Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Dragon Lord back yet? Dude got done dirty in his only appearance. So much potential, wasted.

Well...depends on how loose you want to get with the idea...

This is...A COMPLETELY different take...but you could say the idea is related. The Shredder in Hell miniseries leading into issue 100 was a ride!

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Yup, that's the new Null. She's been around for awhile, actually. Since IDW's Mutanimals miniseries in 2015. She only just NOW got a origin story, though.

And, yeah, it seems like Tom Waltz has some love for Archie's run. He's brought back a few characters and ideas from that run over the years. Mind, he brings in things from EVERYTHING. Like the Neutrinos from the 80s cartoon. And Darius Dunn from Fast Forward. It's one of the reasons why people like his tenure on the book so much.
That's amazing! I don't suppose he brought back Katmandu and Al'Falqa (spelling) from the turtles were going around the world with Splinter?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Not those two. But, oddly Noi Tai Dar (the demon that gets summoned during the arc where Ninjara first appears) shows up in AG Opening Moves 2, alongside Cudley, Cherubae and Null.

And some of the Intergalactic Wrestling stuff came back up earlier on.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Cryin' Houn'! I always wondered why he was given focus in the Archie TMNT when Ace Duck was just there. (Though it was odd that Ace Duck was a wrestler now, haha)

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh, I saw that vid before. Yeah, the Rise brothers were very affectionate and brotherly with each other.

So it bothered me that they flipped around sometimes on when Rise Donnie was into hugs or not. Like, there's eps that show he wants affection from their dad or a parental figure but they quip sometimes that Donnie wants to keep people at arms length (like how unfortunately it was in the movie, when Raph saves him and Mikey, he says don't worry Donnie, this is not a hug). Be consistent! It's too cliche to have the smart guy be anti social. Rise Donnie at least is into dancing.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Donnie was touchy feely before. I think they just decided to make him cliche 'smart guy anti social' after. Maybe a new writer, I dunno.

Don't have the proper clip proofs but 1:40 here, he was excited to get a hug from his dad (I forget what ep this is)

I know there's scenes with Donnie not wanting people touching him (in the movie?) but Raph makes a joke of it here at 1:34

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
4YWMQJP.jpg

A fine way to start October!

oFVX8Ya.jpg

A totally different aesthetic from Metalhead, but my childhood Turtles were a mix of different themes so this feels kinda appropriate, heh.

P76B6Nn.jpg

FZZnUql.jpg

kUJROcv.jpg

Fmu1LN1.jpg

Now that I'm apparently falling down this rabbit hole I've been looking up what toys I had as a kid, but it's kinda confusing given the loads of imitator toylines I also grew up with.
GmFkcKN.jpg

"Four mutant reptile brothers, you say?"
"Yup. Also four mutant shark brothers."
"Huh."
"And biker mice, and cowboy cows, a space rabbit, hockey ducks, even the president's dog."
"Whoa! Any hero bugs?"
"Actually, yeah! I think they had something to do with easy-bake ovens or something..."

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Mouser vs Rattrap!

The easy bake oven reference is creepy crawlies? I only saw a YouTube vid of that from Toy Galaxy.

I always like original cartoon Baxter Stockman. His toy didn't look like his cartoon version tho, which disappointed me. I wanted the short stature, lithe looking Fly. (Actually, did he shrink from human to fly?). Would have liked him to have a happy ending but, no, still stuck in another dimension with a computer friend. But could pretend the video games meant that he'd be back in normal space.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Baxter Stockman? Happy ending? Those words just don't belong in the same sentence.

Caldwin

Citizen
I vaguely remember a couple episodes of Fast Forward only because I work at a television station that used to air it. I seem to remember some brat that was the child of Casey Jones and a robot...butler?...I think...?

Caldwin

Citizen
Heh! No. I've seen 2003 which is all well and good. But the few memories I do have with Fast Forward don't really make me care to see it again. I sure don't feel much like paying for it.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
There's about five or so really good Fast Forward eps that I remember.

One was the Journal, when the guys read about their terrible future. The other was Baxter's fate, which was heartwarming for me. (Others were seeing the Justice Force again, the solo Evil Twin Leonardo ep. The cameo of the Cowboys of Moo Mesa isn't a good good ep but it's something to note).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
"Headlock Prime" was a very fun episode of Fast Forward, wherein Raph gets to indulge in his unadulterated fanboy love of professional wrestling, and even singlehandedly brings back a level of raw violence to it in a future age where wrestling has basically devolved into little more than a dance without any hint of the violence or pain that made Raph a fan of pro wrestling in the first place.

Caldwin

Citizen
I never did see the movie Tokka and Rahzar toys. So these are the first ones I've been able to get my hands on.

DFE4A5D3-14CC-46EF-B75F-C863F26560F5.jpeg

Rahzar looks decent but I really don't like pea-soup green they used for Tokka.

55040A29-0567-429E-8808-60275399CCB3.jpeg

at least I can finally say I have Tokka and Rahzar in my collection.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Headlock Prime" was a very fun episode of Fast Forward, wherein Raph gets to indulge in his unadulterated fanboy love of professional wrestling, and even singlehandedly brings back a level of raw violence to it in a future age where wrestling has basically devolved into little more than a dance without any hint of the violence or pain that made Raph a fan of pro wrestling in the first place.
Ooh, I gotta see that one now.
Rahzar looks decent but I really don't like pea-soup green they used for Tokka.

55040A29-0567-429E-8808-60275399CCB3.jpeg
Pretty accurate to the cartoon version which this pack is based on, though.

1664860517705.png

Top Bottom