[OOC] STOMP Remembrance Project

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
Corruption is different because it's not true to any version of what was originally posted, and I have been trying to fix that. If I've missed something there, let me know. That part can be tedious. Sometimes it's symbols in the middle of words for no apparent reason, and sometimes it's just weirdness. Like, Sailor Unicron's posts are all haunted. They look fine in my inbox, but I past them here and suddenly there's dozens of spaces between each line. Only her posts.
Are you copy/pasting directly from your inbox? You can cut down most of that corruption by pasting to your computer's notepad first, then copy/paste from notepad to here. The notepad automatically strips out the coded weirdness while leaving only the pure text.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well bad news. The Warning Sound mission is missing in its entirety, as well as most of the OOC thread in that time period. I have up to the *static crackle* after Dazzling Midnight's reformation, and then it stops. So at least there is an ending of sorts, but dang.

Allspark might have been breaking earlier than we knew.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Well, that's still way more than we had any right of hoping for. It's sad because Warning Sound really let Nigh Cap shine, Scarlet finds his friend...a lot really came together there/

But like I said...this is still much more than we could have reasonably expected. So thank you.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Thank you for getting what you could. I still feel like a fool for not archiving the campaign in some form when it ended.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm still going to go forward with the plan of posting everything I do have, in order now. Chapter 2 is done. Next stop, chapter 3.

Some fun from the OOC thread when the poor violin got obliterated:
"My Saddlevarius!"

While she was no longer struggling, Sepia Tone didn't seem to acknowledge the clapping in front of her. The facial expression was very blank and distant.

...my first instinct is to slap her... but we seen what happened when I did that to her violin...

Maybe someone who's physically weak and wouldn't do much damage anyway...

Hey Night Caaaaaaap!

Between these two chapters is the Boons debate. I'll keep a copy but I think it's best if that debate never sees the light of day again.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"...in time, everypony gets exactly what they deserve." It's a shame I didn't do more with this line. Then again, there were tons of recurring phrases so it might have just been clutter (especially with how Double Dusk wound up). It's interesting to see how some things started compared to how they ended up.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Just realized that Chapter 3 might be weird. It was split into 3 & 4 after the fact so the break point won't be obvious from the initial posting. Whichever post has the party leaving on the air ferry is probably where the break was, I think.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's probably the most sensible breaking point. It neatly places all of the Caballuston parts in Chapter 3, and all the Nightmare Heights + the ferry ride in Chapter 4.

For the comic's purposes I put the break at the night before the ferry ride. That way Chapter 4 would begin with Night Cap's dream sequence with Desert Rose... which I ended up cutting for some reason I can't fathom right now. There was a reason but it can't have been a good one if I don't remember it.

I left so much on the cutting room floor for stupid reasons. Once I get my life back I am going to go back and finish everything I started. I never delete anything, so I have the pieces.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Well bad news. The Warning Sound mission is missing in its entirety, as well as most of the OOC thread in that time period. I have up to the *static crackle* after Dazzling Midnight's reformation, and then it stops. So at least there is an ending of sorts, but dang.

If you want to, once we reach that point I can type up a summary of the Warning Sound arc. It won't be the same as a direct copy of the posts and it'll be colored by my memory but it would be better than nothing. That is, unless everyone would rather leave off on Dazzling reformation.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Post it here any time you like. This thread can still be used for out of order stuff.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'd personally love to have as much documented as possible. But at the same time, it feels like you both are putting a lot of energy into something that...well, I'm want to be kind here, but I'm having trouble finding a better way of saying "living in the past."

It was a great story and I absolutely loved being a part of it. I would love to see as much documented as possible. I really would. I just really hate asking both of you to spend so much energy on this.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I sorta don't get tired of things. If I love something, I can always go back to it.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Ah, the drinking game of well intentioned GM mistakes. First up, the number of times anyone other than Night Cap is given a dream plotline.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I guess it made sense at the time, since Light Fantastic was the one who received the first clue about Desert Rose.

Meanwhile in the OOC thread:
Just this image of Amber hauling a half sleeping Rhapsody on her back to the Keep....

db6o1r0-c93b0c07-1490-40a2-8970-edac7af09f44.jpg

So much of the comic was OOC thread references.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
It wasn't just Light Fantastic. Generally the attempt was to have the other players come to Night Cap so that his dreamwalking was more a shared thing. That often didn't happen.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's funny how things play out. Through varied circumstances, Static ended up being the only character who had repeated long conversations with Night Cap in early chapters and actually got to know him.

Everything started with Night Cap running away "to get reinforcements." It started the feud with Rhapsody, and blew an opportunity to build some camaraderie with light Fantastic during that fight. And when Night Cap finally got to do something impressive at the end of the mission, Light Fantastic was unconscious. They didn't end up in a small team again until the Barometz encounter.

There was good team building pre and during the heist, but Night Cap's delayed arrival kept him out of any of it. There was an opportunity with Willow Wisp, but then Caboo dropped out. Which... contributed to that late arrival.

Then Night Cap and Static paired up and spent most of the rest of the campaign together.

Maple and Misty will have a chance to get to know Night Cap at the gym, but we're going to see how that went.

Shadewing

Citizen
The gym scene, probably the closest Rhapsody ever gets to being almost impressed by Night Cap.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He finally failed so hard that an undercover agent couldn't possibly be doing it on purpose.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I did one bit of editing.

but there was no one whose competence or abilities Amber trusted more.

Well somepony's sleeping on the couch tonight :p

This was in the IC thread, but discussion in the OOC thread confirms it was meant for the OOC thread.

Top Bottom