Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mail call brought some more E.L. wire for my display. It was supposed to be a 32' purple strand, but it looks more like white. Oh well. At least I was able to add some lighting to all the shelves. I put all the blue E.L. wire on the Pit of Judgement display to try to simulate the look of water. It looks much better with all the lights off. But, because my camera isn't the greatest, then all you can see is the E.L. wire and the LED light. And, the flash drowns out the lighting effects. So, I left the ceiling light on so you can actually see something.
View attachment 645View attachment 646
That is so awesome! Is that Ark interior Background the same one that BBTS sells? I have been thinking about getting one.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Chalk it up as battle damage. Don't stow it there if you don't want further damage.
Well, the latter part is obvious.

And I considered the battle damage thing, but looking back at the comic, it seems so glowing and pristine there, I'd like to try to fix it if I can.

I was thinking of looking into one of those model paint pens, but I've never used one before, and I don't know if there's anything to getting the right shade or not.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, fun little thing... as I was trying to stow the Sword of Primus in Rodimus' trailer (in the drawer as per the video earlier in the thread and the trailer wall while the turret is inside), it developed some... marks?

View attachment 647View attachment 648
The little circular dot-like bits there.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there anything I can do?
Silver paint to cover the dots

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
20210825_214319.jpg

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Well, the latter part is obvious.

And I considered the battle damage thing, but looking back at the comic, it seems so glowing and pristine there, I'd like to try to fix it if I can.

I was thinking of looking into one of those model paint pens, but I've never used one before, and I don't know if there's anything to getting the right shade or not.
It’ll probably be easier to go over the entirety of the blade with whatever paint you end up using. Even assuming that the silver matches 100%, covering just the discolored spots would probably leave a conspicuous difference in the texture.

Was the sword in contact with the gummy blast effects? The marks don’t look like friction rub or paint chip and the blast effects dont exactly have a good history of playing well with the toys they come with

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It’ll probably be easier to go over the entirety of the blade with whatever paint you end up using. Even assuming that the silver matches 100%, covering just the discolored spots would probably leave a conspicuous difference in the texture.

Was the sword in contact with the gummy blast effects? The marks don’t look like friction rub or paint chip and the blast effects dont exactly have a good history of playing well with the toys they come with
It was, in fact, when I was storing it in the drawer. Didn't know that would happen, though.

Thinking I might just store the effects parts in the box. They seem to be too much trouble, unfortunately.
What worked well? Silver paint, or having it against effects parts?

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It was, in fact, when I was storing it in the drawer. Didn't know that would happen, though.

Thinking I might just store the effects parts in the box. They seem to be too much trouble, unfortunately.

What worked well? Silver paint, or having it against effects parts?
Yeah, the soft effect parts leech plasticizer that can melt plastic and paint if left on for too long.
I would suggest the paint as well. Never had muchsuccess with paint markers on large flat surfaces

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hm, interesting. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there for long at all before that took effect, just while I was experimenting.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Better than him being invisible. He is a bitch to photograph in my light box set up
I usually take a pic which shows the figure as bright as possible (without losing any details) and then using a photo editing app to brighten up the background.

In the quick and dirty example below (photo not taken by me), I've brightened the background on the left half of the image.

PicsArt_1632135508886.png

Also, you could use some of the included background colours with your lightbox, such grey (or if you didn't get any, by using a piece of grey fabric or paper).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
So, fun little thing... as I was trying to stow the Sword of Primus in Rodimus' trailer (in the drawer as per the video earlier in the thread and the trailer wall while the turret is inside), it developed some... marks?

View attachment 647View attachment 648
The little circular dot-like bits there.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there anything I can do?
You could try using some silver model paint to cover over the blemishes?

I used a to similar paint to add silver wheels to my Rodimus.
Rodimus Prime.png

Also, sorry about Hasblo's awful support. Takara after usually much better for replacement parts (providing the toy was recently released), but they can only help people in Japan...

Top Bottom