.

Sense suggests it'll be the pricier listing, but on the off chance...

~$40

~$80

Top Bottom