Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
49160163486_a6ff332e82_o.jpg
Ugh....you just made me want to order a 3rd party Thomas transformer that went up for pre-order last week.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
20220422_114125.jpg

Buzzworthy Kup arrived earlier this week. I had pretty firmly decided against the original SS release, but seeing this one in the new colours easily changed my mind. I've grown on the face sculpt, too. I think I can relate to the "tired and sad" look that it conveys. :ROFLMAO:

Still getting a feel for the transformation - the first couple of times went pretty roughly, but getting there (the tabs on the legs that go into the fenders seem to be more difficult than it should be)

20220422_131133.jpg

I was pretty surprised how small the alt-mode is in hand. But, then again, TR Kup's wasn't super big, either. Definitely looks the part, though.

Was also going to mention how I try not to think about paying $60 for a deluxe (since the wave hasn't hit Canada yet), but at TRU's prices and shipping here to the sticks, it probably balances out.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
This is what I'm talking about.

Yeah, no. They can paint it blue and red and stick a face on it all they want. That ain't Thomas.

Thomas is an LB&SCR E2 class 0-6-0T tank engine. He has six small wheels, a short stumpy funnel, a short stumpy boiler, and a short stumpy dome. He hates wearing his snow plough, but when forced to wear it, it is blue, not red.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
So, I found a slightly better solution for G2 Megatron, as unpegging one of the treads gives a slightly more 'fixed' connection point then the shoulder. But the connection isn't the best due to the shape of the back peice and the grebles on the treads. Also not overly fond of the 'gap' it leaves on the back, and leaving both treads open just makes him look too wide. But it's still a slight improvement; but likely might buy an adaptor I found on Shapeways. Still not a bad solution.

IMG_20220422_215458287_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220422_215515977_HDR.jpg

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
What I find fun about Diaclone is that there is no wrong way your only limited by your imagination and creativity.
The instructions serve as a springboard for other builds.
One of the few toy lines not to say no you cant do that in a nice mecha package.
Not since the days of like BM Scavenger have I seen this kinda flexibility

100_4528.JPG100_4530.JPG
100_4531.JPG100_4532.JPG

Shadewing

Citizen
Maybe Cobra? I mean, that combined head...

Overall, these are very great.

Looking at the head again... I now see it screaming or /extremely/ happy. The two little circles as eyes, the bump between them as a nose, and the gray 'visor' the mouth...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Which faction are they going to belong to, Autobot or Decepticon?
Maybe Cobra? I mean, that combined head...

Overall, these are very great.
I decided on Decepticon. I figured between Omega Supreme and Skylynx, the Autobots already had a pretty good representation of big space themed characters that needed someone other than Astrotrain to do battle with.

Link to where I might be able to get it?

You can get it from fellow board member Sirtoys website here. Be patient with shipping, it comes quite literally on a slow boat from China.

Looking at the head again... I now see it screaming or /extremely/ happy. The two little circles as eyes, the bump between them as a nose, and the gray 'visor' the mouth...

I saw that, too when I was getting the picture ready to post! Now I'm having a hard time NOT seeing it!

It's definitely a very fun set. Good quality plastic and construction. Nice ratcheting joints. Articulation is slightly less than a modern Transformer, but still good. If you have Titan Devastator, it's a similar number of joints per figure.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
So kinda been pondering names for these guys; what I came up with so far, mostly repurposing non-G1 names:

Astrocons:

Lunar Rover - Payload (?)
Satellite - Astroscope
Space Shuttle - Starburst
Satellite Dish - Sonar
Booster Rocket - Jump Drive

Combined name: Constellation? I'm sure there is a good name to be made outta it, but it seems fitting that a space themed combiner would have a name based on Constellation, or a constellation, since its a group of stars that make up a single "image"

Top Bottom