Obi-Wan Kenobi - streaming on Disney+

Axaday

Citizen
What is the Inquisitors’ process of hunting down Force sensitive people? When has there ever been a girl with a midichlorian count like Leia’s? Reva can’t tell?

Dake

Citizen
At least a part of the process is sending out probe droids. I don't think we've seen it specified that all Inquisitors are necessarily sensitive to the Force in others. And Reva did admit Leia was "strong".

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
What is the Inquisitors’ process of hunting down Force sensitive people? When has there ever been a girl with a midichlorian count like Leia’s? Reva can’t tell?

Vader couldn't tell either. Even after she resisted his mind probe on the Death Star.

MrBlud

Citizen
Does Leia (and Luke) have abnormally high midi counts? Anakin does sure but that doesn’t necessarily means they do.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the new ep. I wanna see another Jedi do underwater tricks like Kit Fisto did in the Genndy Clone Wars.

Cool ep. Very glad for the MVP of the ep.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I always liked the rationale behind the Rule of Two. How do you control a worldview where backstabbing is rampant, you make it so that backstabbing is one of the single most important tenets, but only to be done when the time is right or else you diminish everything. Palpatine worked out how to do away with that by becoming immortal, and spent his life engineering things so that he'd not only live forever, but rule the galaxy. That's partly why I never liked the cunning schemer version of Maul, he always felt to me like just a weapon that Palpatine had curated, not trained to take his Master's position one day.

Vader was great, he felt much more like himself than he did in Rogue One. He still has Anakin's raw fury, but he's getting towards the more tempered rage that he'll have by the OT. It sounded like Hayden did line readings which James Earl Jones then used when he did his own take, there's a lot of Anakin in Vader's voice, you can picture Hayden saying the lines without the mask.

I've come around on schemer Maul. I like the idea that Maul bought into the Sith stuff, but Palpatine never intended him as anything other than a weapon, and that once he found this out Maul was no in business for himself.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Apparently were just starting up Disney+ series ontop of each other now. Only two more episodes of Obi left but feels like Disney already moved on to Marvel.

Also apparently were getting a Reva spin off. Unless there is some major revelation or something in the last couple episodes the only question I have is... why? Shes... really just kinda exsisted and been angry during the series. I can't really fault her for not breaking Leia when Vader couldn't, but like... at this point I'm still waiting on anything substantial to happen with her.

Dvandom

Citizen
I guess a spinoff would let them NOT kill her off in the season finale while also explaining why she's not in Rebels.

---Dave

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
Unless her series is a prequel, like Andor.

If it is, they really ought to announce it. As of now, knowing that a Reva spinoff is planned makes me think I know exactly what her story is, and really diminishes any excitement I had for seeing it play out.

(I could end up being dead wrong in my assumption, of course, but between now and the reveal, I assume I'm not)

Plus, frankly, I doubt Disney has it in them to do a series that ends with the protagonist being in the place where we see Reva at the beginning of this show. I'd like to be wrong about that too, but I don't think I am.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I also think the last episode was a missed opportunity. Instead of nameless rebels, it could have been Saw Gerrera and his partisans. Maybe with a young Jyn Erso, depending on how it fits in with her own timeline.

AgentOrange

Citizen
Plus, frankly, I doubt Disney has it in them to do a series that ends with the protagonist being in the place where we see Reva at the beginning of this show. I'd like to be wrong about that too, but I don't think I am.

I might have agreed with you, but we got Wandavision and Multiverse of Madness so it's a little more up in the air now what they're willing to do

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Does Leia (and Luke) have abnormally high midi counts? Anakin does sure but that doesn’t necessarily means they do.
I don't know if the Disney canon has ever addressed it directly, but Lucas had previously said that Luke and Leia were just as powerful as Anakin. That had been seemingly contradicted in the EU novels that had come out before that point, with characters like Kyp Durron seemingly much more powerful than Luke. That would later get retconned. I remember early in the New Jedi Order, there was a scene where Kyp was musing about how he used to believe he was more powerful than Luke, but had eventually realized that Luke just didn't show off his power. I think it might have been in the first NJO novel, during a dog fight where Luke manages to push a mini black hole enough to make it consume the Vong ship generating it.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the new one. Second to the last and it's still pretty good.

They shouldn't have done the intro.

Love the whispering part. Dang. I thought something far, far worse happened but, well, it was still a surprise.

Would have wanted some assault with battery but it wasn't included.

Did the Troopers shoot someone? I'm off to watch Ms Marvel so I'm not gonna re watch.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Flasback! Bittersweet "why didn't i see the signs" flasback, that nicely tie into the whole "i was the learner" thing. And featuring the original actors, which is a blessed change from the eerie CGI puppetry we're being threatened with, and a nice little break from the Clone Wars VAs dominating the roles for so long.

That being said, I guess this means Part 3 was supposed to be the "rematch of the century", which is a big oof.

Vader's been weirdly easy on Reva. Spared her last episode despite being the angriest he's ever been, now after a literal backstab attempt he gives her a fair fight, Meta Knight style? (fighting off a lightsaber barehanded IS pretty cool tho)

Grand Inquisitor is just... alive. And Reva is also just... alive. I miss when death was treated seriously.
"BuT mAuL" -- treated death seriously. No one else got to walk off being killed just cuz a Sith Lord came back a decade later.

Ok to be fair, Tala and NED had a nice sendoff.

The show's structure is kinda straining itself. Like, Reva re-captures Leia in the belief she somehow knows anything about these rebels (but kills the pilot guy that definitely would've known); Obi-Wan and Leia escape the Inquisitor fortress but don't immediately go home to Alderaan; Reva just happens to find the communicator fake-Jedi guy just happened to drop, which just happens to play a recording that just happens to mention vital Skywalker family info. 'Kay...

Next week's totally gonna be Old Wounds but with Reva, yeah?

Axaday

Citizen
If it is, they really ought to announce it. As of now, knowing that a Reva spinoff is planned makes me think I know exactly what her story is, and really diminishes any excitement I had for seeing it play out.

Do we know a Reva spinoff is planned or is it just a rumor/leak? I don't think they are responsible to straighten out misconceptions about a project that hasn't even been announced.

I guess a spinoff would let them NOT kill her off in the season finale while also explaining why she's not in Rebels.

Han Solo isn't in Rebels. We know he was alive at the time. We didn't see Cassian or Bib Fortuna either. Did Rebels ever say, "Whelp, fresh out of Inquisitors"?

Top Bottom