Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Eh, I don't think a slip of the tongue by a hypocritical former president is worth having a nuclear apocalypse over. I'd also rather NOT have my daughter have to fight off hordes of mutant psychopaths as she makes her way across the wasteland, but hey that's just me.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Seeing how Russian military hardware is working for them in Ukraine, I'm more concerned if Putin pushes the button he'll just end up nuking his own people.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We're 28 pages in. The only person who would remember every thing said and never repeat themselves is Dr. Sheldon Cooper. And that's a fictional character. lol

Ungnome

Citizen
A self-nuked Russia would still likely spread fallout to neighboring countries.

Ungnome

Citizen
It's either the beginning of the end for Putin or a dark day for Russia, depending on how it plays out. Hoping for the former, but despots generally don't go down easy.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's either the beginning of the end for Putin or a dark day for Russia, depending on how it plays out. Hoping for the former, but despots generally don't go down easy.

Sadly these aren't mutually exclusive. Things don't often get better for Russia after the fall of a horrible despot.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
It does feel like historically speaking, Russia is either in the iron grip of a monstrous despot, or tearing itself apart to see who becomes the next monstrous despot.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The track record of Russia's leaders is so bad that Ivan the Terrible is considered one of the good guys.

Cyoti

Citizen
Mmmmm...spicy Russian dissention happening in real time. And Putin couldn't keep this under wraps.
a) Those are members of the communist party, which is basically has become an umbrella party for dissenters and covers everything to anti-mandate anti-vaxxers to people who want to stop the war.
b) The people dying in the war are the poor and ethnic minorities from the outlying regions (aka people in places like these) who are far from the center of power (Moscow/Saint Petersburg). If lawmakers/politicians in Moscow and St. Petersburg started speaking out, Putin may have a problem, but they won't since people from these places aren't dying in Ukraine or even getting conscripted (since they aren't poor or desperate).

Bainreese

Citizen
If we want to see our future should the far right ever get prolonged control, we need only look to Russia today.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Enjoying Radicalized Bainreese. Big improvement from the Good Old Days. Heh.

Good to see you pal.

Top Bottom