Police behaving badly

Ironbite4

Citizen
Eh-hem....

Same news story right? Got a bit more into it though.

Police charged Cantu with evading detention with a vehicle and assault on a peace officer. It's not clear if he has obtained an attorney who can speak on his behalf. Police have not said if the car was, in fact, stolen.

Yeah they charged the kid. Why? I have no idea.

Ironbite-cops don't give a shit anymore.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Because they're still of the opinion that when it comes to "us versus them" statements in courts of law: the law will side with the police.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Gotta trump up some charges or the cop won't get that almighty qualified immunity. Also, from the local newspaper article...
Editor's Note: This story was edited to reflect that it's unclear from the body-cam video whether the driver put his car in reverse or it rolled backward because his foot left the brake pedal. The word "suspect" has also been removed and other details have been edited to more accurately reflect what can be seen in the video.

Last edited:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Wow. He needs to be more than fired, he needs to be charged with attempted manslaughter.

Let me answer a few questions that have popped up here.
If he's probationary, why does he have a gun? Why was he alone?
Probationary just means he's within a certain time frame, usually a year. It does not mean that he hasn't been trained, it just means you're still in that 'new' window. Even probationary officers carry weapons. At the end of the day, even new cops are cops and face danger. He'd already gone through the Academy, he'd been trained, he was just new.
Why was he alone? Chances are he's out of his FTO phase of training. He's new, but he's not untrained, he's not on FTO status. He's a full on cop, just a new one.

My question is how the hell did this jackass pass any of the psych tests?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Update:

I want to address something in this link here,
"On the body cam video released by San Antonio Police, Brennand opens the door to see a startled Cantu eating a hamburger in the parking lot. Brennand can be heard on the body cam footage asking Erik to get out of the car, but the teenager put the car into reverse and aggressively drove off with the door still open, hitting the officer with his car door in the process."

First off, that "officer" didn't ask anyone anything. He opened the door, waved his gun in a kid's face and demanded he get out. The kid put that car in reverse the second that door opened. There was no recognition that it was a cop, the kid was clearly startled. And aggressively drove off? Uh, no. He did not aggressively anything except start to bleed because that ******* rookie put a ton of holes into him.

This is the kind of asinine reporting that allows cops like that to get away with shit. I'd call that station and demand they fix their shit.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This is the kind of asinine reporting that allows cops like that to get away with shit. I'd call that station and demand they fix their shit.

That's basically what the "Last Week Tonight" video I posted above deals with.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
American police when Republican politicians break the law: "We understand that he may have violated a law, but we do not plan to take any action at this time".

American police when a poor person breaks the law: "GET ON THE GROUND RIGHT NOW!!!! DON'T MOVE!!! GET ON THE GROUND OR I WILL SHOOT YOU!!! I SAID DON'T MOVE!!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'I CAN'T GET ON THE GROUND WITHOUT MOVING'? ARE YOU SOME KIND OF SMART-ASS? GET ON THE GROUND!!! (BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG) Did you see that? He wouldn't stop moving. You saw that, right? He wouldn't stop moving. I warned him."

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
And now, a look at recent coverage of the British "Met" (Metropolitan) Police (of London) :

-

One female police officer/staff member was told that if she went to sleep (during a break on a night shift) and suffered sexual abuse, it was tantamount to giving "consent" to the male police officers accused of doing so...

For our American readers, a quick glossary:

- "sacked" - fired
- "Asian" - Indian, Pakistani, etc.

However, here's a case where the British police behaved WELL, by saving a Chinese protestor from being possibly abducted and beaten by allegedly Chinese embassy staff:

-

The British police might investigate this.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Internal police report finds the UK police to be sexist, racist and thuggish, which has been consistently ignored about by the senior members.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

Also, an American police chief lied about bail, just to keep more untried (black/poor people?) In jail, bless his little corrupted, straight-to-hell cotton socks.

Last edited:

Top Bottom