Netflix Live Action Cowboy Bebop Series

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The trailer feels like a live action version of the anime, which really is about as high praise as you can get.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
The original wasn't afraid to get silly and a bit experimental, while still balancing it out with solid noir drama. At the very least, I see genuine creativity and respect for the original here.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
I may or may not have just had a religious experience...

I just watched the trailer, and then the opening credits...

It's a beautiful thing.

(I knew the show existed, but I didn't know much beyond that... probably caught a late-night episode or two on Cartoon Network 20ish years ago.)

This looks ridiculously awesome, and I love the music, too.

Paladin

Citizen
i'm sure this is just dropping because it's ready and is IN NO WAY intended as a big shiny distraction from their employee walkouts.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Conspiracy much?
Sure the timing is there but the series is just a couple weeks out. It was probably happening either way.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
while i do like the show, im not a huge fan like some people. ive only seen the anime a few times, but this certainly "feels" right. ill be watching when i can. hopefully each ep ends with "see you space cowboy" or we riot!!

Paladin

Citizen

maybe we can STOP now with the whole "adapting anime into live-action" thing?

It has never, ever, ever, ever, EVER worked.

Thefakelink

Citizen
I’m willing to try watching it all the way through. Based on the reviews I’ve read, I’m expecting a Watchmen (film) level of quality. Which is to say, some cool scenes and sequences but ultimately less than the sum of its parts. Definitely less than the story it’s adapting.

Thefakelink

Citizen
I’m in the middle of episode 2 right now. Its very much a mixed bag but I’m liking it more than I’m disliking it. Although I was spoiled regarding the inclusion of a certain character and I wasn’t impressed with the result. I do like that it’s not an exact replica of the anime the way I thought it would be. Yes it duplicates certain scenes and story beats but it tries to be its own thing with varying results. The comparisons to a remix are apt.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I just finished the first episode and I was surprised to discover that I didn't hate it. I'm not sure I like it either though.

Top Bottom