"My Little Pony: Make Your Mark" ...............................(SPOILERS)

blueskyscribe

Citizen
I'll have to scan in some of the UK magazines, there's a pre-movie one where Pipp and Zipp are practicing a flying stunt for a PR event or something and keep worrying about ponies finding out their secret. And there isn't a moral about "lying is wrong!" or anything, it's literally just: "Zipp and Pipp agreed that they lived very stressful lives" and then it just ends.

It also provided these great panels:

commentssection.jpg

If that ain't a mood.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pipp was happy to go along with it because she seems to be a text-book narcissist.

Does she though? She's pretty nice. The phone thing is just what the kids do, and for her it might be a valuable outlet.

I'm having a thought here. Pipp might have been secretly just as discontent with her fake life as Zipp was, but they coped differently. Zipp developed a craving for the real world. Pipp developed a craving for attention on her own terms. She became a content creator in the only space that wasn't actively managed for her. No writer, director, choreographer, stagehands, assistants, whatever. Just her and her phone.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
You can be nice as a narcissist, it's attention seeking: probably a little bit to compensate for the fact that her mother was putting more time and focus on Pipp. Thankfully, she either was naturally talented OR built the skills to exploit her lineage and her inherent reach.

I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve her fame: just that there was probably a driving force behind it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's a lot more to narcissism than that. I just don't see it. Rewatch this special and don't fast forward through the multiple scenes of festival prep that aren't really advancing the plot. Pipp's social skills are remarkably normal.

Top Bottom