Morbius

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Might as well put up a thread for this one. Morbius, featuring Jared Leto as the living vampire from Marvel Comics, has shifted from 28 January 2022 to 1 April 2022 for theatrical release. I cannot lie; I still do not see the point of the branding "Sony's Spider-Man Universe" without Spider-Man having shown up yet.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I cannot lie; I still do not see the point of the branding "Sony's Spider-Man Universe" without Spider-Man having shown up yet.
Rumor has it that Sony's Spider-Man will turn out to be a return of Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spider-Man, with the Venom and Morbius movies set in the universe of his movies.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I read the title as "Mobius" and wondered if Paramount was getting a little ahead of itself.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw it. I didn't read the reviews saying it was bad but I thought it was just too normal. Not big enough with a world ending threat and motivations are kinda eh.

I like the after effects but I feel like I've seen it some place before. Closest I can think of at the moment would the smoke columns from Harry Potter.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I did like how he learned to ride the wind. I don't get the mechanics of the air in front the train gives him the lift needed to stay in front. Maybe an aerospace person can explain it?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So this thing hit Netflix and being morbidly curious, I watched it this evening while working on homework.
It's okay. While I wasn't expecting it to be as surprisingly good as Venom was, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It's okay.

The end credits scenes were felt tacked on and rushed, though.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'm probably not one to talk about this, given I haven't seen the film...but I want to just ignore those stingers at the end of the movie.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So this thing hit Netflix and being morbidly curious, I watched it this evening while working on homework.
It's okay. While I wasn't expecting it to be as surprisingly good as Venom was, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It's okay.

The end credits scenes were felt tacked on and rushed, though.

Same. I watched it just now on Netflix just because why not. It was okay. It felt like the first half was a kind of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde type monster horror which I enjoyed. The second half just became yet another comic action movie which is just so boring these days. The credit stingers...the movie really didn't need them and would have stood much better on its own without them. But being a Marvel movie (Sony production notwithstanding), I guess credits stingers were just a given.

If the whole movie where more like the first half (more horror than action), I would have probably felt compelled to watch it again. But seeing as how it becomes yet another comic action movie with yet more tired CGI special effects making for hard-to-follow action sequences just like every other Marvel film out there...I'm just going to have to pass on any future viewings.

Also, It may just be a me thing, but whenever I see Matt Smith in anything, I absolutely can't not see the Doctor.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I'd hope not, given the negative response.
The one with Michael Keaton (or possibly his stunt double) seemed to get some positive attention, though that could have been for Ironic Memetic Mutation Purposes.

Or maybe it had something to do with Spider-Man ...and his Tangled Web of Movie Rights.

Top Bottom