Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

Shadewing

Citizen
Thanks to Paladin, I now have another complete set of Dinobots:

IMG_20221020_180304797_HDR.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Trying to locate one for a decent Price; but having the core 5 is really my big care.

I've been seeing Volcanicus again at Targets recently with their recent restocks; YMMV, but if you're looking for one and can get to a Target, you might find one there.

Shadewing

Citizen
I gotta get these.

They are mostly, really good. Slug is surprisingly complex, like even puts a lot of WFC/Legacy guys to shame. The worst, unfortunately is Swoop, who only has the 'roll and combine' toy, and mine tends to want to pop into torso mode a bit too easily at times. Grimlock's legs suck, but can be fixed. Sludge is probably the best of the Ultra/Energon Armor figures I've come across. And Snarl is probably the most 'mid' of them; but he's still rather nice with a gimmick that doesn't hamper him in the least. If there was a proper Deluxe or Warrior class Swoop, I'd honestly consider them one of the best Dinobot teams.

While needing Volcanicus, I'm also Trying to decide if I also want to hunt down the big grimlock toy with the tail blades, since he's supposedly both a really good toy and very show accurate.

Shadewing

Citizen
So I previously mentioned getting upgrades for SG Megatron, and they arrived today:

IMG_20221021_192522799_HDR.jpg

Extensions to make his wings more prominent in Robot mode, Sheild can also attach to them in back.
Shoulder cannons that can pivot up and down. I kinda think they are a bit too long.
A new 'tiara' that makes his head look more like the Botocon version.
Rumbler for his cannon.

And TWO swords.

IMG_20221021_192006770_HDR.jpg

One came with the set with Rumbler and is meant to be plugged into it, and the other came with the wing extensions to be used as a regular sword.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got that upgrade, thou I am only using part of it, as the cannons are rather floppy and refuse to stay in place, but I found another upgrade that gives me superior cannons

This is the other kit I put to my SG Megatron, with that one:

Meanwhile, at the Omega base, its Track day:

Here some closer shots of what going on:

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, I had considered getting them. But went with this set since the transparency is closer to the original version. I used some nail polish on the cannons to fix their floppiness. Maybe I might get that set sometime down the line to see if I like it better; but Overall, I am happy becuase I feel like Megatron most needs to look different from his normal counterpart. It doesn't bother me as much with Starscream. Maybe its due to the fact that Starscream using the Siege mold is already kinda close to the original Botcon one; but Botcon SG Megs using E Megs as a basis means he doesn't look like Megatron typically does. It makes it feel like he really did choose a different path by being good.

Haywire

Citizen
20221022_111437.jpg

20221022_111443.jpg

New shelf layout at work. I had to rearrange my office to make room for a big switch cabinet, so I have a different, wider shelf now. Any suggestions for (mostly) automotive-adjacent Transformers (that aren't wildly expensive) like the Alternators that would add to the display?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 10125
View attachment 10126

New shelf layout at work. I had to rearrange my office to make room for a big switch cabinet, so I have a different, wider shelf now. Any suggestions for (mostly) automotive-adjacent Transformers (that aren't wildly expensive) like the Alternators that would add to the display?

You got a little Valvoline guy! Nice.

If you're going for a "vehicle maintenance" type theme, maybe Hoist or another tow truck? Ooh, 2007 Movie Longarm would be a great choice.

Last edited:

Haywire

Citizen
You got a little Valvoline guy! Nice.

If you're going for a "vehicle maintenance" type theme, maybe Hoist or another tow truck? Ooh, 2007 Movie Longarm would be a great choice.

I've actually got 2 Valvotrons; one for work and one for home. I had to buy the oil anyway, so it made sense to get the limit.

Longarm is a great choice! I work in auto parts, so, yeah, vehicle maintenance or repair is kind of what I was going for.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They are mostly, really good. Slug is surprisingly complex, like even puts a lot of WFC/Legacy guys to shame. The worst, unfortunately is Swoop, who only has the 'roll and combine' toy, and mine tends to want to pop into torso mode a bit too easily at times. Grimlock's legs suck, but can be fixed. Sludge is probably the best of the Ultra/Energon Armor figures I've come across. And Snarl is probably the most 'mid' of them; but he's still rather nice with a gimmick that doesn't hamper him in the least. If there was a proper Deluxe or Warrior class Swoop, I'd honestly consider them one of the best Dinobot teams.

While needing Volcanicus, I'm also Trying to decide if I also want to hunt down the big grimlock toy with the tail blades, since he's supposedly both a really good toy and very show accurate.
I figured as much. I'm not much for the Grimlock, but Snarl, Slug, and Sludge look really well done. Shame they stopped with Cyberverse here when they clearanced the hell out of the Deluxes in early 2021. Getting these three will be a bit of work.

Shadewing

Citizen
If you care about scale, Deluxe Grimlock is likely the best for this set. The only thing I don't like about him, that I can't easily fix, is that I wish he actually had a weapon; but the legs can be fixed either by shaving the thigh joints or using polish to thicken the ball joints; and I can always add the paint apps to his robot mode legs. The Ultra Grimlock might be nice if you want something slightly bigger, but is a complete brick, and the Ultimate Grimlock is around Leader Class size and way too big compared to any of the other dinobots. (But still a really good toy).

Aftermarket prices from theses guys aren't too bad, they're still relatively around retail-ish prices; but I got lucky with Paladin offering me Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, and Slug for $50, and found Swoop on Bestbuy.com for $18.

Top Bottom