Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Not sure why, but to me, it looks like the Generations Comsos is, how, should I put this, going a leak upon the stairs, in human terms, he should of been going to the rest room/bathroom/loo!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man, 2014. A year I never really figured I'd really be nostalgic for, but after the last couple years...

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
aRgO5Ljh.jpg

I just noticed the chest panel. Thought the thing inside was just sculpted detail.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
aRgO5Ljh.jpg

I just noticed the chest panel. Thought the thing inside was just sculpted detail.

Not sure how it compares to Earthrise, but it'd be nice to get some "upgrade kit" parts that let you swap out the hip and thigh fronts parts (which are removable via unscrewing, iirc) for more Scourge-y ones. But that paint job nicely picks out the details that make the hip plate look different enough. It is pretty neat that they changed some more stuff than I'd thought (the center of the pelvis, for one thing).

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The feet, thighs, kneeflaps and waist except for the central crotch area are all reused from Earthrise. The shins themselves are newly sculpted parts but shaped exactly like the Earthrise ones. New thighs would be okay but the only things I'd really want from an upgrade kit is new hands and some way to make the base mode more substantial but also fits inside the trailer. The only 3P kit on the market offers better hands but also crappy non-colormatched filler parts and a gigantic load of nonsense to ape the old 3P RTS Optimus trailer.

Shadewing

Citizen
I know of three upgrade sets:

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The DNA one does include new hands, but might be the set your talking about:

s-l1600.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
My Legacy Op has been upgraded, well, his trailer has been, but the repaint as Scourge on mine got a upgrade that replaces the knee caps adds onto the lower arms and gives him a roof panel with a engine block attached, still waiting for another kit to come that upgrade his trailer similar to how I upgraded OP's, thou on both figures, I gotten panels to cover up the back of the legs mostly

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Yeah, out of those, only the DNA kit actually fixes any actual issues with the toy, though all the extraneous crap I’d end up paying for is not appealing. The stock hands look terrible, being basically C-shaped plastic bits. The first kit’s just fluff and while I like the kneepads on the second one, the truck mode wasn’t bad out of the box anyway. Can’t expect much. by the nature of 3D printed parts, they really can’t do anything too crazy but I dunno, I’ve got a box full of accessories and don’t care about hollow bits.

The terrible shoulder pads and arms in general are the biggest issue with this but short of a most of an entirely new figure, that’s not going to change. This “floating” shoulder design is always going to be awful but at least Blitzwing’s shoulders were smaller.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The DNA kit intrigues me. I hadn't mentioned hands etc specifically because I had already seen them in another kit (that one), but I agree those are useful upgrades. As upgrade bits go I like that DNA's manages to be useful in emulating the old RTS 3P trailer, but more importantly in filling out the base mode. I just hope it all stores in the trailer, because that's historically been the turnoff for me with DNA kit stuff, typically no care put into integrating things.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The simplest solution would be for Takara to just rerelease the 2006 reissue they did of the original toy, but with all of the original tooling restored like what was done for the Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" release.

The 2006 reissue's special edition deco + the original pre-RiD'01 Scourge tooling would be the ultimate version of the original Laser Optimus Prime/Battle Convoy mold ever.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I had a knockoff of the Battle Tanker kit that I bought with the intention to make Laser Magnus. It used a 5 mm peg for the hitch ao it might work as thetrailer/base. Just gotta dig it up.

Top Bottom