Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Grr! Okay, so I ordered the Raphael as Frankenstein's Monster from Amazon. This is what I got.

5C8EBE01-3908-4648-8BCE-10417307D4B0.jpeg

A hugging TV tray! How did they even...? Like seriously..."TV Tray"..."Raph as Frankenstein's Monster." "TV Tray"..."Raph as Frankenstein's Monster." *sigh*

So they refund the money (except for the tax...don't think I didn't notice, Amazon). They even let me keep the tray (whatever the hug I'm supposed to do with it).

I didn't want the money back. I just wanted the toy. But they couldn't do it like that. They had to refund the money. Fine...whatever! So I bought it again, paying the tax a second time, but whatever, I'll just write that off for a brand new TV tray I didn't need.

A couple days later I get this.

A63F836B-DCDE-40B9-9D73-EC504E4ECCF5.jpeg

Well at least they got the right product, but the box is in really rough shape. Normally I wouldn't care because I got it for the toy, not the box. But these TMNT x Universal Monsters boxes have been pretty sweet and I have been keeping them.

Gah! Whatever! I got the right product this time. I'm done fighting.

5935B90A-B7EB-484B-A418-3A19FB9CEE14.jpeg

He looks nice but I couldn't get his sais into the gripping hands and was afraid I'd break them if I tried too hard. So I just put the sais in the holders and kept the stock hands attached. But other than that, I finally got my Raph.

But seriously, what noob at the warehouse mistook a TV tray for a TMNT figure? Just...how?

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
"So they refund the money (except for the tax...don't think I did notice, Amazon). They even let me keep the tray (whatever the hug I'm supposed to do with it)."

Clearly use it to display them when you have all four.

Caldwin

Citizen
CD1DB043-87FA-477A-BABE-2ADD3A175ECB.png

This is out today. The art was good (maybe a little too good for representing an 80's cartoon but I ain't complaining). They threw in just about every villain they could think of. But it makes sense in the context of the story and I rather enjoyed it. The humor overall was much less whacky than the cartoon, but thank goodness for that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for a comic based on the old show, it is reminiscent of the show but also quite different. But all the ways in which it's different it's better off for being different.

Highly recommend.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, BBTS finally processed my order for Adventures Slash. So I guess I'll be getting it soon. Kinda wish they would've waited a couple days for payday. But I guess that's the risk a person takes when preordering. I'll have pictures when it arrives.

Caldwin

Citizen
83C16578-8059-4B58-A060-D52D69BCCC9A.jpeg

This actually arrived a couple days before when BBTS said it would. I sure ain't complaining.

A2733347-9531-4DCC-B4BF-5C41789B2726.jpeg

I must have that Jagwar...probably the Man Ray and DreadMon as well...but definitely Jagwar.

C7AAD1E2-0F9C-4753-B9A2-D071220957CF.jpeg

7876DA93-1AC8-4B8E-B26D-A8C67DF3EFF3.jpeg

Easily my favorite version. Turtles in Time has that stupid grin and the ho hum "pixilated" paint job. Vintage is okay, but doesn't really have that Archie Comics feel that honestly made me love the character in the first place. This new one is totally the Archie version. ❤️😍❤️

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just wish he had an alternate "I'm going to die, but I'm going to make sure they do, too; save yourselves, my friends" head sculpt.

Somehow, that's how I'll always remember him.

Caldwin

Citizen
Armageddon Game #2 is out today and...holy crap!

Cudley gets a last page speaking part! The moved him up from non-speaking cameo to speaking cameo. Hopefully this means he'll get to be a full-fledged character in the near future.

8D520A04-351B-4CE1-A7A8-FE4D66E26D43.png

Caldwin

Citizen
Here's hoping! I never thought there would be a Jagwar or Dread Mon, but those have been confirmed to be coming. So you never know.

Top Bottom