Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A lot more yellow than the promo pics. Probably works for impactor but I kinda liked the bronze on Spindle.

Yeah, I'm wondering if they gang-molded the new parts of Spindle with the new parts of Impactor, hence the matching color schemes?

I would love to have a version of Spindle in a more natural bone/fossil type color, but I don't know how likely that is. I'm pretty sure we're lucky to be getting these last couple of Fossilizers at all.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I got a couple of Spiny boys
100_4577.JPG

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Override continues to look great in robot mode and just annoying in altmode -- seriously, just something to give the area around her head some cohesiveness in altmode would have been most welcome. The rear of the car being somewhat small (because the boots are so big) is also an odd look, but it might just be the angle.

On the subject of this series...

These have surprisingly hit locally in one fell swoop, but at wild prices that have forced me to slow down and rethink purchases even more. The first wave of Legacy had already introduced these price changes, but I wanted more from this series. Not surprisingly, Cosmos is the hot potato.

There's also this one, but since everyone and their dog has a Sideswipe (and even a Red Alert, who the local distributor was able to bring over) by now it may be a teensy bit less of a draw.
8AHg33r.jpg

Of course I remain fond of the custom I made (thought retiring it would be as easy as the ones before, but... it looks good here), but then I was able to make paint and budget decisions Hasbro likely didn't (and I didn't really care as much about making this distinct from Red Alert). The change to that light gray for the red bits on RA does result in a pronounced visual difference, but one that renders Clampdown somewhat bland.
PTCFS2m.jpg
YcaI1fm.jpg

I am still tempted to get a second Red Alert and do some parts swapping, but the fact that the elbows and knees are rivets makes that a difficult proposition. Tried using a soldering iron on Siege RA's for the Clampdown custom, but they wouldn't budge. This may mean I have to move the entire arms and legs over between molds, which will cause some incongruity in altmode (as well as losing Clampdown's badges).

Robot mode would benefit, though (especially once I swap the shin panels).
CELiwDM.jpg

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
There's also this one, but since everyone and their dog has a Sideswipe (and even a Red Alert, who the local distributor was able to bring over) by now it may be a teensy bit less of a draw.

Of course I remain fond of the custom I made (thought retiring it would be as easy as the ones before, but... it looks good here), but then I was able to make paint and budget decisions Hasbro likely didn't (and I didn't really care as much about making this distinct from Red Alert). The change to that light gray for the red bits on RA does result in a pronounced visual difference, but one that renders Clampdown somewhat bland.
I think that's what kept me from tossing a pre-order in for Clampdown. Between the Siege and ER versions of both Sideswipe and Red Alert, there isn't any magic in the base mold anymore for me. Clampdown also being Red Alert minus, well, the red just didn't help either.

Kinda tangential, but I wish I had got either of Spinout or Cordon (moreso Spinout), as the Sunstreaker mold was much more interesting to transform, and handle, overall.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Override continues to look great in robot mode and just annoying in altmode -- seriously, just something to give the area around her head some cohesiveness in altmode would have been most welcome. The rear of the car being somewhat small (because the boots are so big) is also an odd look, but it might just be the angle.

On the subject of this series...

These have surprisingly hit locally in one fell swoop, but at wild prices that have forced me to slow down and rethink purchases even more. The first wave of Legacy had already introduced these price changes, but I wanted more from this series. Not surprisingly, Cosmos is the hot potato.

8AHg33r.jpg

PTCFS2m.jpg
YcaI1fm.jpg

I am still tempted to get a second Red Alert and do some parts swapping, but the fact that the elbows and knees are rivets makes that a difficult proposition. Tried using a soldering iron on Siege RA's for the Clampdown custom, but they wouldn't budge. This may mean I have to move the entire arms and legs over between molds, which will cause some incongruity in altmode (as well as losing Clampdown's badges).

Robot mode would benefit, though (especially once I swap the shin panels).
CELiwDM.jpg
I need him to complete this group
tqWfoAW.jpg

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
You would have ended up with both since Spin-Out and Cordon came together in a 2-pack.
Well, yes, I know. That was one of the reasons I didn't jump on it - especially before getting Sunstreaker proper.

I also didn't realize how fast that set would sell, too. :confused:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah that's one thing I realized when I picked up my custom for the photos. The stockiness, the proportions -- it's a shrunken down MP that has the vibe of Don Figueroa art. The "Cybertronian" aesthetic of Siege may have been a thin masking over eventual Earth mode molds, but this mold was a solid introduction to what the next Trilogy would be about.

Gizmoboy's photo reminds me I need to dig out my Deep Cover so I can do another Barley and Jimes picture.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Yes, but if you have to milk a mold, it's a really, really good one to milk.

That is true, the Earthrise OP & Siege Megs have been well milked, Megatron had five repaints, Op had four, so far, thou the legs of ER Op come from Siege and that getting very well milked, as they are on the legacy Laser Optimus mold, so clearly Hasbro & Takara found a parts sharing means to help reduce costs on the Optimus prime figures

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
These have surprisingly hit locally in one fell swoop, but at wild prices that have forced me to slow down and rethink purchases even more. The first wave of Legacy had already introduced these price changes, but I wanted more from this series.
...Welp, now I'm dreading what I'm going to see when I check the local toy stores out tomorrow. o_o;;;

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Jlq7fYI.jpg

"There isn't a tighter shirt."
"We checked."

If I could have a set of the 'Lambros,' those would be the two I'd go after. They just look seriously cool.

Looking at the IDW-influenced Blurr, too - part of me wants to pick that one up and start swapping parts around with the Studio Series one I already have, because I like the new head better - but the colors don't really match, do they?

Top Bottom