Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Super7 revealed their 2nd wave of Ulitmates.

MMPR Red and Pink (with Rocky and Jason and Kim and Kat heads) King Sphinx, Dragonzord and Rita Repulsa (with alt possessed Kimberly head)

Oof, that Jason head is... not good.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So is it me or are they trying to bring back Zedd as a greater antagonist later?

The Morphin Master wakes the Gold Ranger in response to him being on the loose. I'd say we ain't seen the last of him yet.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, he'll definitely be back. Though, it's really never explained why Reaghoul brought back him specifically, if he has the power to bring back anyone. The two also just sorta come out of nowhere, so there's a fairly big backstory waiting to be told, there.

Finished the season last night. It's... okay? Just a very low stakes season with very little plot overall. It's at least not nearly as dull as Ninja Steel was. Though, Void Knight's ultimate goal kinda made me want to see him win, if only to finally reveal to the rangers what it is that he's trying to do.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, this has been loosely confirmed for awhile, as one the the actors accidentally revealed it earlier this year. But makes sense, as when Hasbro took over the license the Nick contract was for 3 more years, and we're at the end of that now.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Sayonara, Nickelodeon. Can we go back to full-length seasons now? Cuz good riddance to that Nick-induced limitation.

MrBlud

Citizen
I don’t have the money to spend on a Black/Gold Zord Ascension Megazord anyway but VERY disappointed Hasbro is jumping on the planet destroying scam that are NFTs

Shadewing

Citizen
Finished the season last night. It's... okay? Just a very low stakes season with very little plot overall. It's at least not nearly as dull as Ninja Steel was. Though, Void Knight's ultimate goal kinda made me want to see him win, if only to finally reveal to the rangers what it is that he's trying to do.

Just finished the season tonight, and I'm fine with it being low stakes, because Void Knight is a very low stakes villain and there's nothing wrong with that. Voidy has a singular goal, he doesn't want to conquer anything, he doesn't want to destroy things or revenge, or whatever. He just basically PR's Mr. Freeze. A guy that is mostly a villain due to circumstance. It certainly makes him one of the most interesting villains we've gotten in awhile, though we do need to see his full story to fully cement that. This Whole season is largely character driven more then plot driven, and I kinda like that, sure we've kinda gotten both in the past but for Hasbro's first truly solo series it works as they figure out what all works and in what doses.

My only issue is that, I was hoping they'd not defeat Reaghoul this season, I wanted his defeat to be tied to Zedd's new life. I feel that if you have this team of Rangers just straight up defeat Zedd, that its doing a disservice to his legacy. But if killing Reaghoul, also undid his magic (common enough trope espically in PR) then they defeat Zedd by proxie and preserve the fact he's never really lost to any power ranger. If could have been an interesting Dynamic of Zedd needing to keep this person he hates for enslaving him alive. I just fear that whatever they come up with for him is gonna be disappointing.

Paladin

Citizen
apparently purchasing an NFT is the only way to preorder the black & gold Megazord from their new project.

Attachments

• Hascon2021.jpg
    Hascon2021.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 80

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Managed to get a second Green Ranger while a promotional local sale lasted. The original plan was just to make small tweaks. Detail the helmet. Add the chest and back diamonds. Not exactly effortless, but comparatively less work.

But by the time I'd disassembled him and pored over reference pictures (and geeked out while rewatching old episodes), I couldn't unsee the difference in the shade of green. Then it was oh, the gloves and boots need to match the body. Oh, could probably tweak the gold on the shield. Oh, those boots would look better with the black soles.

So...

Ju2nxto.jpg
CyOLNLp.jpg
iFsQuEN.jpg

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So I had gotten a shipping label notification from FedEx the other day that had me thinking I had the next big Kickstarter release for the Heroes of the Grid board game with the Beast Morphers and Solar Rangers. Should have looked at the weight. Turns out it was the other Pre order they sent out.

0CD89833-E295-43BC-8540-3BFC3CD067B3.jpeg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Are there still any places to get a boxed sdcc 2019 armored red/gold 2pack? Where I get to keep both my kidneys preferably.

Okay, now I'm just looking for the packaging -- box, tray, sleeve.

Last edited:

Top Bottom