Customs (Non-TF) Dave's Final Faction Thread

Dvandom

Citizen
Okay, clearly this is going to be a Thing for me. (Could a mod please splice the other threads into this one?)

Leader of Alpha Team, Master Sergeant Steadfast is a cyborg and a chef. So in addition to repainting the figure, I built him a tray of cookies.

Steadfast5.JPG
Steadfast6.JPG

Comparison shots:
Steadfast1.JPG
Steadfast2.JPG

Steadfast3.JPG
Steadfast4.JPG

Some WIP bits:

SteadfastWIP1.JPG
SteadfastWIP2.JPG

---Dave

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Those are looking great. You've really made them look like higher end figures.

Dvandom

Citizen
And now, the X4 Turret, which I started before finishing Churro.

First, a quick Lego-based mod anyone can do if they'd rather the turret have gunbarrels instead of missiles:
X4-quickmod.JPG

I decided to use the arm cannons from the Cyborg Pack to make bigger barrel ends:
X4-WIP.JPG

The narrowing where they connect is kinda meh, maybe I should've cut off the ends to make things flatter. Of course, these are removable, so I can always try different barrel replacements later.

X4-1.JPG

Of course, I made sure the missiles could still fire:

X4-2.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
(And yes, Cobra Exo-Armor would work with that faceplate too, I just didn't want to paint all that white.)

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Another P-131 from Final Faction modded into a Robotech Destroid or Battlemech. This time, a Rifleman. (The other two Destroids are too different in body plan, I won't be making those.) I built the central hump from some counting blocks, and the antenna from styrene slat and Lego. I went for more freehanding on the decals this time, but despite my efforts the shin V's don't match up.

P131-6.JPG
P131-7.JPG

P131-8.JPG

Comparison to the Destroid toy:
P131-9.JPG

And both P-131 Destroids together:

P131-10.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Starting the FinalRangers with their leader, AlphaGreen (it doesn't have to be Red) in Battlizer mode!

AlphaGreen1.JPG
AlphaGreen2.JPG

AlphaGreen3.JPG
AlphaGreen4.JPG

And while I originally planned to glue the backpack on, it stays fine without glue, and is removable. (The missiles can be removed as well, but I didn't paint the shafts.)

AlphaGreen5.JPG

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
And now, the second in command, AlphaYellow from Amari with an ACRM booster as jetpack, a spare Steadfast helmet (the one not used in the cookies custom) and a Dragonfly tail with an extra bit of rod as her gun. I cut off her hair and added it onto the helmet, sculpting an aperture to make it look like the hair poked up through the helmet. As with AlphaGreen, the helmet is glued in place.

AlphaYellow1.JPG
AlphaYellow2.JPG

I freehanded the same A1 sort of logo as on AlphaGreen, but it's not that clear against a light yellow-brown.

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
The color of Innermost Energon, it's AlphaPink!

AlphaPink1.JPG

AlphaPink2.JPG

"Normal" light, anyway. Under room lighting the neon pink looks very different from the bright magenta, but some combination of the lighting in my photo booth and the range of my camera makes the neon pink look very similar to the magenta.

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Next on the scene, AlphaBlue. Unfortunately, the shoulder pegs are not circular, so lifting the arms makes the torso crack apart slightly, even after I went back and tried to shave off the problem areas.
AlphaBlue1.JPG
AlphaBlue2.JPG

AlphaBlue3.JPG

He has the gun I originally made for AlphaYellow, repainted in his colors. I reshaped a cocktail sword to look more like a katana so he'd have a melee weapon other than "cut stuff with his wings".

AlphaBlue4.JPG

(Edit: forgot the logo, decided to only reshoot one of the views with the logo added.)

---Dave

Attachments

• AlphaBlue4.JPG
    AlphaBlue4.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Top Bottom