Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dang, and I was just wondering if they fixed it so they could this time. Did they even give Mike enough loops to look like they at least tried?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I may just be paranoid about the nunchucks being fragile. It was my original vintage one that are all messed up. I'm simply not even taking the chance with this one.

As far as loops go, they only gave him three...which is very puzzling to me.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ah, so same as it ever was.

Mikey being my favorite as a kid, I was dismayed when he was the only Storage Shell Turtle who couldn't properly stow his weapons. Even if there were the proper number of loops, the openings were too small for the handles to fit through.

spikeriley

Citizen
And meanwhile, while the Turtles are doing a new movie, The Shredder is already busy infiltrating the battleground of Call of Duty.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ironically, that seems like it would have been a perfect fit for Michael Bay's original vision.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Found all of the Storage Shell turtles at target yesterday. At $12 each how could I not grab my favorite classic turtles?!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I may just be paranoid about the nunchucks being fragile. It was my original vintage one that are all messed up. I'm simply not even taking the chance with this one.

As far as loops go, they only gave him three...which is very puzzling to me.
I had an older neighbor boy give me some sort of micro, possibly handmade, metal nunchakus for my Mikey. Never messed with the actual toy versions since that one had real metal links so it “moved” like the cartoon/movies.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had an older neighbor boy give me some sort of micro, possibly handmade, metal nunchakus for my Mikey. Never messed with the actual toy versions since that one had real metal links so it “moved” like the cartoon/movies.
Sounds sorta like Panthro's from ThunderCats back in the day, except that was all plastic.

I think. Chain might have been metal.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
But this one WAS all metal. The handles were tiny metal rods connected by a mini metal chain. Rods were just a HAIR too small for the figure, but it was good enough for 5 year old Steevy.

Caldwin

Citizen
That sounds so awesome. I tried to attach a real chain to one on the 2012 nunchucks. It...didn't work out 😒

Caldwin

Citizen
C206A67D-2899-4D8E-ABFB-8246BF44D665.png

I like this guys approach.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I still want NECA to do the IDW mutants so badly. Bebop and Rocksteady, Alopex, Herman and Old Hob, Koya and Bludgeon and so many more!

Caldwin

Citizen
C895308A-546C-4DFF-96A1-D7A9D5A367EB.jpeg

I was actually pleasantly surprised to find this at Target today.

2EDF0955-2E44-407E-88D9-247C62492CF4.jpeg

I do wish he were more posable. But I guess the classic toys weren't exactly known for articulation. Still, a better pose would have been preferable. *shrug*

55D009A4-AB06-446B-8EBE-8B7AE25DF264.jpeg

I don't know if it's just his hunched over pose, but he does feel quite a bit smaller than the other classic/vintage toys.

Shadewing

Citizen
Even as a kid, I remember not being fond of Leatherhead becuase of the pose they put him in. He always felt more limited in play becuase of his not being more upright.

Caldwin

Citizen
279ED1D8-EB66-40BD-9BC2-1F136EAA41A9.jpeg

I was so thrilled to find this guy. He was hiding behind some other toys. I very nearly passed him by completely. But a saw him and I got him!

D25D24A5-931F-4C68-89AD-35B6ACE6DA9F.jpeg

More accessories for the bin. Baby Jagwar's cute though.

0D57BB7D-688E-4DBF-AC0C-3F8BC20BBF7B.jpeg

So close! All I need now is Dreadmon.

Top Bottom