Police behaving badly

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
That one's not such a simple issue. I would not expect or demand that anyone not trained specifically in water rescue attempt to save a drowning person. However, the situation itself is still solidly the fault of the police for telling the people they were going to run their names before they did so. There is no situation in which that makes sense.

NovaSaber

Citizen
https://www.democracynow.org/2022/6...lice_were_alerted_to_childrens_calls_for_help

ABC News has obtained audio of an emergency dispatcher alerting Uvalde police about the 911 calls being made by children inside the school during the massacre.

911 dispatcher: “You do have a child on the line. Room 12. Are we able to — is anybody inside of the building? Child is advising he is in the room full of victims, full of victims at this moment.”

At an earlier news conference, it was implied police officers did not know about the 911 calls from the students.

Nevermore

Citizen
Aaaaaaand in a case of the police doing something right for a change, German police edition.

I just got a call from the police, I'm supposed to file a witness report tomorrow.

A few weeks ago, I went out for a stroll and witnessed a kid seemingly being pushed with his head against a window inside a residential building. This seemed suspicious to me, so after a few minutes of pondering, I decided to call the police. They took a few minutes to arrive, I explained the situation to them, they wrote down my contact information and then went my merry way.

Well, today I was called and informed that the family in question is now being supervised by child protective services, and I'm supposed to put my observations on the record.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Why does he need to do better? Precedent is in his favour. There will be no consequences.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Garland, do something useful. Just one thing.

At this point with how far in the hole he is resigning might be the only thing he can do to save face. Might have been a good Supreme Court Justice, not much of an Attorney General.

Top Bottom