Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Oh and they unlocked the Black Ranger body for Selfie Series with a promo code to get 20% off PR Selfie Figures.

PRGSELFIE20

good until the 23rd.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
There was some really weird messenging in that vid

"WE HEAR YOU! MMPR won't be the only thing we focus on!"
*proceeds to show MMPR for 80% of the show*

"WE HEAR YOU! We know you like this Black and Gold ZAP Megazord but it was hard to get. So its going up for preorder again. BTW Its limited so hurry up!"

If I hadn't just opened the Rita Zedd 2 pack I got on clearance at Gamestop I may have gone for the new one.

Still holding out hope for Omega Rangers. Super Megaforce too but I know thats a very unpopular show.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Dude, I hadn't watched it yet at the time of posting. I was asleep!
Either way, if you want to watch the video cool. But it's not like it's a youtuber needing the views. It's basically a half hour commercial. You don't need to post every video here.

I'll admit I'm being a bit of an ass here, but when it's a livestream and your posting it hours after it's out and the information is pretty much out there anyways if you look hard enough, I really don't see the point of posting the full video unless there was something extremely newsworthy outside of Hasbro trying to sell us more.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well, nobody was talking about any of it in this thread beforehand, so I figured it couldn't hurt to let it help jumpstart some discussion about it here.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
And did you try discussing anything in your first post? Again I'm being an ass, but maybe saying something with the video might push things along.

Anyways. I feel like I'm picking a fight that doesn't need to be one. It's just my personal pet peeves coming up. I watched it live and did most of my discussing already on another Discord server. But practice what you preach right.

I'll admit I'm with Confuzor with wanting Omegas and Super Megaforce. Personally I'll take just about anything Boom! has cooked up in the comics. Like Zedd's latest look and some more TMNT crossover goodness. And Super Megaforce.... I may dislike how they handled the show but the Super Megaforce/Gokaiger suits are one of the best Ranger/Sentai designs and it would be criminal to waste them.

As far as the preorders, I'm really only down to get the Red Turbo Ranger, admittedly more as a Tommy completionist. I really have never sat down and watched much of Turbo outside of the Movie, the changing of the guard, and the lead up to In Space, so I'm more about TJ in blue. Lightspeed is kinda tempting, but not one I feel the need to start in on. RPM Yellow again not needing it, but I do kinda like Rose McIver so I might pick one up later. RPM was a great series but I was never super into much of the actual Ranger designs.

Rita is slightly tempting with the swapping face plates, and The Minotaur is a cool design. But I have the two pack Rita, and if anything I'd rebuy her in a Boom design if anything. The Minotaur..... I'm too deep into other lines and need to stop jumping around so much so as cool as the design is I'll pass.

The Green candle stuff and swappable Dragon Shield is a bit tempting on the Remastered figures but not enough to get me to rebuy MMPR for another time. I'm already 4 pinks in and two Greens.

And straight up no on the Cobra Kai stuff. I have no desire to buy them and not really into the show so it's an easy pass. Kudo's to Hasbro for the easy Ninjetti costume reuse but it's just nothing I need. Give me a Blanka or Zangeif Ranger instead.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Oh man! You just reminded me. I need the Mutant Rangers from the second TMNT crossover. I saw some customs online a few weeks ago and my hype for potential Mutant Ranger figures is thru the roof!

Deathy G1

Citizen
I just finished Once and Always. The best scenes were the ones with Zack, Billy and Minh. Walter Emanuel Jones showed off possibly the best acting skills ever in a Power Rangers production.

The story itself was average, but enjoyable for what it was. I was hoping for a Zedd appearance since he is back too, but no dice.

Also, the time for CGI Zords is at hand! Finally they looked right. I really think that the split from Sentai shows will be ok if this is the future.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Watched it myself. It was a fun little hour. Hoping we see more of Trini's daughter in the future.

My only nitpick (right now) is I was disappointed that when the Megazord formed they didn't play: "Megazord sequence has been initiated" but obviously that's not really all that important. I just really wanted it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My only nitpick (right now) is I was disappointed that when the Megazord formed they didn't play: "Megazord sequence has been initiated" but obviously that's not really all that important. I just really wanted it.
You know, I was so caught up in the excitement that I completely forgot about that bit.

I guess we can handwave it away by saying this is a rebuilt "2.0" version of the Megazord (actually called "Dino Megazord" onscreen for the first time ever, even) that doesn't have that and the "Megazord activated!" parts built into it like the original one did.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It wasn't the best cg I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it. Apparently they used the ZAP toys as models?

I'm a little disappointed with how Robo Rita was finished. Really, she deserved the Power Blaster.

While the fan service was greatly appreciated, I really wish there had been more exposition. Like, what about Mystic Mother?

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I was waiting for the Power Blaster just to get one more use outta the thing. Also expected the Megazord to use its forehead beam at one point to keep the enemy at bay.

I dunno what it was, but I feel like Rita sounded better in clip than I ever remember her sounding. Alpha too now that I think about it.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Just watched Once and Always.

Overall, it was...fine. It felt a little "under-cooked" in places. It WANTS to be taken seriously...but it also wants to be a old episode of Mighty Morphin.

But, I think it does get better as it goes along. And it...tries to have some heartfelt moments. So, yeah, it's okay.
The way Trini...explodes is kind of weirdly animated. It's more..."floaty" and "twisty" than I feel like it should be.

It sure is nice of Robo Rita to wait a whole year between attacks so Minh can train herself up. (Yeah, yeah, I know there were probably a lot of battles offscreen, but it's a LOT of plot convenience.)

"Harvey Garvey" on one of the tombstones that the monsters smash. Now THERE'S the most obscure reference in the special.

They just left the Sabertooth Morpher right in their living room like that? I mean...I guess it didn't work anymore, but it's just kind of odd and convenient. Also...weird that no one mentioned in over a year that it didn't work anymore after Rita blasted it.

They REALLY don't even TRY to explain why the code for Rita returning is called a "Bandora Protocol". It's a cute reference, but I want LORE!

They really did do a good job of recreating the old Juice Bar.

Bulk and Skull are running a bulk-sandwich shop. That's kind of perfect for them. Good way to work them in without having them in our faces the whole time.

Kat is the one operating the crane...because she had the Crane Zord...someone else had to point that out.

"All out destruction is rarely the optimal strategy" ...Billy is just WRONG here. EVERYTHING would have turned out better is they had killed the robo-monsters when they had the chance. I mean, hindsight is 20/20 and all, but...it's not like they've ever worried about exploding monsters before. This is just so the plot can happen.

I'll admit, Minh running down Puddies in the Rad Bug 2 is a fun idea. Almost a shame it's such a brief scene.

Robo Rita actually got herself a nice little collection of Rangers in a pretty short time. Some people aren't keeping up with their post-show training. It's almost like a giant plug for the Lightning Collection figures from Hasbro. (Available in stores NOW!)

Let's see there's: Jason (MMPR Red), Tommy (MMPR Green), Kimberly (MMPR Pink), Ravi (Beast Morphers Blue), Ashley (In Space Yellow), Merrick (Wild Force Silver), The Phantom Ranger (Turbo), Tanya (Zeo Yellow); Devon (Beast Morphers Red), Carlos (In Space Black), Nate (Beast Morphers Gold), Kai (Lost Galaxy Blue), Leo (Lost Galaxy Red), Damon (Lost Galaxy Green), Conner (Dino Thunder Red), Trent (Dino Thunder White).

It's not like I WANT Minh to die...but there really isn't a good reason that she didn't get disintegrated when Rita shot her unmorphed like that. Sure, we can say either "the Morphin Grid did it" or "the Morpher took the brunt of the blast"...but that didn't help Trini, did it?

It feels like a bit of a missed opportunity not to have Robo Rita grow giant so she can fight the Megazord for once.

They didn't get RID of Mystic Mother, but it IS a little weird that she didn't notice a evil "clone" of herself running around.

So...going off the idea that the "evil particles" that the Zordon Wave disbursed are still out there somewhere...in theory, we could have TWO Lord Zedds running around if someone manages to find and gather his particles together. Since the Dino Fury one is actually a time travel doppelganger. THREE if we count the supposedly Good Zedd (Zophram if we're going by the comics) that should be running around...somewhere.

And...should blasting Robo Rita actually finish her? She's a ball of evil energy NOT the robot she's possessing. I kind of feel a little bad for Alpha 8. They didn't even TRY to save their "friend".

I feel like this is at least setting up the possibility of bringing Zordon back. I...guess I'm okay with that? It's a little surprising that they didn't do it for Super Megaforce, honestly.

"Trini would be proud" This is probably the most "real" line of the entire special. It got to me a little.

Ending with Kim's song from "The Song of Guitardo" was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Just watched Once and Always.

Overall, it was...fine. It felt a little "under-cooked" in places. It WANTS to be taken seriously...but it also wants to be a old episode of Mighty Morphin.

But, I think it does get better as it goes along. And it...tries to have some heartfelt moments. So, yeah, it's okay.
The way Trini...explodes is kind of weirdly animated. It's more..."floaty" and "twisty" than I feel like it should be.

It sure is nice of Robo Rita to wait a whole year between attacks so Minh can train herself up. (Yeah, yeah, I know there were probably a lot of battles offscreen, but it's a LOT of plot convenience.)

"Harvey Garvey" on one of the tombstones that the monsters smash. Now THERE'S the most obscure reference in the special.

They just left the Sabertooth Morpher right in their living room like that? I mean...I guess it didn't work anymore, but it's just kind of odd and convenient. Also...weird that no one mentioned in over a year that it didn't work anymore after Rita blasted it.

They REALLY don't even TRY to explain why the code for Rita returning is called a "Bandora Protocol". It's a cute reference, but I want LORE!

They really did do a good job of recreating the old Juice Bar.

Bulk and Skull are running a bulk-sandwich shop. That's kind of perfect for them. Good way to work them in without having them in our faces the whole time.

"All out destruction is rarely the optimal strategy" ...Billy is just WRONG here. EVERYTHING would have turned out better is they had killed the robo-monsters when they had the chance. I mean, hindsight is 20/20 and all, but...it's not like they've ever worried about exploding monsters before. This is just so the plot can happen.

I'll admit, Minh running down Puddies in the Rad Bug 2 is a fun idea. Almost a shame it's such a brief scene.

Robo Rita actually got herself a nice little collection of Rangers in a pretty short time. Some people aren't keeping up with their post-show training. It's almost like a giant plug for the Lightning Collection figures from Hasbro. (Available in stores NOW!)

Let's see there's: Jason (MMPR Red), Tommy (MMPR Green), Kimberly (MMPR Pink), Ravi (Beast Morphers Blue), Ashley (In Space Yellow), Merrick (Wild Force Silver), The Phantom Ranger (Turbo), Tanya (Zeo Yellow); Devon (Beast Morphers Red), Carlos (In Space Black), Nate (Beast Morphers Gold), Kai (Lost Galaxy Blue), Leo (Lost Galaxy Red), Damon (Lost Galaxy Green), Conner (Dino Thunder Red), Trent (Dino Thunder White).

It's not like I WANT Minh to die...but there really isn't a good reason that she didn't get disintegrated when Rita shot her unmorphed like that. Sure, we can say either "the Morphin Grid did it" or "the Morpher took the brunt of the blast"...but that didn't help Trini, did it?

It feels like a bit of a missed opportunity not to have Robo Rita grow giant so she can fight the Megazord for once.

They didn't get RID of Mystic Mother, but it IS a little weird that she didn't notice a evil "clone" of herself running around.

So...going off the idea that the "evil particles" that the Zordon Wave disbursed are still out there somewhere...in theory, we could have TWO Lord Zedds running around if someone manages to find and gather his particles together. Since the Dino Fury one is actually a time travel doppelganger. THREE if we count the supposedly Good Zedd (Zophram if we're going by the comics) that should be running around...somewhere.

And...should blasting Robo Rita actually finish her? She's a ball of evil energy NOT the robot she's possessing. I kind of feel a little bad for Alpha 8. They didn't even TRY to save their "friend".

I feel like this is at least setting up the possibility of bringing Zordon back. I...guess I'm okay with that? It's a little surprising that they didn't do it for Super Megaforce, honestly.

"Trini would be proud" This is probably the most "real" line of the entire special. It got to me a little.

Ending with Kim's song from "The Song of Guitardo" was a nice touch.
Trini's death: Yeah, I felt that too. I was rather weirded out by how she seemed to kinda twirl around in a direction that the blast absolutely did not send her in. The visual looked kinda silly.

Rita waiting a year: I kinda figured she went into hiding during all that time, using that time to recreate her palace since it would have likely been destroyed by the Machine Empire when they first took over the Earth's moon all those years ago. And since both the rangers and other people from Earth have visited the moon multiple times in the years since Zeo, it wouldn't have made any sense for the palace to have simply been left standing and untouched for all that time, so Rita would have had to rebuild it.

Trini's morpher left in the living room: I'm honestly surprised they even had it since, whenever a previous ranger/morphed hero was killed by a deadly explosion (specifically thinking of Kendrix, the Magna Defender, and the recent case of Zayto), there was no morpher left behind by the blasts that killed each of them.

Sure, the Pink Quasar Saber did survive Kendrix's death, but those swords were suggested to be kinda magical in nature and may not be destroyable by brute force, but I digress.

Bandora Protocol: THIS SO MUCH! It's a cute nod for the viewers, but what does word "Bandora" MEAN in the context of Power Rangers? Why did Rita's Moon Palace have a sign saying "Bandora Palace" in the Power Rangers Universe?!

Bulk and Skull's sandwich company: It also potentially fits well with how we last saw Skull at the end of Super Samurai, where he was shown to be a super rich man with his own limousine. It could be that he's the head of a big sandwich company and decided to let Bulk join up as his business partner. Though, why Bulk wasn't already working with him (instead of seemingly being between jobs) during Samurai/Super Samurai is another unanswered question, but still, it was nice.

"All-out destruction...": You'll get no argument from me. No one but Minh was thinking in a practical sense during that scene, even if Minh's motivations were selfish. But no, teaching Minh a valuable lesson was apparently more important than saving the lives of other rangers from imminent mortal danger. Gag me.

Lightning Collection Rangers: How did Rita even have any of the Lost Galaxy Rangers? Don't they still live on Mirinoi? Did Leo, Kai, and Damon just happen to be visiting Earth on the exact day that Rita decided to launch her global Putty attack? Talk about coincidence.

Minh surviving the same attack that killed her mother: This is more my own headcanon than anything, but after thinking about all of the ranger deaths that involved fatal blasts and explosions, I like to think that it wasn't either the morpher or the grid that protected Minh, but rather Trini herself from within the Morphin Grid. When Zayto blew up at the end of Dino Fury, Master Red said that Zayto became one with the Morphin Grid, and his death was a lot like those of Kendrix and the Magna Defender. I like to think that not only did Kendrix and MD become one with the Grid, but that Trini did as well.

I also like to think that the reason Minh couldn't morph at first wasn't because the morpher or the Grid wouldn't let her (since past seasons have shown people with selfish or even evil intent being able to morph without any issue) but because Trini herself wouldn't let Minh morph. In both Lost Galaxy death cases, their morphing powers were passed onto their respective successors (Karone and Mike) only after Kendrix and MD first chose them and granted them access to their respective powers.

From within the Grid, Trini would have been observing Minh's behavior and would prevent her from using the morpher for vengeance, not choosing to pass on its power to Minh until she was truly ready, in both mind and body. And when Minh took the blast meant for Billy (the same blast that Trini took and died for Billy a year earlier), Trini's spirit within the Grid would have protected her just as Kendrix's spirit saved Karone when she nearly died after being sent off a cliff by Trakeena. And Trini's spirit taking the blast for Minh could have even come at the cost of her ever having a chance to come back from the Grid like Kendrix and Zayto did, essentially sacrificing herself a second time to save her daughter's life.

That rush of memories about Trini that Minh got from the morpher? I like to also think of that as the presence of Trini's spirit washing over Minh, comforting her daughter as if to hold her in her arms for one last time as a final goodbye, using the morpher as a means to connect Trini from within the Grid to her daughter in the physical world. And so with Minh having performed a heroic act of self-sacrifice that her mother's spirit kept her shielded during, Trini finally chose Minh to be her successor and at last allowed Minh to morph. Phew!

Robo Rita not growing giant to fight the Megazord: I never thought of that! Yeah, that would have been awesome. Especially since she never even got a well-deserved death blast by the Power Blaster.

Lord Zedd: The one from Dino Fury was said by Reaghoul to be a reincarnation, not a time-traveler. I would imagine that Reaghoul's sorcery could have summoned and gathered up Zedd's Z-Wave-expunged evil particles to recreate Zedd much like how Billy accidentally did the same for Rita.

Robo Rita's death: I guess with her vessel destroyed, her evil energy is dispersed again, where it can do no more harm. But, yeah, RIP Alpha 8. That wasn't fair to him at all.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Lightning Collection Rangers: How did Rita even have any of the Lost Galaxy Rangers? Don't they still live on Mirinoi? Did Leo, Kai, and Damon just happen to be visiting Earth on the exact day that Rita decided to launch her global Putty attack? Talk about coincidence.
You know, they MENTION Mirinoi a lot in the various shows. Obviously, Earth is somehow in contact with Mirinoi, and they might even be able to travel between the two basically at will, like a long vacation. I really wish they'd flesh this out more. I feel like Earth should be different, somehow, now that we have a colony on a alien planet and a entire space-police force with SPA.

Minh surviving the same attack that killed her mother: This is more my own headcanon than anything, but after thinking about all of the ranger deaths that involved fatal blasts and explosions, I like to think that it wasn't either the morpher or the grid that protected Minh, but rather Trini herself from within the Morphin Grid. When Zayto blew up at the end of Dino Fury, Master Red said that Zayto became one with the Morphin Grid, and his death was a lot like those of Kendrix and the Magna Defender. I like to think that not only did Kendrix and MD become one with the Grid, but that Trini did as well.

I also like to think that the reason Minh couldn't morph at first wasn't because the morpher or the Grid wouldn't let her (since past seasons have shown people with selfish or even evil intent being able to morph without any issue) but because Trini herself wouldn't let Minh morph. In both Lost Galaxy death cases, their morphing powers were passed onto their respective successors (Karone and Mike) only after Kendrix and MD first chose them and granted them access to their respective powers.

From within the Grid, Trini would have been observing Minh's behavior and would prevent her from using the morpher for vengeance, not choosing to pass on its power to Minh until she was truly ready, in both mind and body. And when Minh took the blast meant for Billy (the same blast that Trini took and died for Billy a year earlier), Trini's spirit within the Grid would have protected her just as Kendrix's spirit saved Karone when she nearly died after being sent off a cliff by Trakeena. And Trini's spirit taking the blast for Minh could have even come at the cost of her ever having a chance to come back from the Grid like Kendrix and Zayto did, essentially sacrificing herself a second time to save her daughter's life.

That rush of memories about Trini that Minh got from the morpher? I like to also think of that as the presence of Trini's spirit washing over Minh, comforting her daughter as if to hold her in her arms for one last time as a final goodbye, using the morpher as a means to connect Trini from within the Grid to her daughter in the physical world. And so with Minh having performed a heroic act of self-sacrifice that her mother's spirit kept her shielded during, Trini finally chose Minh to be her successor and at last allowed Minh to morph. Phew!

Headcanon...ACCEPTED! WAY better than what the special gives us...which was basically nothing. I don't know how I feel about Trini basically "dying" twice, but it at least gives us a good explanation for what was going on.

Lord Zedd: The one from Dino Fury was said by Reaghoul to be a reincarnation, not a time-traveler. I would imagine that Reaghoul's sorcery could have summoned and gathered up Zedd's Z-Wave-expunged evil particles to recreate Zedd much like how Billy accidentally did the same for Rita.

Didn't Reaghoul also say he plucked Zedd from when he was "at his most evil"? That seems to imply some sort of time travel component to his powers, to me. Since that would probably be before the love spell Rita put on him. I don't know, though. Reaghoul's powers are...strange and ill-defined.

Unless Cosmic Fury Lord Zedd collects his own "evil particles" and merges with them to become MASTER Zedd or something, I doubt we'll get much expansion on my idea. I don't think Power Rangers really wants TWO Zedds running around, confusing people. It just feels like a technical possibility, but VERY unlikely.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Didn't Reaghoul also say he plucked Zedd from when he was "at his most evil"? That seems to imply some sort of time travel component to his powers, to me. Since that would probably be before the love spell Rita put on him. I don't know, though. Reaghoul's powers are...strange and ill-defined.
I double-checked the scene in question. Reaghoul's words were, "I reincarnated Zedd at his most vile," and then he proceeded to show off an example of his magic by recreating two destroyed Sporix Beasts:

I do agree that his magic was pretty ill-defined, though.

As for Trini, yeah, I'm now kinda iffy on what I said before about her basically dying twice. Was trying to make it sound like Trini was acting as a sort of guardian angel for Minh, like how Kendrix was for Karone. Maybe we could re-interpret that as Trini still protecting Minh from the blast and taking it herself, but not necessarily killing her a second time. She's still there in the Morphin Grid, but is probably not gonna come back from it after passing the torch to Minh the way she did, making her situation more like the Magna Defender's than Kendrix's since he also didn't come back.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From what I read, I believe she wasn't supposed to have exploded; they were going to have the other Rangers go retrieve her body down by the beach below, but felt that would be disrespectful to Thuy Trang somehow.

Because it's the name on her palace?

"All-out destruction...": You'll get no argument from me. No one but Minh was thinking in a practical sense during that scene, even if Minh's motivations were selfish. But no, teaching Minh a valuable lesson was apparently more important than saving the lives of other rangers from imminent mortal danger. Gag me.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that when they had the monsters held captive by the magnet?

Near as I can tell, they wanted to draw Rita out of her palace so they could sneak in unimpeded. If they'd just blown the monsters to bits, well, she'd have no reason to come for them, would she?

Dang, I never even thought of that. I was just disappointed she got offed by Zack's weapon alone, instead of a full Power Blaster attack.
Yeah, I don't know Mystic Force well at all beyond Linkara's HOPR, but I was wondering a bit about that.
In fairness, it worked every other time something or someone of theirs got zapped into something by Rita or Zedd.
Rita waiting a year: I kinda figured she went into hiding during all that time, using that time to recreate her palace since it would have likely been destroyed by the Machine Empire when they first took over the Earth's moon all those years ago. And since both the rangers and other people from Earth have visited the moon multiple times in the years since Zeo, it wouldn't have made any sense for the palace to have simply been left standing and untouched for all that time, so Rita would have had to rebuild it.
They seemed to use it as late as Turbo, and probably In Space by extension.

Still a little odd, but at the same time, look at places in real life that never get demolished and just stand there, abandoned for years and decades. There are entire YouTube series on these sorts of places.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yes, but what does the word MEAN in the context of the Power Rangers universe?! We know what it means out-of-universe, but since it exists in-universe, we'd like to know what it's in-universe meaning is. That's what we're getting at.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that when they had the monsters held captive by the magnet?

Near as I can tell, they wanted to draw Rita out of her palace so they could sneak in unimpeded. If they'd just blown the monsters to bits, well, she'd have no reason to come for them, would she?
Double-checking the scene before where they first came up with the magnet plan, they wanted to draw out Snizzard and Minotaur to keep them away from the palace. They weren't concerned about Rita being there. Rocky's suggestion to go to the moon was to storm Rita's palace and confront her directly.

Snizzard and Minotaur were the ones they wanted out of the way, since Minotaur could track them when morphed and Snizzard had the ability to turn them into miniatures, so it would have made things easier for the rangers if they had simply destroyed the two instead of leaving them dangling from a magnet that they could have very well escaped from sooner than later.

Basically, it was a case of the writers thinking "The rangers have to not destroy the monsters right away so the special can have a big final battle with them at the end."

They seemed to use it as late as Turbo, and probably In Space by extension.

Still a little odd, but at the same time, look at places in real life that never get demolished and just stand there, abandoned for years and decades. There are entire YouTube series on these sorts of places.
Right, but, the Machine Empire took over the whole moon. There's no way theywould have left the palace still standing, especially since their ships were shooting at it with enough destructive intent to cause the whole place to shake and force Rita, Zedd, and their minions to flee in terror back when the empire first arrived.

Look at how much room their whole empire takes up, even (as best shown in all shots of the moon seen in this rather cool Star Wars-scored music video):

Judging from the position of the Earth seen in the interior shots of the Machine Empire's main base, it had to have been built on the moon in the same general region as where Rita and Zedd's palace stood, meaning the empire likely demolished it to make room for their vast dominion (which itself was likely destroyed by Zordon's Z-Wave in the In Space finale since the empire was still seen on the moon at the beginning of "Countdown to Destruction".

Ergo, Rita's palace likely had to be rebuilt by her during the one-year time skip of this special.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
LBD Nytetrayn said:
Yes, but what does the word MEAN in the context of the Power Rangers universe?! We know what it means out-of-universe, but since it exists in-universe, we'd like to know what it'sin-universe meaning is. That's what we're getting at.

Basically this. I just want them to expand on what "Bandora" MEANS in the context of Power Rangers. Back when it was just a name on her palace, I was content with it just being a stock footage thing, since they NEVER brought it up as far as I remember. But, if they're going to reference it, I want background lore!

I'll admit, it's really more of a job for the Boom comics, but I want someone to explain what "Bandora" is.

It could be Rita's original name before she became evil (it's a thing in the comics). It could be the name of a old general of hers, like the original Drakkon was. It could be the name of the planet she stole the palace from, since it could be a place. Maybe the entire palace is actually a giant transforming monster NAMED Bandora that we just never got to see get used in the show.

If it's going to be a reference, let it be a reference that means something.

Last edited:

Top Bottom