[OOC] STOMP Remembrance Project

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You never know with this guy. One minute he's feeling the weight of the world on his back and admitting that things do get to him. The next minute, pure evil.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All too true. Even over in Mey Hem. Though I think old Night Cap has had a slightly better ride so far. :)

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
double maples was a fun time. lol not the first time she'd seen two of herself lol. I think I got away with her double being slightly different than Misty's. I know we all kinda ran differently how the doubles worked, but I'd like to think the two maples would have acted slightly different even if we'd all agreed before hand how the magic worked. just to be another little weird quirk. I can't remember how it continued past the point we're at now... so i'll have to wait and see if I played with it a little more

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Indeed. His life is, if anything, more at risk in Mey Hem then ever before. Though he also gets to the land the knockout blow on multiple occasions too.

He lives in Interesting Times in our world. :)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He kinda loves the danger though. Despite his lazy and dirt-phobic moments he does want to be the hero that he is in his dreams. He just sometimes remembers that his real abilities are limited, and then he doesn't know what to do.

Mey Hem's setting makes it easy for him to stay in his hero mindset.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I'm very happy I wrote Maple to be so enthralled by Rhapsody's superhero identity... I didn't know at the time it would be important later, obviously - or did I? lol I just enjoy throwing little hooks out and letting them dangle for a while to see if they catch anything. like how I keep having her bring up the time she accidentally made Amber think she called her fat. Maple doesn't do well when she thinks she's given somebody a reason to not-like her as much as possible. maybe it makes the hugs not as tasty? lol

also i don't know who first figured out that /) was a hoofbump, but you will forever have my love.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
oh I was just making a joke about how the pre-doubled maple often 'pondered' ic, so clearly, the double one would be the one using the thesaurus to come up with a different word to describe doing the Winnie the pooh 'think think' gesture

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
or are you asking about this?

"Maples flanked the others, keeping far enough apart to not chide each other about their bellies this time... am I even that same copy? or do I just have copied memories of that copy from the original Maple... or am I the original Maple and these aren't copied Memories but my actual memories... maybe the other me knows..? Maple was about to ask herself out loud, but they had arrived at the door."

lol, then yes. nobody caught that. this was the doubled maple questioning whether her memories were copies of copies, or just copies... because after having rolled around in a cartoon dustball of self huggery with the 'other maple', both of them had lost track of who the one was who'd been copied. but apparently, this maple being in fact the copy or I guess i should say 'double' was self-aware enough to know that the memories she'd gotten from Maple were suspect. Now all that being said, she was wrong of course in that Maple didn't actually have copies of the real Maplejack's memories. but she was correct after a fashion that she was a copy of a copy. just more so physically. mentally she was just a copy, not a copy of a copy.

XD the fact that after thinking up the idea that she was a copy of a copy, she then thought 'no maybe i'm the original?' was just my way of being like- no this is clearly still just another of the maple that the team knows, who's mind is all kinds of muddled up, she just had a momentary magical hiccup and accidentally did a smart.

perhaps the doubler's magic and the princess's magic combined to jiggle something loose before Maple's self-induced amnesia kicked in again...trauma can be weird like that.

I did make sure I didn't have her say this out loud because then the group might key into that 3rd maple she'd mentioned, if we'd have then had our characters talk about it IC, keeping it as just her internal thoughts I was just prodding the group a little to see if anyone was suspicious enough yet to be paying attention. lol

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Maplejack is the earth pony original
Maple is the changeling with the identity crisis
double Maple all the way across the sky, is the one thinking the quote above.

1, 2, 3 maples.

at this point ooc nobody but Zam and I knew about the original Maple(jack) so as a little hint I just casually wrote Maple 3 being somewhat aware of the ic backstory XD but nobody ooc noticed.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Aw." Snowy seems disappointed, like a child who got an action figure for christmas, just like they asked, but suddenly realized it was the wrong character.

Am I crazy enough to have planned this timing?

I'll never tell.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
"Is he always like this?" Splash Flaunt asked the team after Brisk Iron led Night Cap away.

"No, sometimes he doesn't let you see that he needs a hug."

This is probably my most favorite Maple moment. At first glance I thought it was Maple being the bright-eyed sappy sweet Maple as always. But this is actually one of her most empathetic moments ever...and quite an insightful look at Night Cap.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You said something similar at the time. It is a great moment. In hindsight, it makes sense that she's so good at reading others' emotional state. She's using her changeling powers for justice.

There was some minor debate as to whether Night Cap was making it too obvious here. He seemed so oblivious to the trouble he's in, but then right here he makes it clear that he knows. My answer is it wasn't supposed to be out of character. There's a few other times he dropped the act (or is it an act?) and grumbled aloud about things. Most long conversations with him had him say "I need a hug" some way or another. The difference here is we had Maple around to notice.

Top Bottom