[OOC] STOMP Remembrance Project

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"Where have all the heroes gone?"
While usually don't overtly speak through my characters, I think that was the moment my brain noticed but hadn't properly processed the red flags going on.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
There was simply a raw difference in thought between players and GM that affected things across several arcs. It might have went smoother if I wised up to that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As a story, I still find the dysfunction interesting. We were all hiding various insecurities, and a lot of them were directly about trying to understand ourselves as heroes. Even Rhapsody, outwardly the most gung-ho about doing our job, to the point that she puts on a costume so she can work night shifts as well, was actually secretly terrified that someone was going to get hurt on her watch and there'd be something she could have done to prevent it.

I think the ballet battle was a good moment. We cared that innocents were in danger, so deep down we did have an inner hero who understood why we were doing this.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I think a lot was expectation. I think if I had it in mind, I could have altered my own thought processes. At least structured things different. And I know it's in the past, just trying to keep things in mind for any future GMing.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Heyyyy CoffeeHorse. I'm bad at everything and I haven't been watching this thread too closely but I was suddenly feeling nostalgic and I was wondering if maybe in your digging you may have encountered um Sunbeam's and my musical number maybe? = o

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't checked for that specifically, but I've seen surrounding scenes from that day so I probably have it. I'll take a look.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Heyyyy CoffeeHorse. I'm bad at everything and I haven't been watching this thread too closely but I was suddenly feeling nostalgic and I was wondering if maybe in your digging you may have encountered um Sunbeam's and my musical number maybe? = o
Pretty sure that's two chapters ahead. Currently it's right before Nightmare Heights but after that I believe is the cucarocka attack and the Mauvenine Four. If so, that sounds about the right spot since Amber and Snowy aren't accounted for in the previous two mentioned scenes.

Wow, I actually had Static go through the whole "80's mentor makes someone clean and/or build something in order to shape up".

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is that day. The musical number is what Amber and Snowy are doing when they're interrupted with a mission to pick Night Cap up at the police station. Then we get the jailbreak.

I'm stopping for today. The gym scene is finally coming up, and it appears to be several hundreds of posts.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Zamuel posted

Night Cap is probably knocked out. I have to decide the appropriate type of fun for my response.

Zamuel posted

Night Cap is probably knocked out. I have to decide the appropriate type of fun for my response.

EDIT: Wait. Night Cap and Maplejack have re-roll options. Would either of you like to use them or will Night Cap simply fail?

Zamuel posted

Well...thankfully she wasn't actually trying to kill him. I've got typing to do.

Destron posted

can maple use her element power to give him a +15? or did I sleep in too much

Zamuel posted

can maple use her element power to give him a +15? or did I sleep in too much

Maple already used her magic point earlier to help Light Fantastic. It resets after an extended rest. Also, Generosity might be a +15 but the nat 1 is still there.

Rhapsody posted

I do believe Rhapsody have could helped, since she has a skill that allows her to turn an ally's epic fail into a critical success... but why would she waste that now? :p

Zamuel posted

Figured as much.

Destron posted

well it does say ally... so does it even work in this situation, since like 90% of the reason she let him come was to get him beat up a bit lol

Caldwin posted

Dang, Rhapsody's being a bit of a rump!

Sunbeam posted

So, business as usual?

Caldwin posted

Yeah, pretty much.

And yeah, I'm sure Night Cap will be fine. No worries. That crunching noise when his neck hit the floor and his head bent unnaturally far? Totally normal!

Rhapsody posted

Or Rhapsody knows that Sky Lynx's offers good medical care for those in these situations. This is a completely safe environment, for him to get his flank handed to him.

Sunbeam posted

You are glorying in the downfall of your enemy. Last time I saw someone do that, they refused to throw the One Ring into a volcano, dooming mankind to teeter on the precipice of destruction once more.

Fnu Aw posted

What could Rhapsody do, anyway? Swoop in and catch him when it's clear he's not going to land well? Then how would he learn?

Patchouli Knowledge posted

Then how would he learn?

Is he going to remember any of it when he wakes up?

Caldwin posted

What could Rhapsody do, anyway? Swoop in and catch him when it's clear he's not going to land well? Then how would he learn?

You see!?!? He defends her and still she laughs at his pain!

Zamuel posted

What could Rhapsody do, anyway? Swoop in and catch him when it's clear he's not going to land well?

Night Cap suddenly hears Rhapsody shout in a musically inclined voice, "We believe in you, Night Cap!" filling him with the determination to succeed.

Suddenly, Night Cap wakes up.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Caldwin posted

Yeeeah, Static told me to tell you your living condition are intolerable.

*shakes head gravely

Rhapsody posted

Honestly, the whole hotel needs to be killed with fire. And then burn the ashes just to make sure.

Caldwin posted

Skivey called. He said he was feeling honor bound to call the health inspectors on you.

Caldwin posted

I get a curious tickle in my lungs when I'm in here too long."

That's just the spiders crawling around your insides.

If that was the joke...I'm horrified!

Caldwin posted

No...not just now. It's just that the horror keeps deepening!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Fnu Aw posted

How would you summarize this crazy day we just had?

Zamuel posted

During lunch, Amber trained with Steel Flint by playing ping pong. Conversation happened.

Seeing the disheveled Brisk Iron stare down Major Delight in front of the early arrivals/new hires.

The actual mission briefing itself.

Marketing department is goofy and/or terrifying.

Caldwin posted

Hmm...well...slice of life episode?

I mean, if we wanted the characters to actually interact with each other more rather than just going up against bad guys, this day did that!

Night Cap, Snowy and Static all have nightmares. Night Cap gets a job. Amber gets a puzzle. Static goes on a date with Anchors, Snowy goes on a date with Light Fantastic. Meaningful discussions all around. If you wanted a place to really show who your character is, this was the day to do it!

Rhapsody posted

You forgot Light's stakeout of Dazzling's henchponies.

Zamuel posted

Fnu Aw posted

Grocery store checkout party.

Let's try Static's cooking party.

You have G3 on the brain?

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven’t been checking in on this at all. Which is a pity because looking back on STOMP is and will be fun.

Have you found any Scarlet bits?

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Scarlet comes in during the fifth or sixth arc. We are currently near the end of the third arc.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The IC thread is in order, so it will be a while before we get to Scarlet. But Scarlet's introduction is in this OOC thread.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While part of me feels like I botched things with Misty's story, this breakfast was the actual start of "something's wrong with the world". I had a started quietly seeding the magical weirdness really early on. And as Fnu (?) already noticed earlier, the early Tipsy Tulip hints were here but she didn't show up for a long time. Blame Barometz.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll always wonder what would have happened if we'd gotten the Barometz scene right. There were so many ripple effects.

I began drawing Rhapsody's part of this morning, before deciding to bump the whole scene sometime closer to when the plot seeds would be followed upon.

sketch 337 lighting.jpg

Top Bottom