Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Honestly, I think it's been the IDW comics. They're doing pretty well with all of the characters honestly.

Donatello used to be there in the background. IDW...I don't if they've actually done any more or less with him than what I've seen before, but for whatever reason, I began noticing him more.

Caldwin

Citizen
I got these today from Amazon.

DCC02A46-9B88-452A-B92C-5E875EC4B42B.jpeg

I wish these came separately. I already had Raph and only wanted the Triceraton. And as much as I usually want just about every Shredder I can get my hands on, even the Amazon pic just looked really bad and I really only wanted Donny.

ED75ABC9-A154-420A-BF1A-D2E5ACB73C4D.jpeg

So this is the first Triceraton I've ever owned. Looks pretty nice imo.

A953F23A-3801-46F7-A044-B0D37B01ADBF.jpeg

I'm adding to my Donatello collection. But this Shredder! First and foremost, the pauldrons hover well above the shoulder. It just looks bad. The arm guards are okay, but the shin guards look like they're missing a few blades. The cape...maybe I'm just spoiled by Neca, but stiff, plastic capes are just meh!

091D632A-C6A4-4F71-8C1D-C2A6C5501D67.jpeg

So now I have all of the turtles in this style. Really the only problem I have with the turtles are the derp eyes. If Playmates is trying to make this their premium toy line, they could at least get the eyes right.

CC5B368D-1C60-4961-8248-16575284F873.jpeg

These are actually pretty nice though (except for Shredder).

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm intrigued, but after Phelous's recent episode-by-episode tear down of the entire thing, does this guy offer any new insights?

If so, I'm in. Otherwise, I kinda lived it twice, so...

Caldwin

Citizen
Sorry, but that guy was just boring to listen to for 20 minutes. I already know everyone I've talked to who's seen it has said that it sucks. So seeing someone else listing the reasons...plus the guy was boring to listen to.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
I got these today from Amazon.

View attachment 6310

I wish these came separately. I already had Raph and only wanted the Triceraton. And as much as I usually want just about every Shredder I can get my hands on, even the Amazon pic just looked really bad and I really only wanted Donny.

View attachment 6311

So this is the first Triceraton I've ever owned. Looks pretty nice imo.

View attachment 6312

I'm adding to my Donatello collection. But this Shredder! First and foremost, the pauldrons hover well above the shoulder. It just looks bad. The arm guards are okay, but the shin guards look like they're missing a few blades. The cape...maybe I'm just spoiled by Neca, but stiff, plastic capes are just meh!

View attachment 6313

So now I have all of the turtles in this style. Really the only problem I have with the turtles are the derp eyes. If Playmates is trying to make this their premium toy line, they could at least get the eyes right.

View attachment 6314

These are actually pretty nice though (except for Shredder).
Triceraton looks ok, and I ALMOST ordered the set for just him a few months back, but thankfully Super7 announced theirs so I'll just wait for the much better (to me) looking version.

That Shredder is indeed crap though...WTF Playmates?

Caldwin

Citizen
Triceraton looks ok, and I ALMOST ordered the set for just him a few months back, but thankfully Super7 announced theirs so I'll just wait for the much better (to me) looking version.

That Shredder is indeed crap though...WTF Playmates?
*googles*

Oh, that does look nice. I may consider that. Thing is, I already have the Last Ronan figure pre-ordered. Depending on how closely they're released to each other, I may have to wait.

Caldwin

Citizen
New issue. Came out today. I like Venus so far. I really don't like how this artist is drawing Alopex though. Yeah, I know I've already said that, but it's really bugging the hell out of me, which is unfortunate because I really do like the art otherwise.

So it looks like they're finally escaping the clinic but then they ran into the Seri...or more accurately, Seri ran into them.

I do like the expanding cast and I'm finding quite a few interesting characters to follow. But I have to admit that I'm kinda fearful that they may overdo it and wind up with more characters than they know what to do with. I certainly hope the fore cast doesn't get shoved out of the spotlight in their own title.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Limited Run Games did their "not-E3" presentation today. It's worth a watch by itself for Mega64's fantastic recreation of a crappy FMV game from the 90s.

LRG will be involved with the physical distribution for Shredder's Revenge. Not an LRG exclusive and should be available at other major retailers. In addition the basic version, there's a steel book deluxe edition and a fancy super duper collector version with fancy things like a strategy guide, arcade replica and exclusive Shredder retro figure.

And all preorders will seemingly get a free coupon for a Pizza Hut personal pan pizza!

Caldwin

Citizen
While the extra stuff does sound nice, I'm already spending quite a bit on the collectors edition of the Cowabunga Collection. Plus, since the digital version is coming out first, I'll probably just get Shredder's Revenge digitally on Switch.

It's good to know it's coming so soon. Having finished my latest play through of Mass Effect last week, I'm looking for a new game.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Fury Toys not Leonardo is back up for pre-order.

Caldwin

Citizen
CASEY!!!!!

Woah! And 6 player mode? That's pretty awesome...if the online is good enough, cause I'm pretty sure I don't have 5 IRL friends to make it worth it otherwise.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
LRG still hasn't put pre orders up, but they have posted details on the various editions planned for Shredder's Revenge:
Your basic physical version for $34.99, which includes a mini art book and pixel stickers.
A steel book edition which comes in a fancy VHS slipcover and VHS box (sized to hold both the game and Steel book), pixel stickers and a mini art book 64.99
And the Radical Edition, featuring all these goodies:
  • Physical Copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge for Nintendo Switch with Reversible Cover and Action Figure Style Blister Box Packaging
    • Blister box packaging includes trap door on back for easy removal of the game without damaging the card!
  • Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Switch Sized SteelBook
  • Deluxe Playset Style Box (art to be shown later) With Slipcover
  • Mini Arcade Cabinet Replica/ Movie Viewer, Plays the Game’s Trailer
    • Plays Video and Sound Only
  • Physical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge Soundtrack CD
  • Art Booklet (Inside the Standard Game Case)
  • Retro VHS Sleeve With VHS Tape Box (sized to store the game and SteelBook)
  • Full Length Strategy Guide
  • 18" x 24" Poster
  • 3D Shadow Box
  • Exclusive reissue of the original retro Shredder action figure with cartoon accurate colors from Playmates
  • Sprite Stickers
For a whopping $199.99

And yes, ALL of them offer a free personal pan Pizza from Pizza Hut. Ironically, I'm not sure my local Pizza Huts even make Personal pans anymore.

Top Bottom