New Target Collaborative

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
So today they are launching preorders at Target. I thought it was the Goldbug set but this is what I found.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-053255_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-053255_Chrome.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 130

Dvandom

Citizen
Hard pass on Tonkanator. I have Ryu vs. Chun Li and still haven't gotten around to opening it after several years....

---Dave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I believe Tonkanator is the first time that molds that were originally Constructicons have been redecoed into Autobots.
I think you might be right.

The closest only other time I can think of are the pretooled Autobot heads of the CW Constructicons, but those never saw release.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
If you (general you) were really determined to make me be wrong and didn't care whether your argument actually made sense, you could probably string together some Road Hauler-related technicalities and come up with an absurd but superficially legitimate-looking claim that the Inferno/Grapple mold was originally a Constructicon.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Tonkanator toy bio (if you can call it that):

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
That'd be hilarious if he's upsized like a KO and they didn't tell anyone. Even the box to the Wal-mart reissue is only 15" long, but yeah - I think they got confused and pulled the measurements from Big D.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
I had a good chuckle at the boxart where they're playing fetch with one of those big round concrete balls that are found outside the entrances of a lot of Targets.

NovaSaber

Citizen
I guess there's not a dog-to-gun/bow mold available (not that Ravage is a dog either, but he makes a better one than Arrowstripe would have), but Bullseye not being a Targetmaster seems like a wasted opportunity.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I don't quite see/understand what the "dog" is supposed to be in alt mode. Since it isn't really a cassette, is it just supposed to be a tablet or something?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess he's a package...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I guess there's not a dog-to-gun/bow mold available (not that Ravage is a dog either, but he makes a better one than Arrowstripe would have), but Bullseye not being a Targetmaster seems like a wasted opportunity.

There's Chainclaw, the wolf-to-chainsaw targetmaster, but he doesn't really look at all like Bullseye. Ravage is actually probably closer and/or cuter.

Top Bottom