Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I have one more coming. Then I lay low for a bit until I get another paycheck. I just happened to realize I had a bit of a Donatello deficiency and happened to see one on Amazon that comes with Batgirl. Win win!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
God there’s still like 3 or four different April Mutations to do yet. Fish woman from the Ray Fillet episode, Wasp Queen from when Baxter turned everyone in channel 6 buggy off the top of my head. And not a Mutant look but there’s Red Sky April in the brown jacket too.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, I never understood this: Why is it sometimes called the "Turtle Van" (the name I best remember it being called) and sometimes called the "Party Wagon"?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pretty much.

As for the actual why?

No idea. For being "toy commercials," cartoons in the '80s and '90s were terrible for having what was on screen resemble what was on the shelf.

I did an article about the vehicles in a few cartoons and how they were different from what you could buy. Probably makes it easy to see why this is so appealing to me.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Party Wagon? I mean, sure, everyone wants to party, but it doesn't exactly say "I'm a Turtles product" to me and it's not really even a wagon. Here, Imma help you out here. You need Turtle in the name somewhere. And you know what? Let's call it what it is. It's a van. Sooo...Van Turtle...Turtle Van. That's it. Turtle Van.

But we already sent out all the toys to the stores, sir.

Yup, from now on, it's the Turtle van.

But...sir...

I'll go let the show writers know.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Pretty much.

As for the actual why?

No idea. For being "toy commercials," cartoons in the '80s and '90s were terrible for having what was on screen resemble what was on the shelf.
I kind of figured it was a situation where the cartoon was given the working or initial name…and just never bothered to change it. Not that I think it really mattered, it was a Turtles toy and van.

Kids says “I want Turtle Van!” And there’s really only one option for most of the line’s existence. I do wonder if the News6 Van didn’t start out as a “Party Wagon version 2” or maybe a legit “Turtle Van” given the Toon branding.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
received_4945891018851589.jpeg

Attachments

• received_931452777535819.jpeg
    received_931452777535819.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 52

Top Bottom