Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
8572704C-E8E8-4060-B211-DDE893A6F14A.jpeg
Good LORD, that Metalhead is WAY bigger than I thought it would be!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
This came from E-Bay a lot quicker than I thought it would.

LeZyisS.jpg

Here's a comparison with some other TMNT toys. He dwarfs the old vintage toys. He's not as much taller than the other movie Shredder as I thought he'd be...but he's still quite a bit taller. Also quite a bit taller than Metalhead and even (barely) nudges out the pizza monster.

wCGA447.jpg

Here's a comparison with just the old Super Shredder. A cape is included. I like the spear more than the mace (though neither one were in the movie). You can definitely see his ripped abs on NECA where as the old toy it's just his shirt. I should also point out that the pokey points actually are rather pokey, particularly the studs on his belt. So, don't go getting this for your child. They'll poke an eye out.

ZfQSFuK.jpg

You can see what Shredder toys I have on page 7. These are my three NECA ones and probably my three most favorite.

NOcRzud.jpg

And because...you know...Kevin Nash...

Caldwin

Citizen
So...I'm kinda irked. I just completed my ComiXology collection of the TMNT Adventures collections (aka the Archie series). Seems these collections leave out issues 32-37 and Mutanimals 4-5.

I'm pretty sure I probably have these physically at home (I'll have to check later to be sure), but that kinda defeats the point of having the whole collection with me wherever I go on my phone.

So...yeah...be wary of these collections I guess.

MrBlud

Citizen
NECA said the following are being “retired” so any stock still available, that’s it.
926D55DF-6831-45C6-B915-CA5BD24C974B.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
I didn't even know about that cat April. *goes to ebay* Thank goodness I already have all my groceries and Fridays payday. I've been getting quite a few NECA figures lately.

In other news, issue 127 is out now...as well as the annual.

So I'm guessing Sheena is either dead, mutilated into something monstrous or used for parts to make Venus. My money is on being used for parts for Venus...which if she's lucky, probably also means dead. I saw some preview, so I knew Venus was coming, but I didn't realize she'd be coming this soon.

I don't know if this is a "depending on the artist" thing, but Alopex was missing her blue coloring around the eyes and I'm not sure I like it.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I got all four of mine the other day. I wasn't prepared for just how hard they'd hit my nostalgia. I USUALLY prefer show accuracy, but seeing all 4 together just looks...right.

Xellos

Citizen
I am so torn... I just got the Ultimates GitD Mutagen Man and Metalhead very recently, and the nostalgia has hit hard.

The NECA are great looking, but I always worry about NECA QC, which is why, while I have found almost everything (for the Target show design ones) except the April O'Neil 2pack, I have only opened a few, and they have been very recent (like wanting to compare the Metalheads).

I am starting to taste the Ultimates, but my wallet does not like it... Also does not help that I had tons of the toys, but did not watch as much by the time they were on the show.

Also, I really wish they were either 6in scale or 1/12.... My figmas, figuarts, Revoltech, and the Hasbo 6in lines still look pretty good together. These tower over too much...

Caldwin

Citizen
Thing is, I like these collectors toys with all the articulation and details and stuff. But it would be nice if they had some decent $10-$20 line (not those garbage Reaction figures) that are just average toys.

Also, I really love retro characters and all, but IDW has come up with some really interesting characters too: Jennika, Alopex, Hob. Let's maybe get those characters in a more affordable toy.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Thing is, I like these collectors toys with all the articulation and details and stuff. But it would be nice if they had some decent $10-$20 line (not those garbage Reaction figures) that are just average toys.
Dude, I could ramble for days on that subject. Hell, I might just post a thread on that tomorrow.
It’s why one of my favorite lines at the moment is Spinmaster’s Batman line. They’ve done a great job in ensuring that major variations of Batman are available, but have hit a REALLY nice spread of villains and allies since the line launched. They’re “good enough” with decent articulation and deco for $9-10.

Sadly, “good enough” isn’t good enough anymore.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen

Also, I really love retro characters and all, but IDW has come up with some really interesting characters too: Jennika, Alopex, Hob. Let's maybe get those characters in a more affordable toy.
Look into the BST AXN line. I think theyre exclusive to Walmart.

Got all my S7 Ultimates displayed today. Theyre lookin incredible!

Caldwin

Citizen
My Walmart is crap when it comes to TMNT. It's barely adequate when it comes to MotU. Amazon, I specifically typed in BST AXN and it still gives me Super 7 and NECA.

BBTS seems to have a selection but it's all preorder...and you can check the MotU thread to see my opinions of BBTS pre-order practices.

I mean, if I do happen to see some of those, I'll consider it. Still, $20 was that upper limit.

Steevy Maximus... I'm looking forward to that thread, because I think it may be a discussion worth having.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
*looks at the date*

Okay, as far as I know, this is real. Usagi Yojimbo's getting his own cartoon on Netflix on April 28...sorta. This seems to be a sequel set in the future (thought not as far in the future as Space Usagi).

Maybe it deserves it's own thread...but Usagi Yojimbo isn't exactly the biggest name. And given how many times Usagi's shown up in TMNT shows, there's...a non-zero chance the TMNT could show up in this one.

It looks...okay. Maybe the animation is a little stiff in places, but it could be fun.

This does kind of explain a new character in the comics, Yukichi, Usagi's cousin, who has a...similar design and name to the main character in the new cartoon. (Yuichi/Yukichi)

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It's real. It's been announced previously and it was on Netflix's release calendar before today. Though I believe this was our first real look at the show. It doesn't look too bad really. Could be a fun watch.

Top Bottom