Peter Chung posted his Transformers: The Movie storyboards to Instagram

Rufus

Citizen
Aeon Flux creator Peter Chung is finally on Instagram and has been posting selections from his decades long animation career. Recently he uploaded some storyboards from his work on the '86 animated "Transformers: The Movie" and guess which scene he boarded??
Included in his posts are scenes of Hot Rod and Kup fighting Constructicons on their way to Prime's fight. I personally can't remember if these have been seen before or not.

Peter Chung's Instagram

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Whoah! He worked on so much of our childhoods!

They used his boards for that great initial Optimus /Megatron clash but the animator went "naw bro...I can make this BETTER"

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Aeon Flux creator Peter Chung is finally on Instagram and has been posting selections from his decades long animation career. Recently he uploaded some storyboards from his work on the '86 animated "Transformers: The Movie" and guess which scene he boarded??
Included in his posts are scenes of Hot Rod and Kup fighting Constructicons on their way to Prime's fight. I personally can't remember if these have been seen before or not.

Peter Chung's Instagram
I can't access Instagram, as it has an annoying pop-up. Could you upload the relevant images to here instead please? Cheers in advance.

EDIT: - I managed to download the PDF, from the alternate link provide above, but I couldn't find any mention of Kup and Hotrod fighting Devastator? Anyway, I made a quick animated gif from one part of the storyboard.

Optimus - Whatever the Cost (Storyboard).gif

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
I can't access Instagram, as it has an annoying pop-up. Could you upload the relevant images to here instead please? Cheers in advance.
From what I can tell, all of the images are part of Walruslaw's massive TF:TM storyboard collection, so there's nothing inherently new in them that hasn't been seen before (in theory, at least).

Top Bottom