Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Once more unto the breach, dear friends. Once more...

Linkara's History of Power Rangers: Beast Morphers:

The Disney Brain's worst and best Power Rangers finales:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh, and in the comics, we just got a origin for Lord Zedd.

And Power Rangers Universe will actually give us the origin of the Phantom Ranger that has hinted at in Edge of Darkness one-shot.

I keep feeling like we're getting closer and closer to some sort of Shattered Grid 2 event. Then again, I've felt that way since Drakkon showed up again.

Paladin

Citizen
Dino Fury has currently entered its "international airings" phase and something interesting has popped up from the previews.

OSPr6lB.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I thought that suit had been destroyed years ago or something.

Plus, it's unfortunate that he'll never be able to sound the same again (unless they can get a convincing soundalike, but they haven't so far in anything Zedd has appeared in since Axelrod's last time voicing him.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Interesting choice of timing considering the comics lately. Could Hasbro be trying to synergise the brand a tad more? I mean the Boom comics have exploded in popularity post Drakkon. Folding in comic continuity into the show seems a bit much but it could be like Disney pulling certain things from Star Wars legends. I mean the Ninja Steel anniversary crossover was a pretty poor attempt to try something like Drakkon/Shattered Grid already. It could be attempts to pull back the older fanbase.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
*squints* It's probably a brand-new suit.

I do wonder how they'll explain him being evil again after getting purified at the end of In Space, though. I wonder what that means for the Magic Mother from Mystic Force. Did the Zordon wave just...wear off?

And, yeah, I'm going to guess some of this stuff is kind of like the Thirteen in Transformers. Some bits of lore that Hasbro puts into every season to kind of give it a little bit of cross-media synergy and a sense of epicness. Morphin Masters, Zedd, maybe even the return of Dark Specter, given his new role in the comics.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm about 85% its a new suit, it doesn't look quiet right as small things just look a bit off to me. As to how we'll return, my bet is on he's an illusion of some sort create by the new general.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just figured this scene with Zedd would be a flashback to a long time ago.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
So.. I just found a Beast Morphers Cheetah Racer Zord... At Ollies.

That means places like Walmart and Target and such -had- these.. and just did not ship these to stores.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I remember seeing Beast Morphers zord toys at Target and Walmart. Not the "good" ones, but zord toys nonetheless.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Yeah no, this is fully transforming beast morphers red racer zord. The one that was impossible to find. Apparently stores just didn't want to send them out from the warehouses.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Was not expecting Poisandra. MMPR Ninja Black Adam is a cool touch. It’s interesting that they are trying so much too differentiate the core MMPR team so much despite most people probably wanting their base forms. Rita is cool but truthfully I’m kinda wanting Rito more as a fighter. But we’ll have to see how she plays. Again it might of been cool to get the Movie Rita as she seemed to be more of a fighter

BUT DOGGIE KRUGER UNMORPHED SKIN! Morphinominal!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It'd be cool if they turned to some of the non-MMPR Zyuranger footage of Bandora for inspiration of Rita's fighting style and moveset, since she never actually fought in Power Rangers while Bandora did get at least some fighting scenes in Zyuranger.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Was it known that full episodes, nay, entire seasons of Power Rangers were being officially uploaded to YouTube?

They've already got all of MMPR season 1, Wild Force, Dino Thunder, and Jungle Fury, with full-season livestreams for Jungle Fury, Super Megaforce, and Samurai also currently in progress as of this typing.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Ya I’ve known, but I dislike the drip feed and lack of order that comes with it on YouTube. Cool for easy free access for sure but I’d still take the convenience of Netflix over it on YouTube.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, those covers really spoil what's coming up. Even the text kind of makes it sound like we're supposed to think that Zordon died, instead.

Whatever they're leading up to with all this, it's going to be fun.

Top Bottom