Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

lightsyder

Citizen
I don't buy much third party stuff other than the occasional interesting KO that I run across, but with the Amazon Wreckers items coming out I got to thinking again about whether or not we'll ever get a comics-style Rack'n'Ruin. I found this kit on ebay that uses two green Legends Warpaths as a base and adds the required 3D printed parts to make everyone's favorite conjoined bots.

52104332970_69d23e33fc_h.jpg
I've been debating buying a set. How is it? A recommended buy?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've been debating buying a set. How is it? A recommended buy?

I would recommend it. The two KO Warpaths are good quality with solid molding and joints that work well. They do have that slightly brittle feeling that most KOs do, but not bad. The kit parts themselves are good, seem to be 3D printed but with a good quality printer so they're not rough or too overly textured. Everything assembled easily and is super solid with good color matching. In the end, the final figure is pretty much exactly what I would want from an official Rack'n'Ruin.

Dake

Citizen
Got the Megatron helmet and I'm not quite as impressed by it. Despite being bigger than Optimus, it won't actually fit my head unless I really wedge it on and jam my nose flat. There's a rubber pad that's supposed to rest against the bridge of your nose which I could probably yank out and get a tiny bit more space, but it wouldn't be comfortable to wear for any amount of time. So I guess it'll be for display.

LE71v5E.jpg

Also, I'm not sure why they gave him the extra angle on his "cheekbones" compared to the animation.

g1megatron2_1271540432.jpg

It doesn't come across quite as much in pictures, but irl it's like he has bags under his eyes. Maybe I'll at least paint the black parts.

Edit: Did his eyebrows and forehead (though opted not to do the full uni-brow).

fEsJ2pJ.jpg

Last edited:

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
He does stick out a bit, but it's more the aesthetic than the height to me. Like someone said in the Super7 thread, I can work with the size being a side effect of being an Action Master.

lightsyder

Citizen
He does stick out a bit, but it's more the aesthetic than the height to me. Like someone said in the Super7 thread, I can work with the size being a side effect of being an Action Master.
Fair enough. I have no reason to like this character as much as I do but I do so I may end up getting him anyway. I do have a soft spot for Action Masters...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I dunno, that looks rather dangerous. Pretty sure they're gonna be more bulk then head left once that hammer hits.

You know, until you said that, it hadn't even occurred to me that I had used a missile for the chisel. I was just looking for something the right size/shape. It is very in-character for Bulkhead. though!

Top Bottom