Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Did you paint the space around your Earthrise OP's eyes silver?
No, that's Siege Prime's head on Earthrise Prime's body! The paint began to chip on my ER Prime's head (it's red plastic painted blue) so I just swapped it out for the Siege head. It's the same mould anyway.
And I liked the silver around the eyes. Helped his optics pop.
Plus the Siege head is moulded in blue plastic so there won't be any blue chipping off.

Also: man, you guys' pics are making Legacy OP grow on me bit by bit... but those immovable shoulder pylons are keeping me from pulling the trigger. =P
He's a very fun toy. I'm a sucker for the G2 Laser Prime toy, but both the RtS and TR offerings came up short. This guy though...this guy's a great reimagining of the design.
And he's very cleverly engineered.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Also: man, you guys' pics are making Legacy OP grow on me bit by bit... but those immovable shoulder pylons are keeping me from pulling the trigger. =P
When I got him I expected great things and was initially very Disapoint(TM). But he’s growing on me every day tbh. No, he can’t raise his arms/way up over his head “SWORD OF FEEEYUUUREEE!!!! Hack-Slash of Decapitation Death-type” style, but the shoulder pylons are designed move and tilt easily out of the way for some more potentially dynamic posing. On the one hand, they tilt into his head space, so that’s annoying. On the other hand, the way they tilt is reminiscent of how ancient exaggerated shoulder armor is supposed to realistically move, which is awesome, so I am conflicted lol. I also think the way Scourge was animated in RiD2000(2001?) was that his shoulders were unmovable anyway and his arms just shmeshed into his shoulders when he moved them about? (Even though on the original toy the shoulders pylons moved with the arms.) [I weigh Legacy Prime on his merits as if he’s Scourge cus, c’mon, that’s the version we all ACTUALLY want, obvy.😆]

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I also think the way Scourge was animated in RiD2000(2001?) was that his shoulders were unmovable anyway and his arms just shmeshed into his shoulders when he moved them about?
The pylons moved in the show like they did on the original toy:

Commandos_Scourge_Sword_of_Fury.jpg

KojiGetsHisWish_Scourge_attacks_Prime.jpg

Commandos_Scourge.jpg

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
The perfect CHUG Megatron doesn't exist, but I think I've gotten as close as I'm going to get.
I love the Siege version, but the battle damage wasn't doing it for me. The Earthrise version had too much wrong with it. So between the two, and with some help from rubbing alcohol and reprolabels, I Frankenstein'd my own.

The base is the Siege figure, as I think it's a better core toy. I also love the homage to G1 Megatron's sword, and the ER version's sad attempt at doing the same just didn't do it for me.

The battle damage on the head actually came off pretty easily with my finger nails. Finger nails and rubbing alcohol weren't helping on the arms though, so that's where ER came in. ER Megs' arms were given to Siege Megs, clean deco and all. There was so much shared tooling that changing them works seamlessly. The only thing is that the ER shoulders don't have the flip down bits on his shoulders, leaving his suspiciously P-38 shoulder details without the bulk to fill out the space in tank mode. But it's honestly a very negligible subtraction.

Rubbing alcohol got the battle damage off of his legs/treads pretty easily though, and reprolabels gave him a bit of G1 toy Megs detailing I'm a sucker for.

IcczJYy.png

OqsxaF0.png

2FCHtbF.png

0Si2LVG.png

This is as good as I'm going to get for a CHUG Megs short of a clean, toy-centric deco homage on the Siege mould, I think.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Another battle master. Thinking of "Longshot" for the name.

52006663149_767eefb741_b.jpg

52006469103_86f22853ce_b.jpg

52006411851_4d4af56b05_b.jpg

52006929040_39a8e29264_b.jpg

Trying to decide if I want to drill a hole in the head and in the tail to string a piece of wire through for the string of the crossbow mode. I might make a couple other small changes to make the arrow sit more securely as well. Right now it has a bit of a pocket it sits in, but it doesn't take much to make it fall out.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Switched some parts with a donor Cheetor (whose head went to Shadow Panther). The gray is still off (should be a little bluish, based on the original) but it's closer than it was overall so, not bad.
AEJZlID.jpg
Rpf0XSv.jpg

This I'm a bit happier with: just some minor tweaks here and there to correct the window color and hood chest, and to pick out some parts and break up the red in various areas. Restoring the red border on the chest and detailing the shins really does good things for the proportions, I feel. The chest and boots almost seem wider and more substantial.

Note: I don't recommend taking the wheels off. On my copy at least, the mushroom caps were a bit too wide and the plastic too brittle, resulting in one of the cap halves stressmarking and then breaking off (it's on the other side rear wheel, which is now held on by poster tack).
thw3nlu.jpg
OQhfWK0.jpg

Last edited:

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
No, that's Siege Prime's head on Earthrise Prime's body! The paint began to chip on my ER Prime's head (it's red plastic painted blue) so I just swapped it out for the Siege head. It's the same mould anyway.
And I liked the silver around the eyes. Helped his optics pop.
Plus the Siege head is moulded in blue plastic so there won't be any blue chipping off.
How'd you swap the heads? Did you just pop them off, or did you have to split them down their seamlines to get them off the neck balljoint? I don't have the Siege version, so I was hoping that if it was relatively easy to disassemble the head, I might be able to get in there to paint the area around the optics silver (and also paint the optics yellow; I much prefer the toy-style yellow).

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
Switched some parts with a donor Cheetor (whose head went to Shadow Panther). The gray is still off (should be a little bluish, based on the original) but it's closer than it was overall so, not bad.
AEJZlID.jpg
Rpf0XSv.jpg

This I'm a bit happier with: just some minor tweaks here and there to correct the window color and hood chest, and to pick out some parts and break up the red in various areas. Restoring the red border on the chest and detailing the shins really sore good things for the proportions, I feel.

Note: I don't recommend taking the wheels off. On my copy at least, the mushroom caps were a bit too wide and the plastic too brittle, resulting in one of the cap halves stressmarking and then breaking off (it's on the other side rear wheel, which is now held on by poster tack).
thw3nlu.jpg
OQhfWK0.jpg
Is that a Custom nightprowler or the new one with custom paint?

Top Bottom