The MST3K thread by Gizmonics

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
the next 3 movies have been announced:
Ballistica
Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe
Battletruck

Of those three my expectations are highest for Battletruck, even if(or maybe because) it gives of VERY strong Warrior of the Lost World vibes.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Wow.
It takes some work to make Abraxas look like the most competent film of a group.
Ballistica especially looks Birdemic level amature.

-ZacWilliam, all of them look appropriately awful.

Ungnome

Citizen
The only one that concerns me is Ballistica, actually. Reminds me a lot of Atlantic Rim, which was probably the weakest episode in season 12(at least for me). Pretty much everything else they've announced so far looks like it has a LOT of potential.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Backed it for as much s I could afford given the holidays. Which is not a ton.

60% is rocky with this little time left. Hope it makes it.

-ZacWilliam, I love MST3k and want more, this is just a bad time of year for this.

Last edited:

Ungnome

Citizen
Yea, I tend to agree. I think it's bad timing all around for this campaign(too close to Christmas with people still reeling from the massive inflation last year, starting during the SAG/AFTRA strike, etc). Could still pull off a miracle, but the way it's going now.... REALLY wanted to see the movies announced given the proper MST3K treatment.

electricidad

Citizen
Thought I had more time to back this. Visited the link this morning to see it hadn’t reached the $4 mil goal.

Ungnome

Citizen
Yea. It failed. Part of that I feel is they didn't to a great job of making sure people knew it was happening. The last message from Joel said that they MIGHT have a way to move forward by securing funding from some mysterious partners. It's not Dr Kabahl, but hopefully it's not round 2 with Netflix.

Ironbite4

Citizen
I feel the move off of Kickstarter also hurt getting the message out that this was going on as well. I understand the need to go totally independent but damn...

Ironbite-didn't think it'd hurt this bad.

Top Bottom