P&R Funnies!

NovaSaber

Citizen
facebook_1650267004234_6921721496928731334.jpg

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yup. Hell, I remember when you could smoke in malls. Do not miss that shit for anything.

Enjoying the schadenfreude of watching vapers get booted outside though.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
AI Democrat: a really bad Jimmy Carter caricature

AI Republican: literally just Dick van Dyke

Nevermore

Citizen
Am I the only one who doesn't think This Modern World is particularly... funny? Not sure whether it's just the subject matter itself, but I can at least chuckle at most of ths stuff in this thread, while TMW just leaves me cold.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
They have a habit of coming across as walls of text, which I find off putting.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I just don't find anything about politics funny anymore. Back when a politician being an idiot was not only a fairly rare event, but also mostly harmless. Ha, dude can't pronounce "nuclear", or tried to open a prop door, or strangled a protester than pied his face... okay, that last one was kinda harsh actually. NOW stupidity abounds as the opposition voice in almost every major political hall across the planet when it isn't the dominant voice. I mean, christ: religious fundamentalists actually held on longer than a US occupation, and as bad as bush was, putins ego is literally all thats driving the war, actual factual ******* WAR, in ukraine.

Nevermore

Citizen
I just don't find anything about politics funny anymore. Back when a politician being an idiot was not only a fairly rare event, but also mostly harmless. Ha, dude can't pronounce "nuclear", or tried to open a prop door, or strangled a protester than pied his face... okay, that last one was kinda harsh actually. NOW stupidity abounds as the opposition voice in almost every major political hall across the planet when it isn't the dominant voice. I mean, christ: religious fundamentalists actually held on longer than a US occupation, and as bad as bush was, putins ego is literally all thats driving the war, actual factual ******* WAR, in ukraine.
No, I think there's still a lot of fun to be had with politics. The problem is that a lot of "comedians" and "cartoonist" aren't doing a lot of funny stuff with politics. They're basically just doing "ha-ha, you're stupid".

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
One thing purveyors of leftist comedy do have in common with their counterparts among the right is a tendency to forget the difference between telling comedy and punditry. My acid test, at least when it comes to people on TV, has always been "Are they cheering more than they're laughing? Then it's punditry."

And speaking of cheering, ha ha old white president makes a joke about his evil predecessor being evil, and then goes on to make light of an attempted coup he has spent two years pretending didn't happen and doing nothing about.

Top Bottom