Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So you ever know this old guy who keeps running these slide shows that no one cares about but hell if he ain't gonna make sure to make sure you sit through every last boring minute of it? I'm not asking for any particular reason...just a random thought.

CkTxOjE.jpg

TMNT Arcade 1Up. This may be made unnecessary once the Cowabunga Collection comes out. But hey, I love it.

vrklWIZ.jpg

Yeah, I think I'm going to have quite a few games that will be unneeded when the collection comes out. TMNT 1, Manhattan Project, Hyperstone Heist and Tournament Fighters were eBay buys. TMNT Arcade Game and Turtles in Time I've actually had since they came out.

IPbqe6I.jpg

I can't even watch the 80's Cartoon anymore. It's just so cringe. Still, it's nice to know I have a few episodes if I'm in the mood for some cheese.

eEleo6d.jpg

I forget the names of all of these. The thing on the left is kinda pointless without any gak to go with it. The middle thing came that way from a vintage toy store. I mostly just got it for the Leonardo that came with it. The thing on the right is interesting, I guess. At least its functional.

TbFW8jO.jpg

So, top row are vintage 80's turtles...and Venus. Venus I got from eBay. The others I had since I was a kid. That's a storage shell Donatello next to her.

Second row, NECA Mirage turtles.

Third row...one of the Nickelodeon shows I believe...maybe? I think it was like the first or second show after the 2003 series?

Fourth row, I forget what company did these, but they were highly detailed and articulated toys based on the 80's show...so yeah, I nabbed 'em up...except for Donny.

Fifth Row: NECA Movie turtles. Raph came with Casey Jones. Don't worry, he's coming later.

Sixth Row: random turtles. Raph from the TMNT vs. Batman series, Raph from TMNT vs. Cobra Kai, the Leo that came with that Mecha I mentioned earlier and some electrocuted NECA Arcade turtle I got from Loot Crate.

h9Ww7s7.jpg

Neca Mirage Shredder (loot crate), Vintage 80's Shredder (owned since I was a kid), Neca Movie Shredder, Playmates Super Shredder (complete Shredder from vintage toy store, missing grieves shredder from eBay), 2003 Shredder, I've been told this is the CGI Movie Shredder and finally TMNT vs Batman Shredder. Neca Movie is my favorite.

Oe7LNXH.jpg

Various foot soldiers. It's a good thing these guys aren't lumberjacks.

mSdySzh.jpg

Two forms of Karai.

lOB5Ti3.jpg

The first two Aprils I've had since I was a kid. The second one I got at a vintage toy store. NECA April I'm not too fond of. If I didn't already know, I would never think that's supposed to be April. I've had the first Splinter since I was a kid. Obviously the other Splinter is NECA Movie Splinter. Vintage Usagi I got from a vintage toy store. The other Usagi I got from...ebay? I think?

lz9Vfrd.jpg

Various other villains I have more than one toy of. The vintage Rocksteady, Bebop and Mouser I've had since I was a kid. Slash I got from eBay. NECA Rocksteady is from Lootcrate, Bebop came in a pack with one of the turtles. Arcade Slash came from eBay. The small mousers actually came with NECA April.

Nnkhob6.jpg

And these are characters I only have one toy for. Best version of Casey Jones, some Neutrino (vintage toy store), Mona Lisa (eBay), Mondo Gecko (owned since I was a kid), Baxter Stockman (owned since I was a kid), General Traag (Owned since I was a kid), Krang (owned since I was a kid.

Those two little click and play things I have no idea where I got them or why. But...well...there ya go!

Not pictures...the crap ton of comics I own because...dayum!

MrBlud

Citizen
Crazy that the 2003 series isn’t available to purchase in full anywhere. It is on Paramount+ though

Caldwin

Citizen
They didn't have Super 7. Honestly, where I am, if you find anything TMNT, you pretty much have to jump on it. Super 7 does look nice, but I'm more than happy with my NECA.

Shadewing

Citizen
Well they are also two different Metalheads. One is very much trying to be a modern version of the original toy, while the other is trying to be as animation accurate as possible. So the latter not having Chrome is acceptable, imo.

Caldwin

Citizen
So here's a question. The final part of Last Ronin is scheduled to come out next month. Who's going to need to go back and read the previous comics to get back into it?

Personally, it feels like it's been so long since the last issue, I'm definitely going to need a refresher.

Mat-Man

Citizen
So here's a question. The final part of Last Ronin is scheduled to come out next month. Who's going to need to go back and read the previous comics to get back into it?

Personally, it feels like it's been so long since the last issue, I'm definitely going to need a refresher.

It had been so long between the last issue and the one before it I stopped reading then, opting to wait for the series to finish. I'll read the whole thing in one go after the final one allegedly comes out...

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, the last issue came out in September, so it's been 7 months. And this miniseries started in October of 2020. So...fair enough if you have to reread it to remember everything. Even with oversized issues, that's a fairly long time for a 5 issue miniseries.

Shattered Trousers

That thing Ratchet needed.
Citizen

I'm definitely going to need to go back to the beginning.

I read the first three as they came out and... well, honestly, it's just alright.

I feel like this would've blown the doors off an airplane hanger if this were the next Turtles book published by Eastman and Laird after Mirage issue 11.
There would've been nothing like it, no precedent, it would've stunned everybody.

Now, after so many stories, so many dystopian futures and alternative worlds, this is just another dark possible future where the Turtles have failed to protect their own and it us up to one remaining hero to save the day.

I just hope there will be something in the finale to distinguish this from being another Same As It Never Was.

"Remember, the Shredder is always watching."

It had been so long between the last issue and the one before it I stopped reading then, opting to wait for the series to finish. I'll read the whole thing in one go after the final one allegedly comes out...

Couldn't remember what the timeline was. I was wondering.

The release timeline is pretty dire.

Issue 1 - October 28th 2020
four months later...
Issue 2 - February 27th 2021
three months later...
Issue 3 - May 26th 2021
four months later...
Issue 4 - September 22nd 2021
seven months later...
Issue 5 - April 20th 2022

I know, I know, once it's out in hardcover nobody will remember the delays, or so they say.

Well, I do remember it has been an exceptionally long time, even longer since the first issue was delayed because it all had to be totally redrawn after Andy Khun left the project and the Escorza brothers were brought on board.

~L~

Top Bottom