Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
All Russia has to do is end the invasion of Ukraine and pull back to pre Feb 24th positions and they can pay their debts. Russia started this, they have the power to end it. It was an internal force that resulted in the sanctions after all, not an external one.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The minute nuclear deterent stops working is the minute we all die because there will be no point in holding them back any longer. India and Pakistan are just looking for an excuse.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Any country with enough money is already looking for a nuclear arsenal anyway, if they don't already have one. They are quite literally meaningless dick-waving (insert "You idiots, we ALL have swords!" meme) until someone's actually stupid enough to use one, then we're all carbon shadows on what's left of the walls.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Meanwhile Putin is just shrugging going "no bigs" and saying that Russia can never actually be isolated from the west

Anonymous X

Citizen
Last night on the TV news we had countless Tory MPs appear telling the public that “Boris” (he’s always referred to by first name only) can’t be forced to resign for breaking the law because he’s the main opposition to Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, unlike surrender monkeys France, Germany and the rest of the EU. I wish I was making that up. (I mean, it’s not like several European countries are still holding scheduled democratic elections during this time.)

Anonymous X

Citizen
Also the UK's out of the EU so he's...really not?

Ironbite-and then there's the whole NATO thing...
Indeed. It’s just gaslighting by the Tories, BBC and rest of the UK media that Johnson is a Churchill figure who’s the sole reason why Putin hasn’t already conquered all of Ukraine.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Meanwhile, from what I understand of Boris Johnson, he's just quietly standing in a corner pissing himself, as part of his "image".

Cyoti

Citizen
Indeed. It’s just gaslighting by the Tories, BBC and rest of the UK media that Johnson is a Churchill figure who’s the sole reason why Putin hasn’t already conquered all of Ukraine.
Boris knows his legacy is going to be "lockdown parties" if he doesn't change the script and he has studied/idolized Churchill enough that if you get the "book" out first, you get to shape the narrative for generations to come.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
All thoroughly planned by putin, as he needs to counter those evil, nazi, ukrainian fish.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Guys it gets worse. They also sunk a piece of the True Cross.

Ironbite-as it was installed on that ship.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i'm agnostic, but if that's a not a sign from god telling putin to **** off, i don't know what is.

Nevermore

Citizen
Russian who is currently living in the Republic of Georgia because he doesn't feel comfortable living in Russia right now under the current circumstances provides his take on the recent poll numbers which indicate that the vast majority of Russians supposedly support the invasion of Ukraine.

In case you're wondering why he's using the propaganda term "special military operation" rather than just calling it a "war", he's explained several times before that he has family currently living in Russia, and he's not sure yet how long he can stay abroad, so he's trying to make sure he doesn't just get arrested upon returning for using an illegal term. He's often putting the term in "air quotes", so he's essentially using the propaganda euphemism ironically.

Shattered Trousers

That thing Ratchet needed.
Citizen
Those poor souls.

Sooner or later everybody finds themselves in the position of working under somebody less intelligent than they are and is given bad instructions.

The only thing you can do in that situation is hope following those instructions doesn't cost you something important, like your job, your family or your life.

~L~

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Or that you can at least take out some of the bastards with you on the way out.

Seriously, I hope we start getting reports of sabotage, fragging, and outright treason among the Russian troops as they start to figure out what they've been pushed into.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
And then we'll see reports of their families being arrested or "disappearing", because they're basically hostages.

Top Bottom