Moon Knight On Disney Plus

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Thanks. We just watched the first 5-10 mins of Halo, rated T, and the violence was over the top for us. Just being cautious
Halo just went for straight for overt violence in the pilot for some reason. Definitely shouldn't be rated TV-14, but since the show is I assume the rest of the season would be less violent than the pilot. That said, I'm not going out of my way to keep watching this. Don't have a Paramount+ sub and this isn't making me.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, so far, this show has been waaaaaaaay less violent than any of the Marvel Netflix shows, or even something like Stranger Things. The most intense parts have been purely mental, not physical. And the most violent parts have only involved fighting CGI monsters, not people, and even those monster fights haven't been gruesome either.

Honestly, the scariest things about this show thus far have been the music and the cinematography, and some of the more tense action scenes have even been offset with moments of absurd comedy that had me laughing out loud during each of them because they were just so funny.

People may have been saying well before this show started that it would have to be rated R or TV-MA in order to do Moon Knight right, but as of the first two episodes, it has been nowhere near that level and yet still feels true to the core of Moon Knight without needing to cross over into R-rated material.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
People may have been saying well before this show started that it would have to be rated R or TV-MA in order to do Moon Knight right, but as of the first two episodes, it has been nowhere near that level and yet still feels true to the core of Moon Knight without needing to cross over into R-rated material.
Mr.Knight would like to have a word with how 'true to his core' dirty he's been done.

I understand that it simplifies the character, but...

Dvandom

Citizen
The only thing consistent about Moon Knight is that every new portrayal is inconsistent with the previous ones. Changeable as the Moon annat. I mean, the 90s series, which lasted longer than just about any other portrayal, made him more of a Tony Stark Lite.

---Dave

MrBlud

Citizen
That was some truly godawful writing.

That God court scene? What the hell was that? They didn’t even ******* *ask* Harrow if he was trying to resurrect Ammit. THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE TRIAL! Konshu/Marc didn’t bring up the scarab. Didn’t ask them to just look right outside the ******* portal they created to see him literally DOING IT RIGHT NOW! Having Harrow back afterward was kinda weird too but he used to be a vessel so I can kinda forgive that but the previous thing made no ******* sense. It was like watching a volleyball match with an idiot ball.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
True. They didn't even try.

Also seemed too extreme with the big magic. Like, couldn't he just have spied around or something?

Steven is still more interesting than Marc.

Cradok

Citizen
Maybe it was to suggest that the other gods are aware or involved with it. It's still not a well written scene, Marc and Konshu don't make any actual effort to show what Harrrow is doing, and aren't prepared for the simplest of accusations against them.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Man this is the weirdest reboot of Minority Report I've ever seen.

Sadly it's not really hitting that well with me. This last episode really bugs me for one reason:

You are GODS correct? So freaking have Harrow speak the truth. I mean if humans can make a truth serum in Antman and the Wasp, then surely you as freaking GODS can make a mere mortal speak the truth. Just zap him and ask: "Hey are you doing thing?" Human has to answer truthfully: "Yes I'm doing thing" Problem solved. Or is this some BS under the "We don't interfere with mortals" nonsense?

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I don't understand why Harrow showed up at Pretentious Collector's home?
like I understand why Layla and Marc are there. They're trying to pinpoint Ammit's burialground without the scarab. Harrow has the scarab, he k ows where it is. Why is he dicking around and showing up at collector guy's home simply to kick sand in Khonshu's avatar's face?

The action scene was cool tho. I really like the look of Mr Knight.

Dvandom

Citizen
Harrow's not just looking to win the race to Amnit's tomb, he wants to rub Khonshu's beak in it. That means taking an opportunity to kill or at least thwart Marc, and he knew that the collector guy had info that could help Khonshu's current avatar. He didn't need the macguffin that the collector had, just wanted to make sure Marc didn't get it either.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Just saw it.

That... creature thing was actually scary. Shot like a horror movie. Good job!

Kinda dumb tho that Harrow didn't get further than them.

I maintain that Steven is more interesting than generic hero Marc. It's weeeeeird though that Steven is a romantic and perhaps thinking it's all an adventure and he has time to romance some other guy's wife. Lonely, a dreamer and a bit selfish. Not your typical hero. I kinda like it cuz he's not all goody good.

Obviously we know what behind the other thumping container. But who is that hefty person? From the comics?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Steve when Layla was strapping him in.
AcceptableWhimsicalBullmastiff-size_restricted.gif

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
You are GODS correct?
I mean, if they're being historically accurate Egyptian and pre-Christian dietyhood was a lot different than the all-knowing and all-powerful God - with a capital G - we think of today. They could make mistakes and be plotted against, basically eternal humans with celestial jobs. Less about a Daddy in the sky and more about how things work in the world.

Dvandom

Citizen
The hippo-headed goddess was shown back in episode 1 in plushie form, Harawet. She's the goddess of birth and renewal (including being in charge of flooding the Nile every Spring), and is also in charge of cleansing souls before they are judged and sent on to the afterlife. She's also a hippo, so Steven and Marc are right to be absolutely terrified. (As far as I know, Harawet has not been in the comics, but there were some crowd scene stuff with Egyptian gods in the DeFalco/Frenz issues of Thor where she might have shown up.)

---Dave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I mean, if they're being historically accurate Egyptian and pre-Christian dietyhood was a lot different than the all-knowing and all-powerful God - with a capital G - we think of today. They could make mistakes and be plotted against, basically eternal humans with celestial jobs. Less about a Daddy in the sky and more about how things work in the world.
Yeah, even Ego the Living Planet back in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 pointed out that he and the other Celestials are considered "small G" gods, and he was definitely mortal.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Obviously we know what behind the other thumping container.
Not necessarily. I mean, my knowledge of Moon Knight is VERY casual, but it is obvious with the motifs of the series that there was another personality in the Marc/Stephen mind (made even more apparent the last couple episodes with both blaming each other for some killings). And no, I don’t count Khonshu as a part of the Spectre/Grant “entity” like some have.
But given the show’s liberties, what was done in the comics doesn’t mean much.
And I think the episode did a decent job of showing Harrow was clearly “working” a number of the other gods over in convincing them of the instability between Khonshu and his avatar before they had tried to call the god council together.

Top Bottom