MYM - Chap2, Ep5: "The Cutie Mark Mix-Up"..............................(SPOILERS)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen

Hitch and Sunny time!
And there seems to be a switcheroo.
What's life like in each other's shoes?

The episode is now available on Netflix

SYNOPSIS:

The Cutie Mark Mix-Up

Sunny and Hitch learn what it's like to trot in each others' horseshoes.
Opaline sends a spy to the Crystal Brighthouse, where animals are running amok!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Cutie Mark Mix-Up

0:14 Nice hat.

1:35 Everyone is surprised that didn't end badly.

3:21 They should already know it won't end well when these vines are involved.

4:28 Something will hit Pipp's head every episode.

7:48 This argument may seem silly. Making smoothies doesn't seem that hard. On paper Hitch has the more important job. But Hitch's whole character dilemma is that his job isn't as important as he imagined it would be. Sunny was the biggest troublemaker in town. Most days Hitch's job just doesn't make a difference.

8:15 Don't play D&D with Izzy.

9:21 Zipp's Perception stat is through the roof. It's actually refreshing that someone noticed this situation immediately.

10:34 Oh that's where the first episode's shadow budget went.

11:25 With great power comes great hats.

11:35 Hitch has been on the job for less than a second and already had a fall. Someone needs to inspect this cart because it is clearly cursed.

14:14 Zipp is absolutely that friend who holds the camera in a found footage movie.

15:06 Hitch is learning a valuable lesson. The only thing wrong with this job is the customers.

20:06 Oh my god she killed it.

20:48 Sunny has lost all control of her house.

Meh. It's a little early in the show to be doing a switcheroo plot but at least this one didn't do a bunch of painful attempted comedy.

The Misty abuse has not gotten old yet.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Cutie Mark Mix Up:

That armadillo has AMAZING hair. Why does it look so much like Hitch?

Hitch has HAT! Applejack’s legacy lives on!

Did they just MAKE the giant novelty scissors or did they use magic to make a pair grow?

Note to self: Zipp makes a note for herself: Earth Pony magic is officially called Flora Magic.

Unicorns have Float Magic, and Pegasi have Flight Magic. It’s a theme. Along with Hitch’s exclusive Fauna Magic. Why all F’s? We’ll probably never know…

Posey really got downgraded after being a villain in the Special. She hasn’t even gotten a line yet. Dahlia’s a bigger part of this show so far than Posey.

Pear-nana-melons…they’ll be creating Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors soon enough.

The animals are invading…did they get chased out of their homes? They’re going to have to build another animal sanctuary somewhere by the end of the episode, aren’t they?

Be-lizzle will NOT be a thing. Stop trying to make it a thing.

They’re going to end up posting that Izzy sneezing into Zipp’s arms video later aren’t they? It’s actually impressive her sneeze can give her so much lift.

“Keeping a eye on Pipp and ZIpp for Queen haven huh? Yeah that does sound boring” OOF, Hitch, kinda mean.

Opaline isn’t at full power. Misty didn’t know that either.

Misty likes animals.

Also Opaline can CREATE LIFE FROM NOTHING! How is her power compromised again? Did she use to have COSMIC GODLIKE level powers?

The Prisbeam Power! I think this is the first time the Rainbow Brighthouse’s rainbow has been called that.

Also, it seems like Misty thinks that Opaline CONTROLS Cutie Mark Magic? It seems like she thinks Opaline can GIVE her a cutie mark rather than earning one for herself.

“Easy Sugar Snap Peezy, easy for you to say” I don’t think that’s easy for ANYONE to say.

“I shouldn’t be encouraging chaos and smoothies” “Chaos and Smoothies! Now there’s a headline” Just a good line.

Sparky’s powers can…switch cutie marks AND personalities? I guess we’re just saying baby-magic can do anything, now.

So, Hitch being able to understand animals didn’t transfer to Sunny. Hmm…

“I’ll get to the…BOTTOM of it” *YEEEEAAAAHHH*

Sunny gets Hitch’s hat and badge. This looks good on her. I want this toy.

“Help me-he-he-he *wavy hooves*” Pipp has reached her critter tolerance for the day, it seems.

“My smoothie is too smooth” …Really Dahlia?

Seashell is reading a book about the Tree of Harmony and the Elements of Harmony. Where did she get that? It doesn’t seem like that was common knowledge before. ….What if Twilight wrote that book? Writing books to share her knowledge feels like a very Twilight thing to do.

“It just went POOF’ It was cute how Izzy said “poof”. Good performance.

Opaline knows about the lantern now. I’m not sure how that’s important since it’s just something Sunny used ONCE. *SIGH* Gotta sell those toys.

“Three new mysteries…and This smoothie *sips*” Zipp lifting the smoothie could be a meme.

“Can I keep him…as a little friend?” *Mouse dusted* Geez..poor Misty. She’s going to have her little friend in her lungs for weeks.

Well, if you’re going to make a little Critter Corner play-area for the critters, they’re NEVER going to go back outside.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Well this was slightly less freaky-friday then I thought it'd be.

Also Opaline can CREATE LIFE FROM NOTHING! How is her power compromised again? Did she use to have COSMIC GODLIKE level powers?

I don't think Magi-mouse is actually creating life.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I don't think Magi-mouse is actually creating life.

Well, maybe not. But, she's still creating a temporary "magical being" that has autonomy, is immune to the Crystals protective charms, can survive travelling MILES away from her, seems to exist until it is dismissed (it doesn't just evaporate on it's own over time), and she does it basically just on a whim. She basically created a magical drone. It's still one of the most complex magical feats we've seen anyone do on this show. Maybe it's all the magical pool in her throne room and not HER, but it's still pretty impressive.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And she straight up killed it.

That was the first time I really felt sorry for Misty instead of just laughing at her.

Still laughed at her.

Top Bottom