Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I free-associated from this and now I'm going to have to go through G1 to figure out the greatest number of similarly-colored guys with similar altmodes who ever all appeared prominently in the same episode (not counting the Constructicons, I guess). Off the top of my head the highest I can think of is three red cars in Masquerade.
"The Search for Alpha Trion" had seven red Autobots with Optimus, Ironhide, Inferno, Powerglide, Firestar, Cliffjumper, and Perceptor. ;)

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Yeah, but there's some variety to the altmodes, and while Shadewing only mentioned colors I feel like it being significant that they're all cars was implied.

That said, Optimus, Ironhide, Inferno, and Firestar are all in various spots along the "truck" spectrum.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yes, largely I'm pointing out to how it feels like Movieverse cars are almost always silver, and also very similar looking cars. That's something I do feel G1 did better; even when there were the same colored guys, not everyone was a top of the line luxury sports car. And the movies start off strong on this as well, but it feels like as it goes on they just kinda default more and more to whatever expensive sports cars they can license as the franchise goes on. And also why I really liked ROTF toy only characters getting us a lot of unique and rare alt-modes.

Mirage, as one example, is part of the 'Autobot Cars' line, but I personally wouldn't put him with say Skids and Tracks, becuase he's an Indy Car. Which makes him stand out a lot more then a Blue sports car and blue coup. And still all three look significantly different from each other despite their shared colors. Its also why I wouldn't list Optimus, Ironhide, and Inferno as being 'too many red 'trucks'' because they are all vastly different looking, aside from being primarily red in color. There is still a level of variety in how they look.

And this isn't a dislike of movieverse toys or the movieverse itself; just this feeling that a lot of the alt modes really blend togeather due to type of car and color.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I do think it's mitigated somewhat by the fact that (as vaguely implied by where I free-associated to) we never have more than a couple at once.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
510C0D63-064E-415A-88D5-68FD7FCC7903.jpeg

Finally. A Definitive Megatron.🤩

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Is the color of the cars they use in the movies mandated by the manufacturers as part of the licensing agreements or something? Googling "common colors for sportscars" brings up 20% of sportscars are silver and 17% gray, at least as of 2017.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Is the color of the cars they use in the movies mandated by the manufacturers as part of the licensing agreements or something? Googling "common colors for sportscars" brings up 20% of sportscars are silver and 17% gray, at least as of 2017.
It's very possible. I vaguely remember hearing that licensor demands were the reason for some of the oddities with Alt/BT Tracks's history of decoes, and while Hasbro seems to have a bit more pull with the movies than they did then, they're still subject to odd demands like "Dino."

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just know that Hot Rod's make/model is in Forza Horizon 5, but nothing I do can give him the orange highlights of that version instead of other colors.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, fun story, I am the oldest of 8 kids, with a 20 year span between me and my youngest sibling (brother). I first started heavily collecting Transformers when RiD01 hit stores. Transformers were cars and trucks again, all was right with the world. (I like to think I've grown a bit in my thought processes since then). As Armada and beyond rolled out, I set about building a collection of all the TF characters I wanted as a kid but couldn't have. (I also set about restoring and expanding the collection of Gobots I did have, but that's a tale for another time.)
As each subsequent "better" (more geewun) version came out, I often gave away the older, "obsolete" figures to my younger brothers and sisters for birthday and Christmas gifts. They got fun toys to play with, and I 'saved' money on gifting. And, as the older kids grew out of toys, they passed theirs on to the younger ones. Eventually, my youngest brother had all the Transformers.
Fast forward to this year. Youngest Bro has been going to college for a year, and storing a lot of his stuff with my parents. So, one of the last times he was home for a visit, I asked him if I could buy some of his old Transformers. And he said I could just have all of them. Four big buckets of them.
20221004_211124.jpg

20221004_211134.jpg

20221004_211138.jpg

Basically, there is 20ish years worth of Transformers collected here, with a dash of vintage stuff thrown in. Granted, most are in various states of completeness, and many have been heavily played-with and even customized. But, a lot of it is stuff I don't have in my collection for reasons listed above, and much of it is things I regretted getting rid of. So, collection do-over! Among the highlights:

20221018_173137.jpg

The Armada Beasts! I have Cheetor somewhere (for a planned, but never started, custom), so only missing Airrazor. Quickstrike! STAMPY! Transmetal "Packrat"! A second Viper!

20221018_173636.jpg

The big Armada Prime (I have Jetfire and Overload, but didn't have a cab to go with them). Crocodile Dentist Knockout! Buzzsaw! Brushguard! Recolors of Smokescreen, Hoist, Demolishor, Snowcapped, and Downshift! A second Fracture! A vintage Nightbeat!

And those are just the ones I could set up in a few minutes. There's CW Computron, Grimstone and similar Powercore Combiners, a bunch of Scramble city limbs, just tons of cool stuff. It will be a while before I have it all sorted out, and obviously little Haywire is going to claim a few figures as well, but it is quite the haul.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, fun story, I am the oldest of 8 kids, with a 20 year span between me and my youngest sibling (brother). I first started heavily collecting Transformers when RiD01 hit stores. Transformers were cars and trucks again, all was right with the world. (I like to think I've grown a bit in my thought processes since then). As Armada and beyond rolled out, I set about building a collection of all the TF characters I wanted as a kid but couldn't have. (I also set about restoring and expanding the collection of Gobots I did have, but that's a tale for another time.)
As each subsequent "better" (more geewun) version came out, I often gave away the older, "obsolete" figures to my younger brothers and sisters for birthday and Christmas gifts. They got fun toys to play with, and I 'saved' money on gifting. And, as the older kids grew out of toys, they passed theirs on to the younger ones. Eventually, my youngest brother had all the Transformers.
Fast forward to this year. Youngest Bro has been going to college for a year, and storing a lot of his stuff with my parents. So, one of the last times he was home for a visit, I asked him if I could buy some of his old Transformers. And he said I could just have all of them. Four big buckets of them.
View attachment 10071
View attachment 10072
View attachment 10073

Basically, there is 20ish years worth of Transformers collected here, with a dash of vintage stuff thrown in. Granted, most are in various states of completeness, and many have been heavily played-with and even customized. But, a lot of it is stuff I don't have in my collection for reasons listed above, and much of it is things I regretted getting rid of. So, collection do-over! Among the highlights:

View attachment 10074
The Armada Beasts! I have Cheetor somewhere (for a planned, but never started, custom), so only missing Airrazor. Quickstrike! STAMPY! Transmetal "Packrat"! A second Viper!

View attachment 10075
The big Armada Prime (I have Jetfire and Overload, but didn't have a cab to go with them). Crocodile Dentist Knockout! Buzzsaw! Brushguard! Recolors of Smokescreen, Hoist, Demolishor, Snowcapped, and Downshift! A second Fracture! A vintage Nightbeat!

And those are just the ones I could set up in a few minutes. There's CW Computron, Grimstone and similar Powercore Combiners, a bunch of Scramble city limbs, just tons of cool stuff. It will be a while before I have it all sorted out, and obviously little Haywire is going to claim a few figures as well, but it is quite the haul.
And the big cherry on top of that haul: Tidmouth Sheds!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
View attachment 10071
View attachment 10072
View attachment 10073

View attachment 10074

View attachment 10075

Good haul, I guess you are having tons of fun sorting through those boxes!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, this works pretty well.
qktawXd.jpg

Think I'll hold on to the "comic universe" head, but not sure if I need both this and the Fan Vote pack body now. Certainly not after the toyhax sheets give this one some hzard stripe deco. (I'm holding off on ordering more stuff for the moment though, as it's been more than a month since my last order and no word.)

Top Bottom