Now eventually you are going to have a Comic Book thread on this Comic Book forum, right?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Now this is...something else.

Bill Willingham has released the comic book series Fables into the public domain, as a "asymmetric warfare" tactic against DC Comics.

I don't know how this effects the last 3 issues of the return miniseries they were doing. I would guess it's not going to finish up now. But, this certainly is a move.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That would be more interesting if he wasn't fairly terrible as a person.

-ZacWilliam, I was always figuring I'd get around to reading it at some point but he's well and soured that from ever happening.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Willingham is a terrible person? What'd he do?

I read Fables up to... the final war. Flycatcher's reveal and I just gave up. I did look up the ending (where someone goes crazy and kills some main characters.) and I wanted to know what happened to the couple of puppets who wanted to be human (what happened to their child?)

I know Fables had spin offs like Cinderella secret agent but I didn't know they were bringing it back.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
He's is and has been a deeply right wing conservative with prejudiced and extreme political and social opinions to match. He's also been blatantly misogynistic and disrespectful of female comics creators at convention appearances.

-ZacWilliam, he's just kinda slime, which makes me entirely willing to skip the worlds crafted from those viewpoints.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ouch.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Fables (I actually just wanted it to wrap up when I was reading it) but it still bites for people who find out their fave creators aren't nice folks.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw a page on FB where Sabretooth was killing a kid. I looked at the comments to see that it's Artie?! Of Artie and Leech? He's dead?!?

Friend tells me something called the Sabretooth War is happening but I can't believe they're kill off Artie. He's always been a background character but I always thought he and Leech had potential for when someone used them. Gosh dang.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
It probably wasn't Artie, just a background mutant that happens to look a lot like Artie. Artie actually hangs out with the Future Foundation kids in Fantastic Four, so I don't think they're killing him off.

But, yeah, Sabretooth War has been pretty brutal so far. Characters dying in pretty gruesome ways left and right. Daken, Wolverine's son, got dismembered. Sabretooths from alternate dimensions coming in so they can murder even more people Wolverine cares about. Wolverine losing his arms and legs so he has to go around on stumps. Just...some gratuitous stuff. Maybe going a bit too far in some cases.

I'm not sure how much of this will actually stick. They're hinting at a possible BIG reset button in the "main" Fall of X books, so all of this might just end up getting time-travelled away. Or maybe not. I get the feeling they might either be trying to slim down the cast for the next run, or maybe setting up Laura as a "main" Wolverine again. But, that's all speculation. I really don't know for sure what they have planned after Krakoa. The "Original X-Men" one shot and "Weapon X-Men" miniseries MIGHT be leading into the new era, but they might just be their own thing? We're at a weird point that we just don't know for sure what the future for the X-Men comics looks like.

It feels like Marvel's into some sort of 90s nostalgia kick with some "EXTREME" comics with parental advisories coming up. They're advertising the next Avengers event "Blood Hunt" will be the bloodiest book they're ever made. So, this seems to be something of a trend with Marvel and others lately.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The last few years I would of said it wouldn't be an issue if any mutant got axed. The Krakoan resurrection card was easily played for most characters. But right now they have taken it off the table for now with the whole Fall of X decimating the mutants..... Again. Marvel has a real problem of See-Sawing on letting the mutants flourish or not.

That said I don't think any of the Five of the mutant resurrection circuit have been permanently axed yet, just shunted to another dimension.

They also decided to kill off the extra Laura they had running around. But with the resurrection protocols saying she was the original might have been a stretch to begin with

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, there's a group of background mutant kids who have been showing up in Wolverine off and on. I don't think they even have names?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh. It's nice to know that he's not Artie but, geeeez, that kid and the bird boy were actual background characters? They weren't even first appearance cannon fodders? They might have been someone's favorites too. Ow.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They can't kill him! He's

J6e1.gif

LiamA

Citizen
Does anyone know what is going on with the site ReadComicsFree? It's been down for a few days now.

Top Bottom