New Quantum Leap?

electricidad

Citizen
Short answer: Probably not.

Long answer: Scott Bakula was on a podcast talking about the possibility, and it is far off: https://gizmodo.com/scott-bakula-thinks-quantum-leap-may-have-another-leap-1847714693

I thought Quantum Leap's finale was perfect. Sam chooses to keep leaping, and keep helping others for as long as he can. (There was some other stuff in the finale about meeting a bartender who may or may not be God (or the entity guiding Sam's leaps), but this was not the weirdest aspect of the show.)

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Considering that there was another leaper there who had been doing it for a long time I got the impression that yes, he never returned home, and may have become a forever leaper like that other person. Although, the other leaper means that there's room for a sequel series about another leaper besides Sam - reboot wihtout rebooting.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
For a while there was talk about a new show that featured Sam's daughter that we didn't know about leaping in search for her father (or something) as a soft reboot. But that was a long, long time ago and nothing ever came of it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
For a while there was talk about a new show that featured Sam's daughter that we didn't know about leaping in search for her father (or something) as a soft reboot. But that was a long, long time ago and nothing ever came of it.
That would be awesome!

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
As I recall, the daughter was supposed to specifically be Sammy Jo, Sam's daughter via Abigail Fuller from the Trilogy of episodes in Season 5.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To be fair, I kind of liked the ending to the series. I know it was a rushed one, but I like the idea that Sam never stopped helping people, and just kept leaping until he eventually died.

Top Bottom