Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
This must have happened at least a few times.

51541141185_6a312ea5b4_o.jpg

Alpha Omicron

Citizen
Mail call brought me Jinbao Megatron today. He's a 5 inch KO of MP-36. I thought he would scale well with WFC, but not really. Had to put him on a riser. Even with a lift, he still looks like he got shot with Perceptor's shrink ray. I thought 5 inches would be kool, because some of my other WFC figures are around that height. But, it's not just about the height. It's the fact that he just looks smaller all around. He scales well with the likes of Magic Square Deadly Perceptor. Why is it the only 2 Megatron's (that I know of) that both look cartoon accurate and transform into a gun have to be the wrong size? MP-36 is too big (10 inches), and Jinbao is too small. I can't win. You'd think that at least one of the Third Party companies would have enough sense to make a cartoon accurate Megs with his original alt. mode in the same scale as WFC/Kingdom/SS86. P.S.~ I added the blast effects for fun :)

PA010010.JPG
PA010006.JPG
:)

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Don't mind the purple but I do mind that it's way too opaque to lightpipe or to be convincing insect wings. Overall, a lateral move from the T30 toy, with general scale and slightly better articulation for Kingdom vs T30's more secure connections in both modes
kuWPiqQh.jpg

jqw3GjEh.jpg

Last edited:

Suspsy

Citizen
SS86 Slag rocks! I'm really impressed by how he and Grimlock transform from one cartoon-accurate mode to the other. Way better weapon storage in Triceratops mode too. Just a pity that his mouth can't house any really big flame pieces.

Bring on Sludge, Snarl, and Swoop!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Alpha Omicron

Citizen
So, I decided that my Jinbao Megatron looks best displayed in my collection in gun mode. I picked up a RED Megatron to stand in until some 3rd party company decides to actually make a G1 accurate Megatron that transforms into a gun and is the same scale as WFC. At least the RED figure looks decent.
PA030002.JPG
PA030003.JPG

Dake

Citizen
I know this Road Ranger is based on the E-Hobby RR, but was there ever a reason given that he wasn't in the original Road Ranger's colors? This one does look good, but as one of those kids who subbed in the original as Prime once I lost mine, I'd dig the red and blue scheme.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I know this Road Ranger is based on the E-Hobby RR, but was there ever a reason given that he wasn't in the original Road Ranger's colors? This one does look good, but as one of those kids who subbed in the original as Prime once I lost mine, I'd dig the red and blue scheme.
Pretty sure the whole point of it was to do an update of the e-HOBBY Minibot redeco, like how Bug Bite keeps getting toys in white instead of yellow. The e-HOBBY ones may represent the GoBots characters, but it represents them in Transformer bodies, making them Transformers product.

Hasbro's always been hesitant/reluctant to make Transformers toys of GoBots that are directly based on the vintage GoBots designs and colorations since those were originally made by Takara's rival Bandai.

It's why Joe Kyde had to convince Hasbro at the time that Movie Fracture's deco was based on a real-life F-1 racer when it was so obviously based on GoBots Crasher's deco. Hasbro let it slide that one time, but weren't comfortable about it.

Top Bottom