MPG - new Japanese Transformers series

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, given all the rest of MP pricing, I figured this would be around a grand to complete. On the one hand, at least it will presumably be spread out over time so you aren't paying it all in one shot. On the other hand, that "over time" part concerns me. I'd hate to get 4 trains in over the next decade and for whatever reason the last one never makes it.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I wouldn't expect a long time frame to release these personally. Notice how they are releasing 3 versions of Skids in rapid succession as well as the Seekers.

Granted those are redecos / retools of each other and not completely new figures each time. I still don't think (or at least hope) they will draw this out more than 18 months.

I do want them to release the Diaclone alternate color scheme shortly thereafter though. Some really nice changes on all of them, particularly Yukikaze, Suiken, and Getsuei.

Randy

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Im guessing more around the $800 mark. A couple of $75 ish dollar figures. Some $125 ish figures then one around $200 - $250 range. Its a Masterpiece figure, its bound to put a dent in the wallet. The only possible saving grace is not all will be released at once, so you can space out your money if you wish to commit to it. Im betting though once all are released a big box set will be put out for anybody who might have missed the first couple of figures and skipped the rest.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
20211005_230213.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Clockwise from the top-left:

MPG Shouki
Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (probably Premium Finish)
Kingdom Tigatron
Earthrise Optimus Prime (maybe a Premium Finish)
Kingdom Shadow Panther
Kingdom Megatron (or maybe T-Wrecks?)
Titan class Black Zarak
Kingdom Galvatron
Selects Artfire w/ Nightstick
Those new Tensegrity display stands with the Optimus-colored redeco of Kingdom Ultra Magnus's inner cab robot

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Bumblebee movie Optimus' might be the MP. Details don't match the Studio Series one.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
It's almost certainly the MPM.

Pretty sure they're re-announcing that one, as initial release was "indefinitely postponed" according to Japanese retailers.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
Hmm, nobody posted the (leaked?) product images here yet. Apparently from this Amazon.jp gallery that probably wasn't supposed to go live yet, as all the links are now dead.

Gotta say, I'm the furthest thing from a train buff, but that's a helluva good looking train mode. TakaraTomy were definitely serious when they chose to tease this guy at a model train show instead of a typical toy show venue. It's also interesting to see the full-length train mode, instead of the truncated version that the G1 toy transformed into.

B09HQPF13X.09.PT01._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT05._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT06._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT09._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT10._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT02._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT07._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT08._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT03._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpgB09HQPF13X.09.PT04._SCRMZZZZZZ_AC78_.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Definitely looks amazing, and I'm definitely priced (and spaced) right out of it now. Super awesome this exists finally.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
18,000 yen

Equaling about $161.52

Which isn't good but I might have conceivably thought about until I did the math.

$960 Raiden can **** right off.

-ZacWilliam, call me if we ever get a reissue or Generations take.

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeaaaahhh

a couple hundred more than Unicron? For a character that if you put a gun to my head and asked me what they did absent “showing up in the intro” I’d die?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ha ha ha what? I've always like the look of Raiden but get real with that price.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Well after Japanese discounts they're probably going to be around $120.

Which isn't different than normal Masterpiece car costs these days. So think about it that way more. They just happen to combine.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, one Masterpiece car. For me at least, buying this whole set is not even thinkable.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Well after Japanese discounts they're probably going to be around $120.

Which isn't different than normal Masterpiece car costs these days. So think about it that way more. They just happen to combine.

Doesn't work. Because I'm not gonna buy just 1 or even a random smattering. If I'd buy one I'd need to get the whole Raiden set and that price is not OK.

-ZacWilliam, I'd love to own a Raiden but I'd have to be somewhere in the area of a $200 or less Raiden for me to bite.

Top Bottom