New pictures of “Reformatting” Galvatron and accessories!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm not keen on that Galvatron look, I know they call it reformating but it just looks horrible, easy pass for me, I'm not that intrested in the accessories either!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It's an interesting idea, but the final product doesn't do it for me. And I've no use for an accessory pack for a toy I couldn't remotely afford.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think he looks more like GalvaTRON than him being reformatted - I'm sure someone has already said that.
PicsArt_1634507488089.png

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't need another Galvatron, but I would buy the hell out of that accessory pack were it available separately.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
It's nice that Hasbro wanted to do a "reformatting" version of Galvatron, but yeah, this misses the mark pretty far. I get that they wanted to add in touches that weren't there originally, to make it more visually appealing, but this doesn't look anywhere close to the scene in the movie.

Ultimately though, and as much as I have tried, I just can't seem to like the Galvatron toy. It is, IMO, the best official toy Galvatron that we have ever gotten, but the wonky upper body proportions, the huge, goofy tank treads and tiny feet are just too much for me to get past. So even if this thing had managed to copy the exact scene from the movie in 3d form, I still would not have been interested.

As Doncropolis said though, I would buy an accessory pack that was not attached to this figure. However, Hasbro knows what they are doing: you must also buy the gilded turd if you want the extras for your Unicron display.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
I'm a sucker for translucent purple AND Tron. As such I think he looks awesome, but I still don't know what I'll do with him.

I'd definitely be curious as to what they were thinking with this. They just did the reformatted Megatron, so they obviously know what it should look like... just not sure how they came up with this paint scheme.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man, I really had no desire to get this until I started seeing him in good lighting and in different poses. The cannon colors are wonderful and the line work is amazing.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I dig it, but I gotta cap my versions of this Galvatron at two -- which is already one more than I usually tend to buy of any mold, especially at this price point.

That is, assuming I get the normal one.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I dig it, but I gotta cap my versions of this Galvatron at two -- which is already one more than I usually tend to buy of any mold, especially at this price point.

That is, assuming I get the normal one.
Me too. The Takara "Selects" toy version Galvatron costs 8,000 yen!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Kingdom Galvatron = Cartoon Galvatron
Selects Galvatron = Marvel Galvatron (I or II)
Reformatted Galvatron = Beast Wars: Uprising Galvatron. The Mad Tyrant. The Destroyer of Worlds. The Worst Cybertronian in history. And, in this form, the living embodiment of the G-Virus.

Blot

Citizen
I could certainly enjoy the accessories, no real want or need for the Galvatron. But it looks like the ships continue the complete lack of compatibility that Galvatron's pack-in guns/ships had, as there's no way to actually display them on the stand that came with Unicron.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Really hope Toyhax makes some fading 'grid' stickers for this guy.

If and when I get this (a LOT depends on the price) I will almost definitely sell off the mini-everythings.

Dake

Citizen
I could certainly enjoy the accessories, no real want or need for the Galvatron. But it looks like the ships continue the complete lack of compatibility that Galvatron's pack-in guns/ships had, as there's no way to actually display them on the stand that came with Unicron.

Yeah, I don't completely understand why they don't come with additional arms for the Unicron stand - or a smaller stand w/arms so they can stand on their own for those that don't have Unicron, but can be taken apart and added to the Unicron stand.

I don't know if they just decided, "Oh, we'll let the Shapeways community fix it" and didn't even bother.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Until this conversation, I had completely forgotten that the Unicron stand only has one arm for a ship. I had it firmly in mind that it had an arm on either side. Had to go and look at the stand to confirm I was misremembering.

In light of that, yeah, the absence of any additional arms is bizarre. Hopefully it's just like the concern about Pipes only having one cannon, and it's just that we've only seen pics of incomplete leaked copies.

Top Bottom