[OOC] Nighthaze - ShadowRun/Cyberpunk but with Ponies!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The rules look like Shadowrun run through a Sparknotes filter 50 times. It looks like a lot to take in but every action seems to be a sane process.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
*gets visions of a net-runner Static*

If someone else wants to DM a campaign here on the boards (I really don't want to have to schedule actual live playtime on Discord), I'd love to revive Static (or maybe a descendent).

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That works for me. If we play on the boards I don't have to keep making excuses why I still haven't bought a microphone.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm definitely interested. I miss Shadowrun every day. It was some of the most fun I've ever had even though I didn't do anything.

Shadewing

Citizen
Added the rule book to the first post for anyone curious. Its also linked on the YT page, but might help to really show how simple this is. I joined the Discord server to learn more and get updates on it. CaptainHoers' goal is basically to keep the system as simple yet creative as possible.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's still a million things to learn, but at least each thing is simple.

For newcomers, maybe pick what you think you'd feel like playing and see if you can build a cheat sheet for just that kind of build so you don't get overwhelmed trying to remember everything at once.

Shadewing

Citizen
What I like so far, is that you can be pretty much any race you want. Like, I think the only thing missing is Discord's race. But we got Bat Ponies, Kirin, Hippogriphs, Zebra, Changelings, Dragons, Griffons, etc. I already think I got a friend's attention by being able to be a Kirin.

Caldwin

Citizen
My phone seems to be formatting things in a weird way. I'll try and give the rule book a look tonight when I get home.

Shadewing

Citizen
So, I've decided that for 'Season 1' so to speak to keep it to 6 players, gives a mix of new and old blood to the RP group.

1. Fnu
2. Dana
3. Caldwin
4. Copper
5. Terra

6. Open

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
I'll go ahead and lock in and bring back Static. As much as I usually try to fo 'new campaign, new character,' the idea of cyberpunk Static just intrigues me too much.

I'll try and get some reading done soon on that rulebook. Are character sheets going to be player or GM generated?

Shadewing

Citizen
Not sure yet, Still going through stuff myself. This is my off day so I'll have time to look stuff over more now

Caldwin

Citizen
These docs are so funky on a phone. But I'll check it out when I get home.

Top Bottom