Micro Machines Optimus Prime Playset

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
This looks pretty fun and the price is actually decent for what it is. Thanks for the link!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This looks pretty fun and the price is actually decent for what it is. Thanks for the link!

Right? Looks pretty fun. Between Micro Machines and the JADA toys G1 "Nano Hollywood Rides" sets, there have been several MM scaled Transformers items lately. Slowly but surely, Transformers has been combining with all of my other childhood toys.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Slowly but surely, Transformers has been combining with all of my other childhood toys.

Sorry for the double post, but I was just thinking about how true this is. Transformers was definitely up there as one of my favorite toys as a kid, but there were others. And, sure enough, Transformers has managed to merge with or reference almost all of them over recent years:

Micro Machines - what this thread is about
Lego - Kre-o
M.A.S.K. - Hurricane and Stinger were both homaged in the Galactic Odyssey Mircon Micromasters collection
Bone Age - Fossilizers
Battle Beasts - All the Titans Return Monsterbots got Battle Beasts as headmasters. I actually never knew until a few years ago that Battle Beasts had ALWAYS been part of the Transformers universe.

Really, if they could somehow sneak in a good Dino Riders Transformer, you'd pretty much have my childhood covered.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I hear you loud and clear, and no worries on a double post (this is a forum where conversation is encouraged after all!).

I have been really impressed with most of the crossovers we've had over the last few years. Ghostbusters, M.A.S.K., Battle Beasts, Micro Machines (and I'll throw Gigawatt in there too, as I really liked Back to the Future as a kid). In all honesty, they could release an objectively bad crossover and I would probably lap it up with gusto, if it merged Transformers with another beloved childhood franchise. I love that these things exist at all, and I hope that Hasbro continues to experiment with different licenses.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
An eBay auction has pics of the 2-packs. Chase versions of Prime and Bee.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The white Transformers boarder and the "first trilogy" Prime design give me weird 2011 flashbacks

Top Bottom