Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So we've got the original six MMPRs (Green Ranger included), but there are now seven confirmed ranger actors: Billy, Zack, Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Kat, and Trini's daughter Minh. So, who's who?

The footage we see shows Zack as Black and Billy as Blue, Rocky's gotta be Red and Kat's gotta be Pink, so that leaves Adam, Aisha, and Minh. One of the latter two is obviously Yellow, but which of them?

And what of Adam? Could he... Crazy thought, but could he have inherited Tommy's role as the Green Ranger?

OR, since Adam and Aisha are dressed in Space Patrol Alpha uniforms, maybe they won't be MMPR rangers in this at all due to their working for SPA, leaving Minh to be Yellow while Green remains an ADR-only Tommy who never demorphs.

Then again, Tommy did have a son back in Super Ninja Steel's "Dimensions in Danger", who goes on to join SPD in the comics. But, J.J. was a still a kid back in Super Ninja Steel, so if it is him, they're either pulling a Justin and having him grow taller when morphed, or pulling an SPD Omega Ranger by having him time travel from the future.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I'm not digging the foam pecs and abs on those rangers. The suit designs are cool (except for that weird asymmetrical belt...angle...thing).

Good on them for giving us a full-time girl Red Ranger, skirt and all.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I do wonder what they'll end up calling Zayto, now. The "Morphin" Ranger? The "Spectral" Ranger? He's probably getting some sort of special name.

The sculpted abs are...a choice. And, this is going to sound really nitpicky, but something feels off with the "texture" of the fabric they're using. Maybe because I'm just used to shinier fabrics on the Rangers. I'll bet it breathes better than what they were using, but it doesn't look as nice.

And those shoulder pads look like they'd break with just a tap.

I'll reserve full judgement until I see it in motion with some effects, but...not the best first impression.

Ookalf

Citizen
So, Zayto is... "gray" now?
"Champagne", apparently, is the word they're going with.

wentwood

Citizen
With the 30th of Power Rangers I started my weekly run of Super Squadron with Zyu 01 The Birth.

Deka will be at my place in a few weeks so I have 13 years of non stop weekly episodes which I hope Shout will bring over Magi - Go On to finish the Jetix era during my weekly run.

AgentOrange

Citizen
Needed a new smart watch, so I figured I'd make something with some style
PXL_20230127_231532246.jpg

wentwood

Citizen
Well having checked to see who was renewing and who isn't I may switch in to catch Dino Fury and Cosmic Fury on Netflix soon.

Some new shows had started up on DVD and most had gotten renewed.

Land Girls and Sherlock had concluded their runs. Others had started and were picked up for 2nd series. Two got renewed for Series IV each.

Now that I have most of those DVDs in I can resume Power Rangers.

Netflix is 15 a month so I had wanted to hold to take into account who was renewing on DVD.

wentwood

Citizen
I've now seen every regular episode of Power Rangers. 100 % caught up.

Cosmic Fury may be paired up with Cobra Kai as they're on the last run.

If no other shows active possible long term hold for Netflix.

Nobody else is streaming anything at the moment. Caught up Star Wars on DVD for stream exclusive shows.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
BIG spoilers for the 30th Anniversary Special below. A...baffling character is making a appearance. Do NOT click on the spoilers if you want to go in blind.
So...yeah, a certain character is showing up which I don't think ANYONE could have predicted.

FrNbZZAWIAA6kcg

You can see the eyes in the background.

It's...Robo Rita.

Yeah. I...don't know what that means, either. Did the resurrected Lord Zedd...build himself a new wife, since his real one reformed? Is it a Machine Empire creation? This is a weird idea.

There's also rumors that Heckyl from Dino Charge will be showing up as the Dark Ranger.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm actually okay with this, as it seemingly ends up not undoing what was established years ago and thus requires no backpedaling retcons.

Top Bottom