Post formatting not working on mobile

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah, this is actually a problem I've had for a while while posting on mobile.

I'll admit that the thread title isn't 100% accurate, it's not that formatting isn't working on mobile itself - it's that I can't use it on mobile. Say if I want to italicize some text, I'll hit the italicize button and type whatever it is I wanna type and it will show up in italics but then as soon as I hit the italicize button again to turn off italics, it moves the cursor back to the start of the text that I had typed in italics and removes the formatting.

Here's a quick video I screenrecorded on my phone demonstrating the italics feature not working:

And it's not just italics, it's basically all types of formatting that I can't use (or if I can use them, basic functions don't work). Like when I add an image to a post, I'm supposed to be able to click the image and either drag the corners to resize it (so it's not **** off huge) or I can click a button to manually enter the dimensions I wanna use - I don't get that option. I can't do anything. Even if I long press on the image, it just selects it like I wanna move it.

This problem is happening on both of my mobile devices: on my phone (running Android 11) and my tablet (running Android 9, well Fire OS 7.something but it's based on Android). I use Chrome as my primary browser but I also tried Firefox on both devices and Amazon's own Silk browser on my tablet and the same problem happens on those browsers as well.

I also tried forcing the desktop site (well I did on Chrome and Firefox, I have no idea if you can do that on Silk) and that doesn't fix the issue on Chrome and, on Firefox, while it does fix the issue - it adds another problem where it massively zooms in the site making it everything too large with no way to make it smaller on my tablet (and on my phone, while I can zoom out - it just shrinks the entire page as a whole and makes everything unreadable).

And yes, I do know that I could just toggle BBcode and have it work that way, but then I'd have to manually type in all the various BBcodes because switching to that from the fancy pants editor also disables the buttons at the top that I can use to select what formatting I wanna use.

Edit: I also do use AdGuard on both devices as an adblocker, but disabling it doesn't make any difference and I've had this issue even before I installed it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Testing on my phone.

Testing.

Testing.

Testing.

Testing.

Testing.

I can replicate the italics issue. Tapping the italics button a second time does exactly what you show. Weird. But if I type normally and then highlight the word and then hit the italics button, it works. It's not fun to do it that way without a mouse but it does work.

Top Bottom