Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

wentwood

Citizen
having seen Power Rangers up to Dino Fury part 1 (01 -22) I've been watching Zyu forward having caught up Power Rangers. I may resume Dino Fury in April on Netflix. I'm watching the shows adapted for Power Rangers currently. At some point I'll finish up to Ryu Soul. I saw Zyu - Mega Ranger (MMPR I - In Space) so far. Also Deka - Go Busters (Space Patrol Delta - Beast Morphers). Watching Kyo Ryu and Nin to finish up what was adapted for Dino Charge and Ninja Steel. Once I finish Galaxy Man - Aba from Shout Factory I will have seen all the shows adapted for Power Rangers. Ryu Soul (Dino Fury) also completed as well.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Power Rangers Source Series Watch

To comemerate the 30th in collaboration with Shout Factory I'll be watching Super Squadron starting with Zyu. I have pre ordered Deka. I so far have 13 series in house so this will allow to phase in Magi forward. I have already watched Zyu 01 The Birth this week. This is to celebrate 30 years of Power Rangers. Zyu is the basis for MMPR I.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Boom's March 2023 solicitations are out and...I just want to share a couple of neat covers.

One MIGHT be spoiling future plot points in the main MMPR comic.

Another kind of spoils a REALLY COOL surprise for the second TMNT crossover, so be warned.

STL260801.jpg

This could be a really interesting villain team up. Brainwashed Green Ranger Matt (I assume), the Death Ranger, and...whoever the third guy turns out to be, "The Vessel". I'm guessing a herald of Dark Specter, but I really don't know, yet.

And again, spoilers for TMNT/MMPR 2 below:
STL260806.jpg

The Rangers are getting mutated! That's...a really obvious place to go in a sequel...but SO COOL!

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’d seen the cover for the TMNT Crossover. It was showing up online all over a few days ago. Can’t wait to see that pan out.

The stuff in the main book continues to make waves. After the last few issues two of the three aren’t a huge surprise but
seeing the Death Ranger back again so soon has me a bit down. Seems like Boomis rallying the comic original villains a bit after the reveal of the end of the latest issue with the return of Evil Alpha

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
seeing the Death Ranger back again so soon has me a bit down. Seems like Boomis rallying the comic original villains a bit after the reveal of the end of the latest issue with the return of Evil Alpha
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Boom is planning to have a entire evil-Ranger team for their next event. We have "The Veseel", Green Ranger Matt, Death Ranger...Alpha-1, and Drakkon's still out there. We probably need at least one more guy for a proper evil Ranger team, but we're already pretty close.

I wouldn't mind seeing ORIGINAL Drakkon be a part of this. The one Tommy took his name from. I'm pretty sure everyone's forgotten about him. That little nugget of continuity still vexes me.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Premise isn't grabbing me, need a harder sell on what the video is about than that.

Like... why would he be? Why him, specifically?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The premise of a "ancient" Ranger getting to see what his legacy has spawned WOULD open up some story possibilities in Megaforce.

That's not what the video's about at all, but it can be interesting from a certain angle.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
In my case I had caught up the US Power Rangers line up to Dino Fury Part 1 so the episodes for me have almost run out and I only have the 22 active episodes for Dino Fury Part 2 (23 - 44).

I've switched over to watching Zyu - Ryu Soul for this reason mainly. Five Man forward will be Shout Factory DVD. I'm watching what was adapted for Power Rangers at present. It's not about like or dislike but used up Power Rangers due to Shout Factory , Lionsgate and Netflix. Between Shout and Lionsgate on DVD and Netflix for Beast Morphers I've watched all of them and half of Dino Fury.

wentwood

Citizen
I'm watching the 3 Power Rangers movies on the big screen on DVD and had recently finished MMPR The Movie.

After I finish Saban's Power Rangers then Netflix will relaunch Power Rangers after Cosmic Fury.

I'm not sure what form this new restart will take just yet.

It'll be at least 2024 before we know any thing solid on it.

wentwood

Citizen
Well in a few cases the translations have come direct from the Shout Factory DVDs actually.

On another note I'm watching one of
the Pre Zyu shows before Deka ships in.

wentwood

Citizen
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel are moving to You Tube.

Not on Amazon Prime or Netflix.

I wonder if this is part of a long term plan Hasbro has in mind.

Top Bottom