Customs (Non-TF) Dave's Final Faction Thread

Dvandom

Citizen
Last of the core team, AlphaRed from Scope, with helmet from a Dragonfly pack and jetpack modified from an ACRM pack.

AlphaRed1.JPG
AlphaRed3.JPG

AlphaRed2.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
FinalRanger AlphaPurple required some head sculpting so that I could preserve the gimmick yet still give him a Dragonfly-style helmet.

AlphaPurple1.JPG
AlphaPurple2.JPG

Here's the head without the cowl, facing both ways, plus a blacklight look. I used Apoxie Clay to sculpt the helmet over his human face.

AlphaPurple3.JPG

And now, the entire group!

FinalRangerGroup1.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Now for the villains! Diabolide is Emperor of the Meteor Men, whose meteor crashed into the Moon in 20XX. Made from Diabol, the ACRM Razor pack, the Kharn Brute pack (most of it), and Andra's cloak from MotU Revelation. Also some Apoxie Clay.

Diabolide1.JPG

Diabolide2.JPG
Diabolide3.JPG
Diabolide4.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
And now Diabolide's minions, the Meteor Men!

MeteorMen1.JPG

MeteorMen2.JPG
MeteorMen3.JPG

And since I got some 68-LED UV flashlights this week:

MeteorMen4.JPG

(Nothing special about the chest paint, I think that's reflections from the sword glow.)

---Dave

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Fantastic! I'm actually using Ruck to make a 1:18 set of Centurions. These things are so fun. I have a whole Kharn army and I'd say I spent less than one Leader Class Transformer on them.

Dvandom

Citizen
Completing the usual rainbow (since Indigo rarely gets a Ranger slot), it's Churro as AlphaOrange!

AlphaOrange1.JPG

Here it is with a non-weapon tail and no gun, with and without UV light:
AlphaOrange2.JPG

And finally, with weapons, normal and under UV:
AlphaOrange3.JPG

In closing, orange is a pain to work with, and I ended up buying new orange paints and redoing all the orange parts because the first paint looked so bad.

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Even hordes of Meteor Men couldn't overwhelm the FinalRangers, so Diabolide sought willing traitors among the human militaries. The first to join his cause became General Tektite (built from the Riptide figure).

GeneralTektite1.JPG

And since I have UV flashlights, here's how the temperature sensitive studs glow:

GeneralTektite2.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
The second human willing to betray humanity and throw in his lot with Diabolide (and maybe also AlphaBlue's brother), Major Fireball is an aerial ace and plans to take power for himself the moment Diabolide shows signs of weakness...Starscream, but more cautious and patient. Hair is made from Apoxie Clay, painted silver and then painted with Tamiya clear, the closest I can get to faking clear plastic.

MajorFireball1.JPG
MajorFireball2.JPG
MajorFireball3.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Third of the Dark Rangers, Commander Crater is too stupid to think of betraying Diabolide, but also not smart enough to be very effective, he ends up on a lot of diversion missions.
CommanderCrater1.JPG

He's not intended to be seen without the helmet, but since gluing it onto the head would have made assembly very hard, I just dyed the Ruck head and painted the eye metallic orange.

CommanderCrater2.JPG

(The deep dark hole isn't shopped or anything, I used Black 3.0 on it.)

---Dave

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't know that "battle hedgehog" was something I needed to see until it was right there in front of me.

Dvandom

Citizen
Did this last weekend, forgot to post it here. I dyed some Synthoid accessory sets black and added venom-green paint here and there in an attempt to make them look like eventual official releases to go with the Venom Synthoid.

VenomSynthoid.JPG

---Dave

Top Bottom