Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I didn't see any instructions. I looked.

Maybe they just figured people would be smart enough to figure these things out. Obviously, in my case it least, they were mistaken, about a great.many.things.

Caldwin

Citizen
You know I love these things. Let's just get into it.

b0HZyi5.jpg

Can you guess what's in the box?

Uh...the name's right on the box.

Hush! No hints!

pIvvIoI.jpg

I really love these slip covers.

zqeOhfd.jpg

Not as many accessories as some of the others. Hands, head and skateboard. But then, the original didn't have a lot with it either.

cpM5aTQ.jpg

Out of the box.

18bWmLe.jpg

Comparison with the original. I like that hand design.

3rSRgCh.jpg

They actually did some interesting work on the skateboard design. I love the flame design.

l4pweim.jpg

I wanted to get a different angle so you could see the tail skate. Super 7 does a good job in taking parts that were in the original mold and making them pop out more.

m1KtqrJ.jpg

It's a shame there aren't any Jagwar or Dread Mon toys. At some point I'll have to see if I can find a Ray Fillet toy. There's a preorder for a Super 7 coming up on BBTS.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
You know I love these things. Let's just get into it.

b0HZyi5.jpg

Can you guess what's in the box?

Uh...the name's right on the box.

Hush! No hints!

pIvvIoI.jpg

I really love these slip covers.

zqeOhfd.jpg

Not as many accessories as some of the others. Hands, head and skateboard. But then, the original didn't have a lot with it either.

cpM5aTQ.jpg

Out of the box.

18bWmLe.jpg

Comparison with the original. I like that hand design.

3rSRgCh.jpg

They actually did some interesting work on the skateboard design. I love the flame design.

l4pweim.jpg

I wanted to get a different angle so you could see the tail skate. Super 7 does a good job in taking parts that were in the original mold and making them pop out more.

m1KtqrJ.jpg

It's a shame there aren't any Jagwar or Dread Mon toys. At some point I'll have to see if I can find a Ray Fillet toy. There's a preorder for a Super 7 coming up on BBTS.
A NECA Dreadmon and Jagwar are in the works.

Comic Ray Fillet as well.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
A NECA Dreadmon and Jagwar are in the works.

Comic Ray Fillet as well.
That's amazing. I'm glad they're doing the comics Mutanimals. Though I like the comic Wingnut over the bellied TV Wingnut.

It still hurts how they were killed off in the backup story of the Archie comic. Done so bloodlessly too, which made it a little more horrible. The profile book said the Gang of Four fired sonic bullets that vibrated their hearts into bursting.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, it feels like TMNT II: The Arcade Game gets a bad rap these days. But back then, porting an arcade game down to much weaker hardware wasn't the exception, it was practically the rule, and TMNT II did it well.

I would argue that the third one is a better game, of course, as they had an idea of what worked and what didn't in II, and could tailor-make everything for the NES then. But still...

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It kind of feels like the bad rap Switch ports have gotten over the years, especially of more modern titles. No, they aren't perfect conversions, and compromises are obvious...but you have to give props to having Doom 2016, Eternal and Witcher 3 playable on a mobile SoC from 2013

Caldwin

Citizen
New Ebay acquisition.
4DF2755F-8E39-4BFD-BF77-BA0FF55DEC28.jpeg

I snapp the kunai in half trying to get it out of the box. So I guess be really careful (or make sure to have some gorilla glue).

BD371DE9-B27A-463E-8061-46FD87745E54.jpeg

It's a nice cloak. I absolutely love how they include what you would need to go incognito.

2FBE7A90-F34A-4AEA-AC18-4E90A044DE0E.jpeg

But I think this is how I'll be displaying him.

E208B90F-4EEF-4252-8269-EB10AB66560C.jpeg

Follow the white rabbit, Leo.

B648AEE8-880F-4A2C-91B7-5C5BC1356715.jpeg

When it comes to rabbit, beware when they start multiplyin.

E9FD8479-9808-4818-867D-18EC7D7F4825.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
He looked very much like the NECA figure above. So yeah, they did design him right.

It was kind of a double edged blade with the Fred Wolf interpretation though. In a world where: Casey Jones is a one-note Clint Eastwood caricature, Leatherhead is a villain, Baxter Stockman is white, the turtles themselves are fourth-wall-breaking characters with barely a serious bone in their body...the actual character of Miyamoto Usagi was actually done fairly respectfully.

On the other side of the blade, Sabrblade does have a point. Because of this show, I was well into my 30's before I knew that his name was Miyamoto Usagi and not Usagi Yojimbo.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I also thought his name was Usagi Yojimbo. Haha

What I remember the most about his original toon appearance was his unique soft voice. He sounded peaceful. So it was jarring to heal the harsh voice in the 2003 version.

Top Bottom